Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Starfish and Coffee ❯ Starfish and Coffee ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CSC-okay people this is my first Beyblade and my first one-shot. So if there's any mistakes let me know. I thought of this while listening to Prince's song Starfish and Coffee lyrics are at the end. A little shitty but still R&R
Disclaimer- I don't own Beyblade or any of it's Characters. I also don't own the song `Starfish and Coffee' that's strictly Prince's song.
7:30
Max Tate clung tightly to his mother's skirt staring at her with big puppy dog eyes. This was his first day at Lyfe elementary school for gifted children. He was eight years old in the third grade. His messy honey blonde hair shone bright around his large eyes.
“Oh Maxie don't worry, it'll be fine. You'll see all the kids here are very nice you'll see.”
“But mommy I don't wanna go.”
“Max we've been through this your going. You'll be able to see all your old friends on the weekends.”
“But mom-”
“No buts' Max now come on.” Her tone was stern and signified the end of the conversation. She worked hard to get Max in this school. He was just being childish he'd get over it. This would be good for him. They walked through the building to room DH. There were many kids already filling the room. One boy with dark raven hair and slate eyes turned to Max.
“Hey kid I never seen you here before. You new?” The kid looked Max over. Max nodded warily. “Oh I'm Tyson.”
“I'm Max.” Tyson smiled “Well Maxie you just stick with me. I'll show you the ropes.”
Max smiled big he just made his first friend.
“See honey I told you.” Max's mother smiled. “Now why don't you go in with your new friend while I talk to the teacher.”
“Yeah come on!” Tyson pulled Max into the room over to a small corner filled with toys.
“Um Tyson...?” Max noted another boy sneak up behind Tyson looking a little a lot upset.
“Ha ha ha…Wah?” Tyson looked up over his shoulder at the two toned hair boy above him. “Oh hey Kai.” Tyson sounded uneasy. The boy Kai held up a moldy and rotten smelling brown paper bag.
“I found this in my desk.”
“oohhh really huh st-strange thing huh?” Kai looked at Max. “Whose he?”
“That's Max Tate he's new.” Kai nodded “Hm.” Max held back a laugh as Kai turned the bag over Tyson's head. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.
7:45
It was 7:45 the kids stood all in line to greet their teacher Ms.Cathlyn. First in line was Kai then came Tyson third in line was Max. All of them though were ordinary compared to Rei Kon. Rei always stood at the back of the line, a smile beneath his nose. His favorite number was twenty thus why he choose to be last. Rei didn't have many friends in the class. They all said that he was a lair and weird. Rei's mother told him to ignore them because he was special and that always made him smile.
Today might be different though Ms.Cathlyn just introduced a new student. Max Tate. Maybe Max was special enough to understand him. Rei didn't get his hopes up.
“Good morning Rei.” Ms.Cathlyn smiled her sandy blonde hair was straight today with a lavender ribbon holding it back.
“Morning Ms.Cathlyn.” Rei liked her. She was nice and understood him a little. Well at least she didn't tease him.
“Rei I want you to show Max around today. Okay?”
“Yes Ms.Cathlyn.” Rei nodded. On his way back to his seat Rei heard snickering and knew it was directed towards him.
10:15
“And that's about it. The playground's not really big.” Max stood next to Rei at the sand box. It took about five minutes to view the whole playground. He was hoping on seeing Tyson around but the boy had to stay in for recess. Which was 20 minutes long more than Max was used to. This school wasn't so bad the kids here were all different in many ways and same in others. The way class was taught was different to. Instead of the teacher lecturing she had the kids give their interoperation of the material. If it was wrong she'd `guide' them towards the answer so the whole class was involved.
“Thanks for showing me around.” The smile on Rei's face got bigger.
“Your welcome Max. Do you wanna play with me?”
“Sure.” The boys started piling the sand as high as they could when a group of two boys and a couple girls walked up to them.
“Hey Rei.” A boy with fiery red hair and blue eyes aid obviously the leader. “Have anything interesting for breakfast?” there was snickers behind him.
“No same as always. Starfish and coffee, maple syrup, and jam. Butterscotch cloud, a tangerine with a side order of ham. You know that Tala.” Tala laughed and walked off with his group. “Freak.” Someone called back. Max looked confused at how Rei was still smiling. Those older kids were teasing him. If that was him Max probably would have cried.
“Why did you say that? My mom says it's bad to lie.”
“But I didn't lie. It's true that's what I always have.” Max shook his head if there was one thing he hated it was liars.
“Yes you did. I hate liars.” Max crossed his arms and turned around back to Rei. “So I'm not talking to you.”
“Fine I won't talk to you either.” Rei huffed and turned also.
“Fine.”
“Fine.”
“Fine. Rei?” Rei huffed in response. “I think that was the bell.”
“Oh yeah come lets go.” Rei held out his hand to help Max up. Together they walked back to class argument forgotten.
12:30
All the kids were currently at the lunch tables eating are at least most of the kids. Rei sat to the side at an empty table. Even still his smile never faulted. Lunch was his favorite time of the school day. For different reasons than most kids. No one would be inside the classrooms to catch him as he drew. He always did this before he moved school. His mom said it was like his gift to their home and school. Deciding now was a good time Rei snook off. Forgetting his lunch box behind him.
“Tyson why did those upper graders ask Rei what he had for breakfast?” Max looked at the raven haired youth.
“ Because he's weird. And a liar.” Max looked puzzled.
“They like to laugh at his answer. We all know he's lying. That's why he's no good. Just stick with me no one will dare mess with ya.” Max smiled. Tyson was a funny little kid. Kai snorted sitting down with his food. “loser.”
“No I'm not.” Tyson protested.
“Loser.”
“No.” And the argument continued. Max though was still thinking about Rei. If everyone knew he was lying why would he keep it up. And he was always smiling. That was weird almost as weird as his mich-match socks.
“His sock don't match.”
“Huh? Who's socks don't match?” Hilary a girl from his classed asked sitting across from Max.
“Rei's.”
“Maybe he keeps them in his lunch box.” Diachi a lower grader said gaining more laughs from the other kids.
“What?”
“His lunch-box. He's totally crazy with it he never let's any one touch it.” Kenny explained.
“Then why did he leaved it?” Everyone turned to Rei's left lunch box. Max got up and walked towards it a couple kids followed.
“What's in it?” Tyson said loudly only to be shoosed. Max undid the latch and pulled open the white tiger box. A little girl cried and another screamed. An older boy turned and gagged. Max himself almost died you know what they found. Starfish and coffee, maple syrup, and jam. Butterscotch cloud, a tangerine with a side order of ham.
“ The freak wasn't lying?” Brian looked speechless. Max smiled at all their faces. But mostly because Rei wasn't a liar they could be friends.
1:10
All the kids pilled back into class ach looking for the raven haired youth. but no one had seen him since lunch. Max walked up to Ms.Cathlyn carrying Rei's lunchbox smiling.
“Ms.Cathlyn where's Rei?”
“Oh dear I forgot to tell you. Rei moved. He won't be going to Lyfe elementary anymore.” Max's face dropped. “But I think he left you all a present.” Ms.Cathlyn pointed to the door. On it was stick figure drawing of the class all of them with happy faces. In front was him and his lunch box. His smile was the biggest of all.
2:10
Max ran to his mother as she pulled up in the car.
“Hey there sweetie. How was your day?”
“Cool. There was this one kid Rei he was always smiling every one called him a lair but he wasn't and I proved it but he was gone and left a big pretty picture of us on the door. I got to keep his lunch box to see.” Max .” showed her the box then continued ranting about his day,
“So I take it you like your new school?” Max nodded his head furiously. He couldn't wait for tomorrow.
END
CSC-so what ya think Review and let me know.
Ja Ne
Starfish and Coffee
It was 7:45 we were all in line
2 greet the teacher Miss Cathleen
First was Kevin, then came Lucy, third in line was me
All of us where ordinary compared to Cynthia Rose
She always stood at the back of the line
A smile beneath her nose
Her favorite number was 20 and every single day
If U asked her what she had 4 breakfast
This is what she'd say
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam
Butterscotch clouds, a tangerine
And a side order of ham
If U set your mind free, baby
Maybe you'd understand
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam
Cynthia wore the prettiest dress
With different color socks
Sometimes I wondered if the mates where in her lunchbox
Me and Lucy opened it when Cynthia wasn't around
Lucy cried, I almost died, U know what we found?
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam
Butterscotch clouds, a tangerine
And a side order of ham
If U set your mind free, honey
Maybe you'd understand
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam
Starfish and coffee
Cynthia had a happy face, just like the one she'd draw
On every wall in every school
But it's all right, it's 4 a worthy cause
Go on, Cynthia, keep singin'
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam
Butterscotch clouds, a tangerine
And a side order of ham
If U set your mind free, baby
Maybe you'd understand
Starfish and coffee
Maple syrup and jam
(starfish in your coffee, you will love it, told ya so)
(starfish in your coffee, you will love it, told ya so)