Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ When She Loved Me ❯ When She Loved Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful
Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart
And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears
And when she was happy, so was I, when she loved me.
Rei didn't honestly know what to think of the young girl as she walked around with him, constantly running to new places. She'd turn to him and just excitedly babble about everything and nothing at once. It was strange, SHE was strange…yet at the same time, he liked it and he liked her. It certainly kept things interesting.
“Rei!” She called, waving her hand. He blinked, “Hm?” She laughed, running back over to him and taking his hand. “You're day dreaming again!” He smiled, rubbing the back of his head. “Sorry.”
Yep, she was definitely strange, but he wouldn't have it any other way.
Through the summer and the fall, we had each other, that was all
Just she and I together, like it was meant to be
And when she was lonely, I was there to comfort her
And I knew that she loved me.

“Earth to Rei, you listening?” She asked, waving a hand in front of his face. “Yeah, I'm listening.” He said off-handedly. She rolled her eyes, tugging his ponytail, “No you're not, don't lie.” They laughed.
She was older now, a teenager, just a year younger than he was. It shocked him to see how much she changed when she had come back from her short disappearance. She still had her childish attitude, something that showed when her temper flared. It made him smile.
She leaned against the railing, looking up at the cloudless sky. “What will you do, when I leave?” She asked suddenly. Rei glanced at her, “What do you mean?” “When I leave for good. Will you miss me?” She asked, looking over at him. “Of course. But that's not for years, you know that.” He said, frowning slightly.
She hummed in response, but said nothing.

So the years went by, I stayed the same
And she began to drift away, I was left alone
Still I waited for the day, when she'd say, "I will always love you."

He had been wrong. Just a few weeks later she had left without a word. Now it had been a few years and he hadn't heard a word about her. Not able to go after her, he was stuck wondering how she was, what she was doing.
Closing his eyes, the nekojin sighed silently. He was lonely, sure, people visited, but they weren't her. The one he wanted to see. He missed her and wanted her to come back. He hated to say it, but he felt depressed without her.
“Moping isn't like you, Rei.”

Lonely and forgotten, never thought she'd look my way,
She smiled at me and held me, just like she used to do,
Like she loved me, when she loved me
At the voice he jerked up and turned around, eyes wide. There she was. She was much older now, a grown woman. But her eyes still held the child-like spark that they always carried. He felt his own eyes tear up as he threw his arms around her. She smiled warmly and returned the hug gently.
“I missed you.” He whispered. “I missed you too.” She said softly, stroking his hair gently. Reluctantly, he pulled away and looked up at her. “You've changed…” He mumbled, averting his gaze quickly.
“Yes.” She said quietly, tilting his head up, “But not as much as you think.” She smiled as he blushed faintly.
“I have someone I'd like you to meet.” She said, pulling away gently. She glanced behind her and smiled. “It's alright. He's not going to hurt you.” Rei tilted his head slightly before gasping softly as a little girl poked her head out from behind her. She shyly came out of hiding and walked up to him.
“This is my daughter, Suki.” She introduced her. Rei smiled faintly, crouching down next to the girl. “Hi there. I'm Rei.” The girl looked surprised before smiling happily and hugging him. He laughed and hugged her back.
She smiled faintly. She was glad things turned alright.

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful,
Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart
When she loved me.