Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ These Things I'll Never Say ❯ Angelic Tears ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Seven: Angelic Tears
Kai's POV
"Damnit Keri, breathe!" I yelled at the lifeless girl, I'd been preforming C.P.R. on for what felt like forever.
"Please Keri, you need to live. You've become such a big part of my life, if you die a part of me will be empty" I said to her, cradling her lifeless body in my arms.
"You've grown such an influence on me, I couldn't bare not to see your face everyday or to hear your voice conspiring with my sisters" I needed her so desperately to wake up that I realised that I could never live without her, not now, not ever. She is my air, a poision that's seeped into my blood, my kokoro no tomo. I can't hide from the truth any longer, I love her and I won't let her die!
"Ai shiteru, Keri. Ai shiteru!" I cried aloud, tears escaping my eyes and landing on her blue lips.
I felt her body rack as she started to have a coughing fit, spurting up the water in her lungs. As her coughing subsided, she gave a weak smile and whispered to me: "Ai shiteru" before she fell back into unconciousness.
"Kai!" Mina yelled as she ran towards me, the EMS behind her.
"They've got the fire under control, but Renee and Sanga would be ashes since they were inside the volcanic eruption. We'll have to break it to her later, but for now Mr. Dickenson's flying the others in. They won another one for us" Mina told me as the EMS took Keri away to the ambulance.
"Hiwatari-san, we'd like to check you into a hospital for pnemonia and if there's any sidns of trauma" an EMS personal told me and I hopped into the back of the truck, Mina following me.
Three days after the incident, Keri awoke from her unconcious state demanding to know where her mother was. The others were getting a bite to eat, so I told her the bitter truth.
"Renee...she didn't make it. She's part of the volcanic ash" I told her slowly and hesitantly, looking sadly at her shocked face. Mina and I looked that way once, after we found out our parents had been murdered in a house fire.
"No! You're lying! She's not dead! I don't believe you!" she screamed at me, a turrent of tears flooding down her pale cheeks.
"Keri, I've never lied to you before and I especially wouldn't lie about this" I told her, going over to her as her tears continued.
"Mother! Why? It's not fair! Come back mother, please!" she cried, breaking doen into racked sobs in my arms as I comforted her, like I once did Mina.
She cried herself to sleep, one of her hands in mine so that whenthe others came in, Tyson started to shoot his mouth off.
"Kai, why is one of your hands connected to Keri's?" he asked, I was going to ignore him when I noticed something.
"Why is your hand connected to Hillary's?" I asked smittenly as they hurriedly let go. Ha, that'll shut him up...for now anyways.
"You told her didn't you?" Mina asked in a quiet voice and I nodded.
"Keri's mother, Renee, died in the eruption. She'll behallow fo the next few days" Mina explained to the others who nodded in understanding.
During the next week Keriwas in the hospital, she was a shell. A haunting shell that brought back memories of my sister after our parents death. She didn't eat, she didn't talk and she slept fitfully, gazing longingly out the window when she was awake. After that week had passed, she was released and got right back into the swing of things, which is why she and Mina are currently out.
They've gone to the candy store, or so they said but they've prolly gone to wreck havoc on Keri's home town before we leave for Brazil tomorrow. Oh how I was right.
"Do you want to be benched for the rest of your lives?" I asked the duo who were stifling their laughter. This time, they had dressed up as Yeti's and scared innocent skiers, also the rest of the team.
"Kai-kun, where's your sense of fun? It's harmless pranking" Keri asked me, trying to contain her laughter.
"Harmless or not, you still scared the others shitless. Tyson's off complaining that he ran into a tree and Ray, and Max are still trying to convince Cheif that you...you were...hahahaha" I broke out laughing with the other two, it was pretty funny.
"So, um since your in a good mood, I'd like you to meet Rena" Keri said, holding a semi-sleeping dormouse up to me.
"We're not keeping that" I told her flatly, but she pulled the puppy-dog pout on me.
"It's your responsibility, not mine. You lose it, don't come cryin to me" I told her with a sigh and she smiled, putting Rena in her sweater pocket.
You tell her NOT to lose her pet and she goes and looses it.
"You've got two hours to find it, after that we're leaving it behind" I told her and she ran off to find her beloved pet.
Sigh and if she doesn't find it, I'm stuck listening to her rant and rave for six hours, mixed in with Tyson's snoring, Cheif's typing and Hillary, Mina, Max and Ray's chatting. Why am I being punished? I have to finish packing my crap, Keri can find her pet on her own.
"Yeow! What the hell just bit me? I yelled as I packed my BBA sweater into my suitecase. Lifting up my finger, I found the rodent attched to it, trying to look innocent. Like owner, like pet it appears.
Prying the rodent from my now swollen finger, I set it down on a spare sweater that it atomatically nestled into. Guess this means we're stuck with the rodent...joy. An hour and a half, Keri came into the suite having not found the rodent that was asleep on my bed.
"I think that belongs to you" I said, poitning at the lump on my sweater, watching Keri's face instantly brighten.
"Kai, where was she?" Keri asked me, running over to check on her sleeping rodent.
"Asleep in my suitecase waiting to naw on my finger" I told her and she took hold of my hand with the finger in question.
"Let me make it better" she said and I raised an eyebrow at her suggestion. How is she planning to do...Her lips against mine cut off my train of thought, my arms encircling her waist as hers wrapped around my neck.
A warm, dizzying feeling spread throughout my entire body as I deepened the kiss. I unwillinglyrecalled what she was wearing, low-rise jeans and a black spagetti strap top and I began to react in places I shouldn't be in 'public'. Damnit! We pulled away, needing air, her eyes casted to the floor.
"I'm sorry, I don't know wha..." I cut her off, I needed to taste her unique taste again, it was like a natural ectasy. I had a taste, a sliver and now I was hooked on it, on the sweet blend of strawberries and chocolate all rolled into one. I felt the silent tears as they fell, the pain that needed comforting and I'd be the one to take the tears of an angel away so the angel could behappy. The tears of the angel I loved and was kissing.