Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Christmas ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Oh!" Takeshi clapped her hands together, dropping bills and other misc. pieces of mail as she ran back to the dojo, "A party! A party! A Christmas party!"

Kai looked up at his sister from were he sat at the table. She certainly had become well over the past few weeks. Today she was wearing a light blue tank top and khaki capris. Rei stood up and went to his girlfriend's side. He says girlfriend although it pisses Kai off and they had never kissed (A/N: Rei promises that his first kiss would be with Takeshi.... right Rei-sama... >>;;; ). The invitation was indeed to a Christmas party on Christmas Eve. Takeshi's eyes light up as she begged her brother.

"Takeshi." He said, "Grandfather could be anywhere."

"Eh!" she spat, "Who cares? It's Christmas! I wanna go to a party with my new family!"

"Come on, Kai." Rei wrapped an arm around Takeshi waist, "Don't be such a wet blanket about the whole thing. It's just a party."

"Peeaazzee, Kai!" Takeshi begged, followed by Rei, Tyson, and Max. The stubborn blader rolled his eyes and final caved in under the group of puppy-eyed teammates. Takeshi threw her hand up in joy, gathered everyone up, and ran out to by clothes.

***

"Here, try this, Tyson."

"I dun wanna wear a suit."

"Here, try this, Tyson." Takeshi clenched her teeth as she spoke, glaring dangerously at the bluenette. Tyson 'happily' accepted the suit and went to change. At that same moment, Max came out the dressing room in his suit. It was dark blue with gold buttons. Behind him was Kai in a dark red suit with silver buttons; followed by Rei in a gray suit with matching gray buttons, "Don't you all look so handsome?" She chirped. Max smiled and agreed. Kai and Rei had doubts.

"Well, Takeshi."

"Yes, big brother?"

"It's excellent!" Rei cut-in, saving his captain's life, "Absolutely beautiful, sweetheart!"

"I'm so happy!" Takeshi smiled and hugged her brother and boyfriend. She couldn't wait for this party.

***

"Yatta!" Takeshi was dressed in a dark blue Chinese mini with gold fringe and a gold dragon going up her back, "I love parties, don't you?"

Max smiled and nodded as the other three trudged up to the giant white mansion that had banner drawn across it that read 'Merry Christmas'. Several bladers that Kai and the others had fought before were there, even former Psykick bladers were there. They ran into Kane and Jim who immediately introduced themselves to the young girl before them. Kane offered to dance with her the first waltz, but Takeshi had to decline. Zeo, Tala, even the Majestics were there. It was like the entire beyblading world was within the wall of the palace like estate. Kai kept Takeshi and Rei close, making sure that they didn't get separated. The first waltz of the night started and Rei held Takeshi close, admiring her deep blue eyes. He leaned in to kiss her when a tingle went down his back.

"It's like being watched by a vulture, Takeshi-chan..." he said, smiling.

"I know..."

"I love you, Takeshi."

"I love you, too, Rei." She laid her head against his chest and he rested his head atop of hers. The song finally ended and Rei took Takeshi out to a balcony. Kai tried to follow, but with one mournful, 'just give us this moment' glance from Takeshi, he stayed inside. The couple looked over the railing of the balcony and out to the river. The sun was dancing off of it like a water strider, leaving golden ripples hidden amongst the soft blue folds of the water. Takeshi sighed and scooted underneath Rei's arm. He smiled and nuzzled her hair. It hadn't been that long ago when they first met, but when he thought about it, he chuckled, "What's so funny?"

"Hmm.. a few months ago, if I had asked you to dance, you would have yelled at me." he hugged her around her waist. She placed her arms around his neck, "And now here we are..."

"In love..." They closed their eyes as their lips met. It was like everything in them was replaced by pure bliss. Neither had felt so calm before, as if the world had stopped and waited for them to break away. The wind blew gently, caressing them in its soft arms. It played a lullaby through the leaves of ivy that watched in silence from the walls surrounding them. Birds stopped their own song to let the warming love resonant inaudibly through the lovers' bodies. The sun itself blushed at the sight and pulled a cloud over it's eyes. The light breaking around the cloud cascaded down to the mansion and lit the balcony up like a spotlight. All eyes were on Takeshi and Rei, but neither knew nor cared who saw. As the kiss finally ended, Rei opened his eyes and saw that Takeshi had been crying. She clenched the fabric of his shirt and cried into his vest. He smiled and stroked her hair, "I have so many people who mean so much to me... but you and Kai mean the most. You two are my world and I could never live without you."

"Takeshi... you are my world, as well. I always want you to be happy and will do anything in my power to keep you smiling."

The two were greeted by a roaring applause. The other party-goers cheered Takeshi and Rei on. They blushed and went to stand beside Kai and the punch bowl. Rei looked out into the crowd and found his former team, The White Tigers.

"Ah! Stay here Takeshi, I'm going to go get my old teammates to come and meet you."

"Okay." Rei took off. Takeshi smiled from ear to ear and kissed her brother on the cheek. Kai jumped and blushed, "Thank you!"

"For what?" he asked.

"For being the best big brother in the world!"

Kai started to laugh when a loud thud and shatter echoed through the house. The party became dead silent as a young blader, bleeding from his shoulder, came racing down the stairs. He was screaming about a madman upstairs with a gun. Everyone went into a wild frenzy and ran in various directions to get out (A/N: if anyone's wondering, the party was on the first, second, and third floor; Kai, Takeshi and Rei on the second floor). Takeshi shouted desperately for Rei, with no reply. Kai grabbed her arm and started towards the nearest against. She tried her hardest to get away from her brother, crying and begging for him to let go.

"I'm not going to lose you again!"

"But Rei!"

"He'll be fine! We have to go! Now!"

"No! Not without Rei!"

"Takeshi, he's probably outside already!"

"No!"

"Takeshi!" Takeshi looked up towards the stairway and saw a tuft of black hair with a white and black tail running up them.

"Rei!" She tore away from Kai and broke out into a sprint towards the stairs.

"Takeshi!"
***

Iris: The ending is the next chapter, stay tuned afterwords for the epilogue... which is kind of the real ending.. but... ah, read it!