Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Are just Hard to Forget ❯ The Start of the Misinterpretations ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

(Kurai's going to do the disclaimer for all my stories from now on)

 

Kurai: my hikari doesn't own Beyblade or any of its characters.

 

A/N: Hey all! My very first one-shot! I got the inspiration to write this story from an episode of Beyblade that I watched. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the info: This story takes place a few days after Mariah and Rick have their `conversation' about "there is no reason to Beyblade if it is not for fun" and after PBB All Stars face White Tiger X. So yeah, onto the story!

 

Some Things Are Just Hard to Forget

 

`Argh! Ever since we ran into each other in the alley, I can't stop thinking about her!' Rick thought angrily. `Why?! Why do I keep thinking about Mariah?!'

 

"Uh, Rick? Are you okay?" Asked a slightly worried Max after noticing that Rick mysteriously became angry at something, "Do you want to talk about it?"

 

"No, I don't wanna talk about it MAX." Rick gritted out as he stood up, "Hmph. I'm going for a walk. Don't bother following me, ya got that?!"

 

"Okay! I won't follow!" Max said as Rick made his way out of the PBB All Stars' locker room. `He still hasn't learned that if we want to win, we'll have to work as a team. Which also includes telling others what's wrong with them.'

 

"Hey Max! Where'd Mr. I'm-better-than-all-of-you go to?" Michael said as he and Steve walked into the locker room when Rick walked past them.

 

"I dunno. All he said was that he was going on a walk and to not follow him." Max said, shrugging it off as normal.

 

"And you're actually going to LISTEN to that guy?!" Michael said with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. "Well I'm not! Who's with me on this search of finding out where Rick goes on these `walks' that he takes?!"

 

"I'll go!" Steve said, but lowered his voice so only Max could hear him, "Only because I'm bored though."

 

"I guess I'll go. Only to make sure that you two don't do anything stupid or embarrassing for any of you three." Max reluctantly said.

 

"Suuuure…" Michael drawled on, not believing a word that Max said. "Now let's go!"

 

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

 

After being dragged out of the locker room by Michael the instant that he agreed to go with him, Max had no choice but to follow; they were at least a 15 minute walk away from where the PBB All Stars reside and only about 50 yards behind Rick. If he were to leave then, he would definitely get caught by Rick. So that was out of the question.

 

"Remember Michael, not any closer than this, okay? I don't want to get caught by him when we were actually, well sort of, getting along! I don't want to ruin any of the progress that I've with him up until now!" Max pleaded with his seemingly curious teammate. "Please?!"

 

"Yeah sure whatever." Michael said, barely paying any attention to what Max was saying. "Hey, uh, guys… I think I know where Rick is going."

 

"Where?" Max and Steve asked at the same time.

 

"Over there," Michael pointed to the White Tiger X locker room, "I wonder why he's going over there, assuming that he is of course."

 

"Good question. I guess we'll have to wait and see for our selves." Max said, actually getting interested in this spying on Rick business.

 

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ With Rick ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

 

Rick was so deep in thought that he didn't notice where he was headed until he almost ran into the White Tiger X locker room wall. Slightly confused as to why he was here, he almost forgot what he was there to do.

 

^-^ Flashback ^-^

 

After Rick left the locker room, he decided to take a short stroll around the other locker rooms to think how he would talk to Mariah again.

 

"Hm… I wanna thank her, but how? I've never thanked anyone before, let alone a girl from a different team!'

 

Rick walked a few more paces before stopping with an idea.

 

`I got it! Now I just have to go over there, ask to speak with Mariah, and then follow through with my plan!'

 

And so that's how Rick ended up almost running straight into the wall.

 

^-^ End Flashback ^-^

 

`Okay, it's now or never. I'll just follow through with my plan and nothing will go wrong… I hope…'

 

As Rick walked slowly up to the White Tiger X locker room door, he didn't notice the group of spectators that have gathered to watch what Rick was doing at another team's locker. The spectators were Max, Michael, Steve, Tyson, Daichi, Hillary, Chief, Hero, and Miguel. All of which -well…except for the three All Stars members- were just passing by and noticed Rick almost running into the wall, and decided to see what he was doing.

 

Knock Knock. "Anybody there?!" Rick asked as loudly as he could.

 

"Yes! Just keep your pants on!" Rick heard someone say as they started to open the door. "Some people. So inconsider…RICK?!?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?"

 

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too, Lee. Hey, uh… is Mariah around?" Rick asked nervously, quite confused as to why he was nervous in the first place.

 

"Why do you wanna see Mariah for, huh bull-boy?" Lee suspiciously asked Rick, impatient for an answer.

 

"I just wanna talk with her, that's all. Now where is she?!" Rick answered back, angered that Lee wouldn't just let him talk to Mariah.

 

"Lee? Who's there?" Rick heard a girl ask as she unsuccessfully tried to look over Lee's shoulder.

 

"It's Rick. He says that he wants to speak with you." Lee reluctantly told her.

 

"Oh! Rick! What do you want to talk about?" a surprised Mariah asked as she saw Rick impatiently standing there.

 

"I can't tell you here, especially with Lee standing right there." Rick told her, glaring at Lee the entire time he said that.

 

"Okay. Hey! We can talk out back! Nobody will disturb us there, right LEE?!" Mariah asked, glaring slightly at a frightened Lee.

 

"Uhh…r-right. I'll b-be s-sure that no-one b-bothers y-you t-two o-out b-back." Lee replied, hoping that he wouldn't be the target of one of Mariah's anger strikes.

 

"Thanks Lee! You're such a good friend!" Mariah said as she planted a kiss on Lee's cheek. "Now, let's go Rick!"

 

"Okay Mariah. Lead the way." `Not like I have any choice but to let her lead the way…' Rick said as Mariah dragged him to the back of the building.

 

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ Group of Spectators ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

 

"So, he was here to talk with Mariah, eh? I wonder why…" Michael thought out-loud, with a smirk plastered on his face.

 

"Maybe he was here to ask her out on a date." Hillary said with a dreamy look in her eyes, oblivious to everybody's dubious stares.

 

"Not likely. Rick isn't the kind of person to ask someone out after knowing them for such a short amount of time." Max said, instantly throwing her thought into the "weird things that Hillary can think of" box.

 

"That must be it! Why else would he want to talk with Mariah for?!" Tyson said, completely ignoring what Max said about Rick and dating.

 

"What are you guys talking about? And in front of our locker room?" Ray asked as he noticed that a group had gathered in front of the locker room.

 

"We were talking about what we think that Rick wants to talk to Mariah about." Daichi said, for once using his brain to listen to what people around him were talking about.

 

"Rick wanted to talk to Mariah? For what?" Ray asked, confused.

 

"That's exactly what we wanna know." Max told him. "Hillary thinks that it's because Rick wants to ask Mariah out on a date, but that can't be true. Rick isn't one to ask girls that he hardly knows out on a date."

 

"Where'd they go? I wanna get to the bottom of this." Ray asked, anxious for an answer since he had a secret crush on Mariah for quite some time now. (A/N: ^-^ )