Big O Fan Fiction ❯ Musical Sounds ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
A.N. April Fools. God I love this holiday.
 
Disclaimer- Nope Nada not happening and that sucks cause I ADORE this show.
 
 
Roger awoke, for once, without the accompaniment of a blaring piano. Poking his head out from his blanket fort he looked around confused, still in the haziness of his sleep. Shaking his head he woke up fully. Where was Dorothy and why wasn't she playing the piano like she normally did?
 
Not that he was worried or anything.
 
Roger leapt from the bed and, donning his robe, threw open the door to his room bellowing out, “NORMAN!!”
 
The man appeared in front of his door in an instant, bowing slightly. Roger jumped back at seeing him appear so fast but quickly regained his composure. “Something wrong sir?”
 
“Where is Dorothy and her godawful music that blares every damn day since she got here?”
 
Norman chose not to speak but instead he smiled mysteriously. “Why don't you check for yourself sir? I have to get your breakfast ready then tend to Big O. You really did a number on him last night if I do say so myself sir. I'm sure she's not far.” And then he left, just as quickly as he came.
 
Roger just shrugged, not at all finding his butler's behavior odd. Norman was like that. He glanced down the hallways then stalked towards his livingroom/parlor. He was going to get down to the bottom of this.
 
 
Roger finally got down to the end of the hall and as soon as he turned he stopped dead in his tracks. There was Dorothy looking as pretty as she could be in a dark blue dress that was the same length as her black ones. And she added a dark blue ribbon to her hair. Smiling softly at the dumb look on his face she proceeded to play Mozart's Symphony #6 - Ode to Joy.
 
Roger walked over and stood next to the piano while she continued to play. This was wonderful. It felt as if she was playing from the heart, as if she was one with the music. He closed his eyes peacefully and began swaying ever so lightly to the peaceful music. `Why can't she do this every day? This I wouldn't mind waking up to.' He thought silently.
 
When she finished Roger opened his eyes and asked in a soft voice so as not to break the spell over the room, “What brought all of this on Dorothy?”
 
She grinned and said in her monotone voice, “April Fools Roger.” Then she played her regular music that was lively and mechanical sounding. Roger groaned and banged his head on the pillar next to him while Norman laughed merrily from the kitchen.
 
 
 
^____^ God I love April Fools…