Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Family ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Takeshi!" I couldn't believe it. She was gone again. Chasing after Rei. Dammit. I started after her too, pushing people aside on my way to the stairs. When I got to the top, I followed blood trail that boy left behind. Takeshi... Takeshi... I can't lose her again. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, thunder rolled outside. It was going to rain, but there was no report about it. I was struck hard by flashbacks of the month it rained... the month mom and dad died. The month I lost Takeshi. It was happening again! The hallway seemed to go on forever....

There was one gunshot and I heard Takeshi scream. It was Voltaire, I knew it the moment the kid came in. He had planned all this, just like he had planned the New Year's incident. He was going to kill Takeshi! There was no way I was going to let him get away with that. Another gunshot exploded in the hallway and Takeshi cried out again. I continued down the hall, using every last bit of energy I had to run and find her. The trail ended I kicked open the door closest to it. Inside Voltaire was standing with his gun smoking. Rei was laying on the ground, a bullet wound in his leg and near his jugular vein. Takeshi was trying in vain to pull him away. She was crying and panting, he was too heavy for her.

"Rei.. Rei..." she breathed, "Please..."

"Takeshi." I said. Voltaire cocked his gun again and aimed at my sister and teammate. I jumped in front of them and held my arms out in defense, "Leave her alone!"

"Kai." he sneered, "I'm glad that you finally decided to show. I was afraid that these two would have to die without an audience."

"You bastard." I growled, "What the hell would possess you to do this?!"

"It started with your fool of a father." Voltaire said, putting his gun down. Let him have this moment I thought, clenching my teeth, The moment he stops, I'll take him down.

"What about our father?" I said. Takeshi whimpered behind me, still trying to keep Rei alive in her arms.

"If he hadn't have been born, I would have been able to take over the world. But he existed and I had to put my life goal on the back-burner. Since his mother passed away giving birth to that wretched boy, I had to raise him on my own."

"What does that have to do with us?"

"Patience. I planned for years to kill him, but when I looked in his eyes I saw his mother. The only woman I ever loved. He only had that sparkle during his youth, however. When he married your mother, that sparkle diminished."

"But... our parents were killed by a semi."

"Who do you think had enough money to pay that truck driver to speed down the road that day?"

"You're an evil man!" Takeshi whined.

"But he still had you two little brats. Whenever I think about you, I see him and it drives me insane. So I seperated you two in hopes that one would die from misery, you, Takeshi, and that I could use the other to gether the power of the four Sacred BitBeasts. But ever since those damn nuns let you out, I've have to re-perfect my plan. And every time I have to change it, you find away around it! You piss me off!"

He was done, and if he wasn't, I didn't care anymore. I ran forward and swung my leg around. One... two... three... four gunshots as he lost balance and consciousness. All at me. Takeshi shrieked, set Rei down, and rushed over to me as I collapsed. She caught me and slowly went to her knees, sobbing wildly.

"Takeshi... are you okay?" I asked as a boom of thunder rocked the house. Takeshi was trembling as violently as the lightning outside.

"I'm.. f-fine..."

"Please don't cry, little sister..."

"K-kai... are we ever going to be a family again?" I tried to answer but....