Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ That Loser ❯ A Mop Fetish ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade so please do not sue. All I own is the plot line of this fic.
Title: That Loser (previously known as The Adventures of a Nerd)
Summary: What if Kai was nothing but a loser? What if his grandfather was the owner of a childcare business? And what if Kai was hiding a massive secret? What's a guy to do in this situation?
-
Chapter One: A Mop Fetish
A tall young man of around sixteen sat up in his race car bed, smiling. Today was the day he would visit the new childcare center his grandfather had built after school. Yes, his grandfather Voltaire Hiwatari. You see, his father died at the tender age of thirty two due to a severe carrot fever. Kai's father had been outside farming when all of a sudden, he turned orange and dropped dead on the floor without any warning. From this day on Kai had developed an unnatural fear of carrots.
Yes, it was all very sad and depressing but Kai didn't think so. In fact, he was very happy despite his father's death. Voltaire's childcare business was booming and that meant more mops! The pale Russian teenager with slate blue hair had a deep obsession over mops. He caressed them, he took photos of mops and he rode mops and most importantly, kissed his mops goodnight.
But what was even more pathetic than his sickening love for mops was that he decorated his room to look mop-pish.
And because of this strange obsession, Kai was often seen cleaning the house and the lawn using a mop. He didn't care what others thought because he enjoyed cleaning the house the lawn using a mop. He was a weird boy. But his mop fetish wasn't the only thing that made him weird. Kai had blue hair that was also slightly gray, he had blue triangles painted on his pale face, his eyes were lavender coloured and he wore glasses that were taped together with duct tape. Yes, he did look very odd.
But his appearance did not bother Kai because he only cared for his mops. Kai knew that one day destiny would lead him to a much better life with all the cool people. And when he achieved this, all his tormentors would pay dearly! His tormentors mainly the pimps, would regret for the time they had pushed him into the mud, thrown stones at him, gave him a wedgie, stole his dorky shoes, called him names and of course, stolen his precious mops. Kai didn't care if he was tormented so long as his mops remained unharmed.
He sighed before throwing his feet over the side of his race car bed. Yes, his race car bed. He did not care that race car beds were labeled seriously uncool. He stood up and walked over to his closet. Opening his closet, he yelled out in sheer joy as his mops greeted him. Well not verbally but mentally. Kai believed that his mops could talk to him. This was how delusional he was. He actually believed that his mops could converse with him by telepathy.
Kai grinned for no reason at all before closing his closet door. He walked over to his bedside table, pulled out the drawer and grabbed his treasured book. Grabbing the book, he dusted the cover and read the title out aloud.
“My Life: Written by Kai Hiwatari” Kai read, his eyes scanning the hard cover. He opened the cover to reveal the contents page.
CHAPTER ONE: HOW TO MOP THE FLOOR - by Kai Hiwatari
Firstly to clean the floor you want to clear the area. Remove whatever tables, chairs, rugs and other obstacles that are on the floor. If you want to clean these items first, then I suggest you clean those items first. That way, if any debris falls on the floor, it'll fall before you clean.
Secondly, close the area you are cleaning off. Do not allow people to cross. Preventing people from walking on the wet floor will keep them safe. It also prevents them leaving muddy tracks in the areas you have just cleaned.
Sweep the floor. Mops do amazing things but despite their pluses, they cannot seem to pick up crumbs, dust, hair and other solid debris. If you mop an unswept floor, you'll just end up pushing this stuff around which is why I recommend you use a broom to sweep the floor.
Place the cleaner of choice into the bucket and fill it with enough hot water to cover the head of the mop completely. Be sure to leave enough of the bucket empty to allow yourself to add the mop and to keep the wringer up out of the water.
Now dip the mop in the solution and let is absorb the cleaner thoroughly. Sometimes, a stiff dried-out mop will need to soak a little longer to loosen it up.
Wring the excess solution out of the mop. You don't want a soggy mop. You want a damp mop.
Start in one corner of the room. Move the mop around over the area you want cleaned. When you have covered a small area, dip and wring the mop again then move on to the next area.
If you come across persistent dirt, I suggest you visit the said area twice. First time round, be sure to leave the mop wetter than usual and use it to dampen the area thoroughly. Let this set for a few moments while you dampen the next area. The extra time gives the cleaning solution time to dissolve the soil. Then dip the mop again and wring it out more thoroughly. Go back over the area to pick up the water and loosen any stubborn dirt.
Repeat the above steps in this fashion.
Work back towards and a door and avoid stepping on the areas you have just cleaned. Any fine dust clinging to the bottoms of your shoes will stick to the floor and become mud. If you do step on an area that is wet, quickly rush back and clean up these tracks.
Let the mopped area dry. Opening up doors or windows for circulation will speed the process. Let the air do it for you.
When the area has finally dried, return any furnishings you removed from the area back to position.
Kai shut the book a smile crossing his pale Russian features. He had to admit, his mop knowledge sure came in handy. Smiling to himself, he walked over to his mirror and stared at his reflection. The reflection staring back at him wore a horrible patterned buttoned up shirt with the top button buttoned and pants that were way too short that usually were worn higher on his waist. The reflection also wore wire frames and his hair was parted down the middle and flattened to each side with gel. Kai also wore a bow tie. Of course, Kai was a true nerd at heart even though he was deemed a loser. So Kai, being the nerd in disguise of a loser, had a trusty pocket protector that contained his pens and a decent sized calculator. He grinned at his reflection. Boy, that boy in the mirror sure was looking fine! Or so Kai thought. With this thought in his mind, he happily waltzed down the stairs to make his lunch.
Everyday he would have a fish sandwich, an orange flavoured popper, a banana and some animal shaped biscuits tucked away into his moppish decorated lunch box. After packing away his food, he prepared his cereal.
At about ten minutes past seven, Kai brushed his teeth (managing to get some toothpaste on his shirt), packed his bags (which had `don't touch the mops - they have feelings too' label), and kissed his lovely grandfather goodbye before finally heading towards the bus stop.
It was a cold morning, the chilly winter breeze blowing into his face. But luckily, Kai had decided to wear his grandfather's woolen sweater to school. He continued to walk, whistling a merry tune under his breath when he came to a sudden halt. His eyes narrowed at the red headed figure seating at his stop.
Angrily, Kai stomped to the figure sitting on the green bench. This figure had his eyes fixed on the pages of his book. Kai couldn't see what this person was reading but he knew this person was up to no good. Kai decided to interrogate the figure.
“Who are you?” Kai asked staring at the red headed teen. The figure looked at Kai, his startling blue eyes penetrating into Kai's very soul. He shivered. He had to admit, there was something inhuman about this person.
“Hello, my name is Tala” he stated pushing his wire frame glasses up. Kai sighed. This person was supposed to feel threatened!
“What are you doing at my bus stop?” Kai demanded spit flying out of his mouth.
“I'm sorry, but this bus stop is owned by the city council” Tala replied. Kai had to admit, this Tala had style. But he wasn't prepared to admit defeat! He would fight till the very end!
“I'm Kai Hiwatari. I catch this bus to Avalar High everyday. I've never seen you before” Kai said with an attitude.
“I'm sorry mister Hiwatari, but I have just recently changed houses. Catching the bus is the only way I can get to school without being harassed.” Tala said. Kai opened his mouth.
“You get bullied too?” Kai asked mildly surprised. Tala nodded.
“I'm afraid so, it is rather childish and immature though, don't you think?” Kai nodded.
“Yeah…why do you get bullied?” Tala asked looking at Kai. Kai looked away. He wasn't prepared to share his detailed life with this Tala. So, he did the only thing he could do to escape the situation. He changed the subject to Tala's life instead.
“Why do you get bullied?” Kai asked
“Well, it's because I'm stereotypically a nerd in the eyes of the public.”
“Wait…you're a nerd too?” Kai asked, slightly surprised. The red headed teen nodded.
“Yes, and what about you Kai? I do recall asking you the very same question about you”
Kai sighed. It was now or never. “Alright, I'll tell but that's only because we both have loser blood running through our veins. If it wasn't for that, I would not tell you. So, here it goes. Well, my grandfather is Voltaire Hiwatari, owner of Hiwatari Child Care Business. I'm his only remaining family left. Anyway, I'm considered a complete loser due to my…err, odd habits and interests” Kai said a tinge of red appearing on his pale cheeks.
“What interests?”
“Well…they're…odd…not categorized as normal…heh heh heh” Kai laughed nervously the red on his cheeks deepening in colour.
“You can tell me Kai, I won't spread rumours”
Kai sighed. “Alright then, but be warned, my interests aren't normal”
“What are they?”
“You see…I have this fetish…with mops” Kai stated. Tala glanced at him.
“And I thought my interests were weird” Tala remarked. Now it was Kai's turn to glance at him weirdly. This was the first time no one ever laughed at his mop fetish.
“Why, what are you interested in?”
“I enjoy spending afternoons completing difficult mathematical equations” he said “I've completed three textbooks in the past week” he added as an afterthought.
“Now that's weird” Kai commented. “So, are you the only nerd at Avalar?” Tala shook his head.
“No, there are two other nerds called Johnny and Mystel” he said “My friends” he added.
“Oh…” Kai said. Silence fell between the two. Kai looked down at the ground, studying the ants. Actually, ants were very fascinating creatures. They were that fascinating that Kai had bought himself an ant farm, just so he could study them in his room. A loud hoot of laughter reached his ears. Kai and Tala both turned around and exchanged glances. They both knew a pimp was heading their way. As if on cue, a male sporting a bandana arrived and took his seat, far away from the two nerds. Kai studied him. Firstly, Kai studied his shoes. Kai noticed that they were Timberlands; the shoes looked to be only three days old. Kai studied his clothing. This male wore clothes that were of Echo brand. Kai then studied his face. He had no zits. Kai also noticed that this male had spiky black hair and hazel eyes.
“What are you geeks looking at?” the male asked with an attitude. Kai quickly looked away and studied the ants again. The bus arrived shortly afterwards. All three males boarded the bus. The pimp headed to the back of the bus while Kai and Tala sat at the very front, with the senile old ladies. Kai leaned over to Tala and whispered in his ear.
“That Rei is very nasty” Kai said. Tala nodded packing away his book into his bag. “I mean, look at the way he dresses. Look at his hair” Kai added
“It's dreadful” Tala commented. The bus left the bus stop. Tala looked out the window, watching the trees and houses fly by. Eventually, they reached the school about half an hour later. Kai stepped off the bus followed closely by Tala and Rei. Rei quickly walked ahead to catch his pimp friends. Kai shook his head at such behaviour. Both males headed towards the school, looking anxiously for the beginning of the school day. Okay, correction, Tala was looking in anticipation for his calculus exam whilst Kai was smiling at the fact he had made a new friend. Either way, both boys were content.
-
Like? Or not like? That is the question. Review and tell me what you thought.