Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ These Things I'll Never Say ❯ Undercover Danger ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Five: Undercover Danger
Kai's POV
She just got a call from Judy and she's pissed. Her parents have found out she's with us and they want her to return home. She's ordered an amansipation to live with whomever she chooses. She's chosen Mina and I to live with and we're going to court next week in her hometown. Mina must've offered her to do so or else she'd have chosen to live with one of the others.
Is there something in that stupid book of protocalls that says she has to be under the same roof as me 24/7, 365 days a year? Let me try and find a book on the... wait, there is no book! Or is there? I'd ask Ray, but he's still pissed with me, leaving Tyson because the girl's rules are a bit different when they do the biting. I'm better off trying to find one in a book store than humiliate myself asking Tyson. Huh? What the hell is she ranting about now?
"What do you mean I have to live with them until the trial? I'm sixteen fucking years old and have been making it on my own for six years! I don't need them!" I heard her yell into the phone that was on speaker.
"It's not my fault Keri, this is what Judy said that the courts have decided. It's only for a week, you'll win your case, but for now you have to go home" Emily said through the other end to Keri who's currently shaking in furry.
"To hell with both of them!" she screamed and ran out of the suite with all of us staring after her.
"Sorry Emily, she's awalled right now. When she suppose to leave?" Mina asked the braniac child protege.
"Shehas to be there by 1am your time, 10pm their time. She has to leave in no more than two hours or the police will come for her and that'll lessen her chances of winning" she answered my sister before they hung up.
"I can't believe this, it's a trick to try and make it seem like Keri's rebellious and delirious. They'll limit her freedom to nill" Ray growled before looking me square in the eyes.
"You have to go with her. In order for her to win, it's best they know what kind of people she's gonna be living with" Ray said, his voice calm but straining to be polite.
There was more to it than just what he said, he knows they'll find out about the bite and may not take too kindly to it.
"Come on bro, we gotta find Madamn Fox" Mina said to me as she headed out the door to find her other half.
Jesus Christ! Where the hell can a person hide in a desert? There's nothing but sand and ruins of ancient monuments, it's not a jungle! Sand, sand, sand, pyramids, sand, sand, sa...pyramids! That's the direction she headed in the last time she was pissed.
"Kai, we only have an hour left. If she's not on that flight, they'll come for her" Mina said after checking her Inuyasha watch. Keri's got one too, except with Inuyasha and Kagome instead of Sesshomaru and Rin, or so I heard them mention once.
"Lets go, I have a feeling she's in there" I said while pointing to the massive sand triangle.
Kami, she's vicious! I've got nail marks all over me from dragging her into the airport. Of course Mina gets off because they're best friewnds, but geez. You know something, she is cute when she's sleeping, unless she lashes out in her sleep and hits what's in her line of fire, mainly me.
"Haha. You're gonna be so bruised when we land. You could try to calm her down you know" Mina said as she turned aroundin her seat to face me.
"It's not my job to make her calm and I personally don't care, she hits like a baby fish" I told my sister who turned back around.
"No mom...I love him...I won't..." the sleeping girl beside me spoke out, what the hell is going on in that head of hers?
"Kai...you can't go...not again...not again...why?...deserter!...I hate you!..." she cried out softly as the tears she was sheading in her dream became real.
I had to calm her down before someone gets the impression she's psycho. I slowly moved my hand to her cheek and gently wiped away her tears with my thumb. Her expression slowly changed, showing that she was now in a dreamless sleep.
"You know something bro, I'm knida glad it's you she's stuck with. You may be an ass, but you've got a good heart" Mina said as she popped back over the seat and I blinked blankly for a second.
"That's the sappiest load of shit you've ever said to me!" I exclaimed and she laughed at me just as the seatbelt sign came on.
I shook Keri awake and nodded at the sign as she glared annoyed at me. We left with the flooding crowd of people into the terminal.
"Kai,can I ask a favour?" she asked me as we walked out into the Canadian cold.
"What?" I asked her as Mina mumbled complaints about the weather.
"Even though my mother will assume it, could you kinda...pretend...to be my boyfriend?"
I stopped cold, was I hearing her right? She wanted me to go undercover as her boyfriend not just her inadvertain mate?I could hear Mina laughing at my expression as Keri waited for an answer.
"I'm going to regret doing this aren't I" I asked retorhically, fueling my sisters laughter. I can sense the impending doom.
Oh, how I was right. I just finished doing meet the parents. Her mother is definatly where she gets her foxiness from. Her mother Renee, is really Kalaya, the fox demoness that was assumed dead after vanishing from the Kyoto region. Apparently, no one thought to look into the matter carefully enough.
As soon as we had walked in, a disapproving look had crossed Kalaya's features as her eyes pirced through mine and her voice rang in my head;If you break my daughter's heart, I'll tear you limb from limb mutt and your sister will be forced to watch, Tread carefully puppy, cause I'll be watching. So much for a cheery welcome, but what happened after that astounded me even though I didn't show it.
"Kahara Tsunki, I'd likeyou to meet your new step-father, Sangamaru of the neko-jin clan" Kalayatoldus, ushering to the demon tiger beside her that had vanished from the regions in China.
No wonder Keri left, if these are her parents now, I'd hate to see her step-father back then. Their eyes alone would scare any normal person on their own, forget the fangs and claws bit.
"So this is the little runaway. You've given your mother quite a fright not knowing where you've been for so long. You're lucky she can sense your life energy, or she'd have pronounced you dead" Sangamaru had told Keri, trying to pull a caring facade.
You may be able to see right through us, but the judge is helpless to our power and soon, Kahara's mortal side will be as well.
The hell she will, I'll make damn sure she wins her case and get her away from these power-weilding psychos.
I'm currently sitting in the room across from her and Mina's shared room. I can hear them talking about how to get some money by selling Keri's old things that are littering her room. Come to think of it, she's never had much luggage to bring with her when we travel. I think only two bags which is alot less then the rest of us. One with clothing and nessestities and another full of her candy stash and gift shop trinketts.
Um, now that I think about it, I've never seen a necklace, ring or braclette upon that girl although she has admired some pieces. Guess she can't afford them like Mina or I can. I think she needs something special, something somewhat simple and I know just the thing. Besides, it'll make this stupid boyfriend thing more believeable.