Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 30Kisses ❯ Dear Diary ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Entry AA
Dear diary,
Rukia has an assignment in the Human World and will be staying there over the next two weeks. She asked that I tell her everything that will occur during her absence, so I will be keeping a diary to remind me of important events.
Had meeting with 12th division captain today. I wasted three whole hours listening to him explain his new idea for enhancing baseline shinigami abilities, courtesy of using my division members as guinea pigs. Told him he could use Renji.
I think he may have poisoned the tea he served.
Entry BB
Dear diary,
Nearly fell down the steps of Sokyoku Hill. Pretty sure Renji pushed me, have no idea why, but he looked pretty disappointed when I caught myself.
Entry CC
Dear diary,
The Kuchiki pantry is apparently out of the white chocolate from the real world. I sternly reprimanded the cook. Unfortunately, this seems to have given her a severe case of hysterics, so now I have to make something for myself while all the servants are out comforting the incompetent. I wish Rukia had had time to teach me before she went to the Human World.
Entry DD
Dear diary,
Apparently I have done something to offend Zaraki, because every sentence he said today was an insult to either me, my clan or my late wife. Naturally nothing of importance got done in today’s meeting.
She wasn’t-
I didn’t-
Alright, he may have a point.
Entry EE
Dear diary,
A maid smashed one of the vases in the hall, the green one that was a wedding present from Aunt Tomoe. Naturally, I fired her.
Where is Rukia? She always knew how to deal with these types of problems.
Entry FF
Dear diary,
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO STATE THAT WHAT UKITAKE SUGGESTED IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE!
I mean, Rukia would never do that. She would never violate the reputation of the Kuchiki by allowing herself to be associated with such trash. I’m sure she is conducting herself with the utmost propriety while she is in the Human World.
Besides, the ryoka is only a tenth her age.
And why was Zaraki paying off that old man anyway?
Entry GG
Dear diary,
I never realized how hard it can be to get through the day without someone to talk to at home.
Entry HH
Dear diary,
I have discovered something very disturbing about my lieutenant. I’ve always known Renji has had a soft spot for Rukia, but today has gone beyond the pale.
Today I caught him . . . rifling through her underwear drawer.
Needless to say, I had him packed off to the 12th division before sunset. But sterner measures must be taken. And I will have to speak to Rukia when she comes home. Clearly, she should no longer associate herself with that ruffian. Some other, more refined, friends will have to be found for her. Hinamori Momo acts like a perfect lady; she would be an appropriate companion.
Entry II
Dear diary,
I have temporarily re-admitted Renji to my division. He has begged for forgiveness, claiming it was a prank that Ikkaku had ‘dared’ him to do. Discreet inquiries to Yumichika-san have backed up his claims, so he is conditionally forgiven. However, he will spend every afternoon from now until Rukia gets back as Kurotsuchi’s lab experiment. Then he will apologize to her and endure whatever punishment she feels is appropriate compensation for his crime.
He needs to realize that the most significant factor of pranking is not getting caught. I suppose either Rukia or I could give him tips, but Renji is so hopeless that I don’t think any advice we give him will help.
Entry JJ
Dear diary,
I AM NOT GAY! WHO THE HELL SPREADS THESE RUMORS!
Entry KK
Dear diary,
For once, my lieutenant and I have found something to agree upon. Whoever started these rumors needs to be tracked down then disposed of. Hopefully before Rukia gets home. Because the situation here would drive her straight back to the Human World.
Entry LL
Dear diary,
I expected someone from the 11th division.
Instead it turned out to be Soifong. Where does she get these ideas? I did try to bring her to task for the rumors, but the rest of Kidou Corps took exception to my plans. So I will simply have to be subtle.
The 10th division lieutenant is surprisingly resourceful in these situations. She not only found an artist, but also a publisher and distributor for this literary work.
Dreams Seen in Smoke: A Tale of a Cat and a Shopkeeper will be hitting shelves by tomorrow. I’m sure Soifong will appreciate the lovely detailed scenes of passion that have been illustrated.
That or she’ll take my face off.
Only a few more days until Rukia returns. This will be a good story to share with her over dinner.
Entry MM
Dear diary,
I went down to ask the staff to prepare some of Rukia’s favorites, but they were already planning a big feast of some sort. Because we were short, I agreed to rehire the maid who broke the vase. Rukia can decide if she stays permanently,
Ukitake sent me note today. Something about unprofessional behavior. I can’t imagine what it is for, but I guess I’ll ask him tomorrow.
At least she’s coming home today. For some reason, it makes me so relieved, I may even kiss her.
Converting /tmp/phpHuXiUq to /dev/stdout