Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ T-blade ❯ Speak of the Devils ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rain: And it's time for chapter 2 of version 2 of T-Blade! Yay!
 
Ari: Shut up.
 
Rain: I'm the authoress. If I shut up, everybody shuts up.
 
Ari: . . . -_-
 
Rain: I thought so.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own beyblade. I do own T-Blade. Yay for me!
 
“Talking”
 
* * *
 
Socrates
If the whole world depends on today's youth, I can't see the world lasting another 100 years.
 
* * *
 
“This is going to be so cool!” exclaimed Max for the 15th time, at least by Kai's count.
 
“I know! I can't wait!” Tyson replied gleefully, also for the 15th time.
 
“You know,” muttered Ray, who had stopped finding it amusing the 7th time they said it, “You'd think their attention span would have run out but now.” Kenny nodded looking frazzled, but Kai simply smirked. Ray and Kenny's exasperation with the whole deal was the only thing keeping Kai from shutting Tyson and Max up.
 
Oh, yes. Call it revenge or call it unfair, but either way it's sweet.
 
Unfortunately Ray's comment rang true, for even as they got closer to the other side of the hotel, Tyson and Max began a new game.
 
Singing.
 
“We're gonna get new team mates,
 
We're gonna get new team mate,
 
We're gonna get new team mates,”
 
Kai twitched.
 
“We're gonna get new team mate,
 
We're gonna get new team mates,
 
We're gonna get new team mates,”
 
Kai growled.
 
“We're gonna get new team mates,
 
We're gonna get new team mates,
 
We're gonna get new team mates,”
 
Kai told them to shut up.
 
“We're gonna get new team mates,
 
We're gonna get-”
 
Kai had just raised his arm to slap Tyson over the head when a loud thud was heard from the room they were walking towards.
 
They all stopped.
 
A second later, voices floated through the open door.
 
“Is she dead?”
 
Tyson's eyes widened. Max looked at him curiously.
 
“No just unconscious.” Tyson seemed to do some strange combination of gasping and choking at the same time. “We can't afford to lose any bladers right now. Get her out of here, will you? Just looking at her gives me a head ache.”
 
A couple girls chuckled at this comment, and then soft shuffling sounds were heard followed by a soft thud as a door was shut.
 
It was Max who finally spoke. “Tyson? Are you alright?”
 
Kai looked over and blinked slightly at the sight of Tyson staring at the door as if it were both the greatest thing he had ever seen and the spawn of the devil at the same time.
 
“Tyson?” Max said again, beginning to look worried.
 
Tyson merely shook his head and walked quickly to the door, pushing it the rest of the way open and walking inside.
 
Tentatively he called, “Ari?”
 
“Who else?”
 
“Arianna Kinomiya of the Blade Ang- OW!”
 
The Bladebreakers quickly ran after him upon hearing his yell, then stopped short at the sight of Tyson sitting on the ground, clutching his head and glowering at the girl in front of him.
 
“I see you haven't changed.” The blue haired boy said scowling.
 
The strange girl grinned as she offered him a hand up, and Kai took the time to examine her. Long blue hair with white streaks pulled back in a braid, laughing light blue eyes tucked behind a pair of smoky silver sunglasses with out frames. She was wearing white tennis shoes, jeans with silver-white embroidery and a white tank top with the word “Angel” in jagged letters across the front. She wore a pair of cream gloves with the fingers cut off and a knee length coat of the same color was thrown over the couch behind her.
 
She smirked at Tyson. “Was I supposed to change?”
 
Tyson sighed and shook his head sorrowfully. “I had such high hopes for you, too- but you're as sarcastic and obnoxious as ever.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
“It wasn't meant as a compliment.”
 
“I know.”
 
At last Kenny broke into this strange conversation. “Hey Tyson?”
 
Tyson looked at him curiously. “Yeah, Chief?”
 
Kenny took a deep breath. “Who is she? How do you know her? Is she a member of the team we're supposed to be meeting? Did she hit you? Why did she hit you? Are you hurt? Darnit, Tyson, answer me!” he all but yelled.
 
Tyson was staring at him in a kind of astonishment, and the girl next to him had begun to smirk. Finally Tyson answered.
 
“First off, Kenny, it's hard to talk to someone who won't shut up.” The Bladebreakers snorted. “But to answer your questions; This is Arianna Kinomiya-”
 
Thud.
 
All of the Bladebreakers blinked as Tyson was once again sent to the floor courtesy of Arianna's fist.
 
Tyson glowered. “Ari! Cut the violence!”
 
Her smirk widened. “Why cut what works?”
 
Still glowering, Tyson continued as he stood up. “But she prefers- if you can call it that- to be called Ari. She is the captain of the BladeAngels, the team that I would have to assume we are joining. Yes, she hit me. I should think why she hit me would be obvious. And I was just hit- of course I'm hurt!”
 
Kenny blinked.
 
Ari snorted before muttering what sounded suspiciously like, “Liar.”
 
“Did I answer all your questions?” Tyson demanded of Kenny, still rubbing his head.
 
Kenny was about to nod when Ray interrupted. “No you didn't. You never told us how you know her.”
 
Tyson and Ari- who had chosen to sit back down- stared at him blankly before throwing a nervous glance at each other.
 
It was Tyson who spoke first. “Ah, well, you see, we're, er,-”
 
“Cousins.” Ari cut in. “Ty and I are cousins.”
 
Tyson threw her an irritated look, though for what Kai couldn't imagine.
 
Max piped up. “What about your team? The- Angels?”
 
Tyson turned to look at him and said, “BladeAngels, actually. And they're Ari's team.”
 
Max started to ask another question when Ari spoke first. “Speak of the devils . . .” she began wearily.
 
Tyson grinned. “And they come to you.”
 
* * *
 
R&R please!