Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ #11, The K: The Recollection ❯ Prologue: The Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
#11, The K
Volume 1
The Recollection
Chapter 1
For the purpose of this Recollection names that hold power when used in chants shall not be mentioned. I will provide you with rank, characteristic, and circumstance only. Starting with my own.
Forever, in terms of human time, ago I was given the rank of "Personal Scribe: He who recollects". I will unfold to you the memories of the being that commanded and molded the most successful unit to ever serve The On High, may The Ever hold me. As long as my feathers molt I will recall the exploits of Platoon XI and the only General in our history that is recorded as undefeated versus The Betrayers, may they burn by Absolution's flame for all time.
To those reading this and walking the plane of existence that is Earth as those called humans, these are the words of he who was declared by The On High as the most brawlic of all to ever serve our home, Nuine. This is The Mighty's beginning. While I hope your soul never sees him unsheathe his sword, I realize that many of you will fall. Horribly. You are human and it is in your very being to betray; yourself, those you love, and those that love you. In the beginning it was your destiny, all of you, to become an enemy of The Way, may it forever split those in The Chasm from those that love The Known. I lament your limited existence.
- Weis, Follower of the Way known as Scribe: The Recollector
If I were to tell you of power that defies the very science and logic you hold dear would you believe me? I doubt it. You have never witnessed the battles and horror that those under my command wield. For that matter you have never seen the ravage that is me. My lust for battle is legendary and for longer than your species has existed I have been called The Living Plague. As The On High saw fit to create the great white shark to be the top of his food chain, so did He create me. Mine is not a marvel of evolution. No, my skills are a product of the grind that is life.
Ha, excuse me. I don't mean life in the way you experience it. No, I mean the muck that is blood as it coats and glistens. Ah, the drip that is life. The ray of bliss that glazes over my enemies when they realize that my power is not of boast but of substance... life, the blade that rends and molds simultaneously. With One and Only in my hand I carve my name into the very fabric of existence.
The Archae isn't in his clear mind if he thinks this is a way to punish me. This will be a blaze that can only be matched by my killing The Legacy General himself (same person as The Archae). Legacy knows my power well. My strength and The Archaic one's fire have sharpened each other many times. But One and Only's first taste of Absolution wasn't due to infatuation with my strength. My faithful Brigadier, The Gift, was at the center of our battle.
Human, know that you read not history but eternity. You CAN NOT appreciate the weight of the decisions I made from second to second, much less fathom the repercussions my blade etched then severed.
Can you hate a person so much that you would damn them to be the play-thing of Betrayers, may my fangs forever taste their flesh? Yet still love the same person so much that you would stand alone in Absolution's fire, exiled and commanded to burn until less than ash... all so that she wouldn't cry, but smile?
I did and still do.