Bleach Fan Fiction / Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Princes of Death ❯ The First Battle ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Princes of Death: A High-spirited Saga
Author: chibi-kyuubi
Genre: Action/Adventure/General
Rating: K+
Summary: Prince of Tennis and Bleach crossover. The Seigaku regulars go to Karakura Town for an exhibition match, but end up getting influenced by Ichigo's reiatsu. Will they be able to master their newfound powers before it is too late to save Tokyo City from being turned into a base of operations by Aizen's minions?
Disclaimer: I neither own Bleach nor Prince of Tennis.
-----
Chapter 6: The First Battle
 
“Oishi, what are we going to do now?” Kikumaru asked. A while ago, a man from the café pointed out the direction he saw Kawamura and Fuji running towards to. However, it led Kikumaru, Inui, Oishi, and Tezuka to an intersection without a clue on which direction to take.
 
“Since there are 4 possible routes, we could split up and cover all of them,” Inui suggested.
 
“That sounds like a good idea,” Tezuka said. “What do you think Oishi?”
 
“I think they're this way,” Oishi pointed to the right of the intersection. “I don't know why, but I have this feeling that Taka-san and Fuji are in that direction.”
 
“Do you trust this feeling of yours?” Tezuka asked.
 
“Yes,” Oishi answered without hesitation.
 
“Alright,” Tezuka said. “We'll follow your directions until we find them.”
 
-----
 
Fuji couldn't breathe. The moment he swallowed the soul candy, his lungs started convulsing. After a few seconds, he regained his breath and immediately noticed that he felt lighter than usual. In fact, he felt so light that he thought could step on air if he ran fast enough. Fuji looked at his hands and realized that he was wearing different clothes than the ones he had on earlier. Instead of a light green shirt and jeans, he was now wearing a black robe tucked inside a matching black hakama. And instead of sneakers, he now had tabi socks and straw sandals on his feet. He moved a little and felt his left arm brush against something on his waist. There he found a sheathed katana with a purple hilt and a rectangle design etched parallel to a rectangular hand guard. He tilted his head to get a better look at the sword, but then, to his surprise, he saw himself lying on the ground right behind him. Fearing the worst, he looked over at the stranger who gave them the mysterious candy.
 
“Don't worry about it. You can get back into your body later,” the man said. “The only thing you need to worry about right now is that.”
 
Fuji saw the man point a finger towards him. He turned around and saw the hollow's arm sweeping low, heading his direction. Fuji easily avoided the blow by jumping above the hollow's huge fist, but he still wasn't used to being a spirit and jumped too high. The hollow took advantage of Fuji not being able to balance himself in midair and sent a punch flying towards the prodigy's direction. Fuji covered his face with his forearms, hoping to block the hollow's fist that was headed his way. The punch never reached Fuji though, because Kawamura suddenly appeared in front of him and stopped the hollow's fist with the flat side of his sword. The taller boy was pushed back a little, but otherwise he completely stopped the hollow's attack. He was wearing the same kind of black outfit that Fuji had on. His sword was half a katana longer than Fuji's and Kawamura held onto it with both hands. It had a red hilt, and had a flame design engraved on its heart-shaped hand guard. Kawamura jumped back a little, but was still standing between Fuji and the hollow. He glanced at Fuji to make sure that the other boy was alright, and then pointed his sword at the monster that attacked his friend.
 
“How dare you attack Fujiko-chan? UNFORGIVABLE!” Kawamura was in burning mode again. I feel like I'm ten times stronger and faster than usual, the boy thought. I'm not sure about what happened, but this feels awesome.
 
The hollow realized that it wasn't fighting normal humans anymore and howled in frustration. It desperately charged towards Kawamura and tried to grapple the boy, but the Seigaku regular evaded the monster's grasp by leaping towards the hollow itself.
 
“Take this! GREATO!” Kawamura slashed off the hollow's right arm as he passed, and then he landed skillfully behind the monster as it shrieked in pain.
 
“Your friend is really into it isn't he?” The merchant said to Fuji. The boy turned his head and saw the man standing right behind him. “That hollow will try to escape now that it's injured. You have to purify it before it does or else it will come back. The fastest and easiest way to purify it is to destroy its head from behind with a soul slayer.”
 
“Soul slayer?” Fuji asked.
 
“That,” the man pointed at the sword Fuji was carrying.
 
Fuji took the man's hint and drew out his katana. The prodigy swiftly ran up the wall towards the hollow. He landed on its arched back and then stabbed the back of its head with his soul slayer. The hollow cried out one last time as it disintegrated in glowing blue particles and sent to soul society. Fuji did a backflip as the hollow dissipated and landed gracefully beside his friend. He looked at his right hand holding the sword and wondered. I haven't tried kendo or any similar sport, but ever since I held this weapon, I feel like I've been sword fighting all his life.
 
“Splendid job,” the man said as he applauded. “To get back into your bodies, just hold them tight for a few seconds.”
 
Fuji and Kawamura did what the man had just told them and found themselves feeling normal again. Whatever strength or agility they had when they were outside of their bodies was now gone.
 
“What was that thing?” Kawamura asked as he held out one hand to help Fuji stand up.
 
“That's called a hollow,” the man answered. “If a dead person's spirit refuses to pass on, it will eventually turn into a hollow. You two can see spirits right?”
 
“I guess,” Fuji said. “But I've never been able to see one until a few minutes ago, in the café.”
 
“Me too,” Kawamura added. “I saw one in the hospital earlier but I ignored it. I thought it was just my imagination.”
 
The man nodded and continued. “A hollow is a creature of pure instinct, and it seeks only to feed on other spirits or people with high spirit power like you two. You see, only people with high enough spirit power can see and hear spirits. Also, since hollows are spirits, they cannot be harmed by normal weapons.”
 
“That's why you gave us these,” Fuji said as he held out his soul candy dispenser. It was similar to what Kawamura had, except that Fuji's had a cute bear head instead of a fish on it. “But you said earlier that you're a merchant. What do you want in exchange for these?”
 
“Data,” the man answered, smiling.
 
“Data?” Kawamura asked.
 
“Yes,” the man continued. “Data on something I have recently taken interest in.”
 
“I don't think we have the data you're looking for,” Fuji said.
 
“Ah, don't worry about that,” the man said. “I've already collected the data that I wanted.”
 
Images of Inui collecting personal data suddenly popped into Fuji and Kawamura's minds.
“That's good,” Fuji said after he shook the thoughts of Inui out of his head. “So we get to keep these?”
 
“Yes, of course,” the man said. “What kind of merchant takes back sold goods? Besides, you never know when you might be attacked again.”
 
“What do you mean attacked again?” Kawamura asked. “Are there more of these things coming?”
 
“Like I said, hollows tend to attack people with high spiritual power,” the man answered. “At this rate, not only the two of you, but your other friends might also be in danger. Speaking of whom, they're almost here and they seem to be looking for you.”
 
“Fuji! Taka-san!” The two Seigaku regulars turned around and saw their teammates on the other side of the alley. Kikumaru saw the two and waved at them.
 
“I guess that's my sign to leave,” the man said.
 
“Wait, what do you mean our friends might also being in danger?” Fuji asked.
 
“Don't worry,” the man said. “I've got this feeling that we'll meet again soon. I promise to answer all your questions when that happens.”
 
“Could you at least tell us your name?” Kawamura asked.
 
“Urahara Kisuke,” the man answered. “Pleased to meet you. Oh, one last advice before I take my leave. When you find yourselves in a pinch, sharing some candy might not be a bad idea. Well, until we meet again, Kawamura Takashi-kun, Fuji Syuusuke-kun.”
 
Fuji was about to say something, but the man suddenly disappeared, leaving only a faint breeze behind.
 
“How did he know our names?” Kawamura asked.
 
“I don't know either,” Fuji said. “But that man, he's not just an ordinary merchant.”
 
“I know,” Kawamura said. “He could have easily defeated that hollow by himself.”
 
-----
 
The dense fog in the alley started to disperse as Kikumaru, Oishi, Tezuka, and Inui approached the other two seniors. Kikumaru could see the other side of the street clearly now, but the man Fuji and Kawamura were talking to was already gone.
 
“Taka-san! Fuji!” Oishi said as he saw the two walking towards them. “What were you doing here? Did something happen? Are you alright?”
 
“We're alright,” Fuji said. “Sorry to worry you.”
 
“You were talking to a man wearing a hat a while ago. Who was he? Where did he go?” Kikumaru asked.
 
“It's hard to explain,” Kawamura said.
 
“Does it have anything to do with ghosts, shinigami, hollows, or Konsoh?” Inui suddenly asked. Kawamura and Fuji looked at each other in surprise.
 
“I see,” Tezuka said. “Tell us everything later. Let's return to the hospital first to check out and then we'll discuss things when we get to the hotel. We also have something to tell you.”
 
-----
 
Notes: Yes, they're shinigami. Well, sort of. Everything will be explained in later chapters so please be patient. Also, Kawamura's soul slayer is a nodachi, which is similar to a katana but is approximately 1.5 times longer and is carried across the back. Kawamura also carries his soul slayer in the same way, even though it wasn't mentioned. (like Hitsugaya Toushiro) I would really appreciate reviews, so please review after reading.