Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ These Things I'll Never Say ❯ The Perfect One ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Six: The Perfect One
Keri's POV
"You wanted to see me mom?" I asked the solidary figure as I shut the door behind me.
"Yes I did Kahara, sit down" Kalaya's voice said, drifting through the room like a blanket of fog. Not a comforting fog that holds moisture either, the humid-x fog.
"I know why you left and what you've accomplished during the past six years. I want you to know that I'm proud of the path you've forged for yourself. Your step-father and I have agreed that you should be able to come and go as you please without this whole court ideal on one condition" she told me, her back still facing me.
"Which is?" I asked her and she turned around, a smile on her face.
"You spend holidays with us until you're 18" she said and I ran to hug her, saying that I agreed.
Um...it's too quiet. Where's the sound of Kai practicing? "Mina, have you seen sunshine?" I asked as I entered our room, but found it empty of my twin.
"I've been ditched!" I exclaimed aloud to no one in perticular. I feel insulteds! I'm gonna go ice-skating without them. I love figure skating, it's dancing on ice but leaned more towards ballet.
Kai POV
I just finished shopping when I saw her on the ice, why isn't Mina with her? Those two are normally inseperable.
"Hey bro" Mina said, popping up from behind me as I watched my 'girlfriend' on the ice, no longer contemplating my sisters whereabouts.
"Why are you following me?" I asked her as she moved beside me.
"Hey! What's this?" she asked, snatching the bag I was carrying out of my hand.
"It's non of your buisness!" I yelled as I snatched it back.
Keri POV
I stopped to watch Kai and Mina's sibling rivalry over a shopping bag that was helplessly caught in the middle.
"Mina, stop butting in!" Kai yelled at me best friend before the bag was accidently catapulted into the air.
The bag landed on its side and out popped a box that slid towards me, hitting my leftskate and stopping. I bent down to pick it up as both Mina and Kai stared blankly at me, Kai because I had it and Mina because she was assuming the same thing the rest of you are. I wanted to open it, but if it was meant for me then Kai would wantto give it to me in his own time.
I skated over to Kai and held the box out to him, but he hesitated slightly before snatching it, our skin making breif contact that sent shivers up my spine.
"We can go back tomorrow, the matter's been resolved. I spend holidays with them until I'm 18 and I can live wherever I choose" I told the siblings who continued to stare at me until my left eye started to twitch in annoyance.
"If you two don't quit staring at me I'll tee-pee your house!" I yelled at them, my fangs proding over my lip a bit and my eyes starting to become slits.
"Geez fox girl, take a chill pill. Or, go hunt a rabbit" Mina said as she burst out laughing and her brother looked as though he wanted to kill her.
"I don't eat rabbits!" I yelled back at her, what the hell was up with her.
"Really? Then why's there a picture ofa chibi Kaidressed as arabbitbeing hunted and eatten by a chibi you dressed as a fox hanging in your room?" she continued, laughing so hard she was crying.
Kai POV
What the fuck is wrong with my sister? She just made her best friendrun away crying.
She'll never speak to either of you again. She belongs here now. Sangamaru's voice echoed through my head as 'Mina' vanished.
Damn him! I have no idea what this whole thing's about but he's a dead tiger!
"Kalaya, where's Mina and Keri?" I asked the demoness as I ran into the house.
"Kahara and Mina? I haven't seen them. Why, has something happened to them?" she asked me startled I knew and spoke her true name.
"Your 'dear husband' decided to impersonate my sister to split me and Keri apart and I don't know where either one is" I told the fox demoness mother who's true features were starting to show.
"Sangamaru! Where's my child!" she roared,now in her true form, a giant fox with flames instead of the fur tufs at the base of her paws.
If this is Keri's mother when she's angry, I'd hate to find out about Keri.
"Come on mortal, we're going to pay my ex-husband a visit" she growled at me, motioning for me to climb on her back.
I feel like I'm in a feudal fairy-tale playing the heroic knight. Even more punishment, will it ever stop?
Technically, you are in a feudal legend pup and you speak of this to no one. In the outside world of mortals,I'm known as Renee and do not fret so much, we will find both of them.
Who's fretting? Mina's my sister and Keri's...she uh...meansalottome. There I said it, I'm not repeating myself.
Sangamaru's in here, you must be careful pup. I can tell you care for my child but don't act stupid. Once you and the girls are out, run and don't turn back. This is now a battle of demons.
In that moment, I knew that Keri would never again see her mother after today. We crept inside the cave, hearing that bastards laughter echoing as we tried to find its source. Our shadows were dimly lit, blending in with the caverns walla as red eyes from the bats blinked at us. It seems strange that the fire on Kalaya's paws didn't give us away, it must be because it's demonic.
"Foxes and mutts don't mix Kahara because a mutt will always abandon you" Sangamaru's voice echoed clearly, telling us that we were getting closer.
"Go fuck yourself Sanga, I refuse to leave his side, even if he does abandon me" Keri's voicesaid and I had to take a few seconds to register what she said. I'd left our team twice, did she love me then too? And if she had, why does she stay?
Love is a very powerfulemotion, stronger than any other we possess. She never gave up hope that you'd come around.
Up ahead we saw them, Sangamaru with his back to us and the girls, well mostly Keri, defying his every word.
"I smell a fox and another mutt. Come out Kalaya and Hiwatari-san, don't you want to see Kahara-chan and your dear sister?" Sangamaru's menicing voice said, penatraiting into my mind causing me to shiver.
He won't let them leave alive and Kalaya knows it.
"This fight is between you an me, let the girls go!" Kalaya growled beside me at the tiger.
"How about...no" he told the fox as he assumed his demon form.
Save the girls and run. Remember, don't look back. Kalaya said as she lept at the tiger who met her in mid-air.
I scrambled down the cave's side as the demon continued to clash.
"Kai, what's my mother thinking?" Keri asked me after I untied her and Mina and started to lead them up the side of the cave.
"She's thinking about saving her perfect daughter" I told her as I helped Mina up onto the ledge before her.
Run! Run Hiwatari-kun ans take care of my daughter.
"We have to go" I told them, Mina taking off quickly, but Keri reluctant to leave her mother behind.
"We don't have time for this Keri" I said, grabbing her wrist and dragging her at a run out of the cave. Mina was waiting for us and we joined her as we ran into the forest.
"Kai, that's an active volcano they're fighting in, We've gotta move" Mina said just as fire spouted out of it, catching the trees on fire.
"Lets move!" I ordered, still having to drag Keri who was numb with shock.
We ran over the lake, the ice cracking beneath us as we went. We had almost made it to shore when Keri fell through, her hand slipping from mind as she went under.
"Mina, call the fire department and get as far away from here as possible!" I barked at my sister as I took off my scarf, vest and boots before diving after Keri.
Where is she? I gotta find her before she drowns.
Open your heart Hiwatari-kun and you shall find her. Farewell and I bid you my blessing.
Kalaya! Keri, come on, light me a path. I felt her hand brush mine and I grabbed it, pulling her up to the surface with me as sirens wailed in the distance.