Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Angering a Dragon isn't Wise ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Angering a Dragon isn’t Wise
Author: Dolphin_26
Pairing: Ichigo x Toshiro, established
Summary: This is my take on what Toshiro would do to Don Kanonji after the Spiritualist messed with some of his family.
Disclaimer: I don’t make any claim of ownership to Bleach or its characters. They belong to Tite Kubo.

Yamamoto-sotaicho looked at the nine taichos in front of him with concealed pride. The nine of them put aside most of their differences to work together. His eyes landed on the smallest taicho standing before him. Hitsugaya was running his division and practically division five, along with helping division three. The prodigy never ceased to amaze him.
He had worried about the health and mental state of the prodigy for some time. If Hitsugaya had continued on working the way he was, he would’ve worked himself to death. Unohana actually approached him repeatedly about the prodigy’s health. However, just as he decided to force the small taicho on leave, Matsumoto-fukutaicho asked permission for her taicho to stay in the living world for awhile. She explained that she had reason to believe her taicho was in love with Kurosaki Ichigo and that the substitute soul reaper returned his feelings. Delighted with this news, Yamamoto readily agreed to the time off.
The substitute soul reaper was good for him.
Upon Hitsugaya’s return, Yamamoto was pleased to see a major difference in the younger male. Consequently, whenever Hitsugaya asked for time off Yamamoto had no problems with giving it to him. Besides it was about time the younger male started using all of the leave time he’d accumulated over the years. Even with the amount of time Hitsugaya had already taken he still had enough to take the next year off.
All of the taichos were fidgeting, each having plenty of work waiting on them to complete. The old man opened his mouth to begin the meeting when the door slammed open with a group of people spilling into the room. The group consisted of Matsumoto-fukutaicho, Kusajishi-fukutaicho, Kuchiki Rukia, Hinamori Momo, a girl the sotaicho had never seen, and Inoue Orihime. All six females were either crying or scowling, and all six stopped right in front of Hitsugaya.
Deciding that this would turn out far more interesting than the meeting he’d planned, Yamamoto didn’t say a word letting events play out.
Everyone stared wide eyed at the six women and the prodigy, who already had a fearsome scowl plastered on his face. When they just stared at him like he was supposed to know what was wrong he snapped, “What the hell is so important that you barge into a taichos’ meeting?”
This seemed to open the gates of hell. All six women spoke at the same time.
One of the prodigy’s eyebrows developed a violent twitch, “All of you shut up!!!” Silence descended on the room. “One at a time,” the prodigy growled as he pointed to his fukutaicho.
She looked at him indignantly, “That incompetent asshole, called me a fat cow!”
He tilted his head to the side, “Who called you that?”
Her hands landed on her hips, “Some guy called Kanonji. He’s some kind of celebrity ghost hunter.”
He nodded then pointed to Kusajishi whose face radiated fury. She walked up to him and held out a large pink stuffed cat, whose stuffing was falling out in clumps behind her. “He tore up my kitty then laughed!!” The poor cat looked like a rabid dog had gotten a hold of it.
With the exception of Byakuya, none of the other taichos knew why the little pink terror went to Hitsugaya instead of her father figure. Only Byakuya knew that his friend had used the stuffed animal as a bribe to keep her out of his office at least five days out of seven. She absolutely adored the prodigy because he had unusual hair and eyes, and because he was so short she felt more comfortable with him since he was closer to her size. If Kenpachi was her father, then she considered Hitsugaya her big brother. Byakuya had trouble stifling chuckles as his friend’s face turned darker. No doubt the prodigy realized he would have to find a new way to bribe the girl.
After a few seconds Hitsugaya pointed to Rukia. “What’d he do to you?”
Rukia seemed to be trying to control herself. She had become a good friend to Hitsugaya after causing some positive changes in Rangiku’s work habits. “He called me a boy, then took my Chappie purse and...an...” Here she broke down in tears unable to say what Kanonji had done to her beloved Chappie.
No one had thought it possible to see the white haired male so angry. Another few seconds passed before he pointed to his sister. Tears flowed down her face, “He called me a raccoon in a drug induced high!!”
One of his hands came up to massage his temples. The fact that the small yet strong hand was shaking from restrained anger impressed itself upon everyone. Some of the taichos began to feel sorry for the poor sap who dared to insult the prodigy’s sister. He wearily pointed to Orihime.
The redhead looked like she couldn’t decide to scream or cry. “He hurt Momo’s feelings, and then he threw Enraku into the garbage disposal.”
The other taichos looked at each other in confusion. Each silently asked: who’s Enraku?
Hitsugaya on the other hand knew exactly who the bear was and what the bear meant to her. He could feel his blood boiling. Finally he looked at the last person to speak. “First thing, does your brother or father know you’re here?”
The sandy haired girl shook her head, which prompted him to look at the others standing in front of him disapprovingly. His eyes moved back to the girl as he sighed. “What did he do to you, Yuzu?”
Yuzu sniffed as she frowned, “Don Kanonji burst into the house to grab Ichigo and ruined the cake I was making for you. When he found out Ichigo wasn’t there, he grabbed my arm and pulled me outside to help even out the numbers for his stupid superhero squad.” She paused long enough to show Hitsugaya her arm where a hand sized bruise had taken shape. “He then drug us around the city looking for evil spirits. All of a sudden he and Jinta started swinging at something. I couldn’t see what it was but I got knocked into some trashcans.” She paused again to show her other arm which was covered in scrapes and bruises. “He and Jinta ran off leaving me alone. Something kept pushing me but then Momo, Orihime, Rukia, and Rangiku showed up.”
By now the taichos had figured out that she was one of Ichigo’s sisters. However, what had their complete attention was the look on their fellow taicho’s face. All of them shivered. This was a look that was so cold that it could freeze all of hell three times over.
Hitsugaya felt rage build up within-even Hyorinmaru was enraged. In a soft voice that in no way showed any hint of the rage he felt, he said to Yuzu, “Come on, I’ll take you home so you can get your arm treated. Then I’m going to have a talk with this Don Kanonji.” With those words said, he bowed politely to Yamamoto before leading Yuzu out of the room. As soon as the door shut behind them, everyone noticed that the spot where he had been standing was a solid sheet of ice.


Ichigo was having a good day. He hadn’t seen a single hollow or his dad, for that matter; Toshiro was coming over to spend the weekend with him; and he had just finished a sparring session with Renji in which he’d kicked the fukutaicho’s ass. Today was definitely a good day.
“Ah, there he is. There stands my number one pupil!!”
Scratch that thought- today was no longer a good day. Ichigo scowled in the direction of Don Kanonji’s voice. He wondered how the hell the lunatic knew he was here and how he got down there. Urahara wasn’t all that fond of the spirit hunter, after the man nearly demolished his store. There was no way that ex-taicho let the man into the underground room. As the lunatic got closer to him and Renji, Ichigo could see Jinta walking behind the spirit hunter. So that explained how the lunatic got down there. The sound of stifled chuckles made the strawberry turn his head to scowl at Renji.
The strawberry wasn’t in the mood to deal with Kanonji.
Kanonji walked right up to the two of them speaking in his usual loud voice, “Ichigo, where have you been? I haven’t seen you in such a long time!”
The man was as smart as a brick, so Ichigo knew he would have to humor him until he could get rid of him. “I’ve been really busy with a part time job.” Technically it was the truth, just not all of it.
“I see,” said Kanonji disapprovingly, “well, while you’ve been working at some petty job I’ve had to deal with all the bad spirits on my own.”
Ichigo really tried to not throttle the man, besides he had his hands full trying to keep Hichigo from coming out to kill the man. The hollow had never liked the spirit hunter. He no longer heard Renji snickering. The redhead was probably insulted about the unintentional insult to soul reapers.
As if suddenly noticing that Ichigo wasn’t alone, Kanonji looked Renji over rather rudely before turning back to Ichigo, “I see you’ve found another pupil for me to teach to help exterminate bad spirits.”
Ichigo snickered at the redhead’s spluttering.
Renji finally found his voice, which was laced with anger, “Who the hell are you to call me a pupil?!”
Kanonji looked at the redhead in surprise, “How can you not know who I am. I’m Don Kanonji, the world’s greatest…”
Ichigo tuned the man out since it was the same speech every time. It was a well known fact that he had no talent for sensing reiatsu unless it was staring him in the face, the exception being Toshiro’s. Even before they started going out Ichigo had been almost hyper aware of the prodigy’s reiatsu. So when Ichigo sensed his lover’s reiatsu, he felt excitement that the prodigy was able to get away earlier than planned. But then Ichigo became puzzled because Toshiro’s reiatsu had never felt like this before. He had seen the ice wielder mildly irritated, seriously annoyed, and rarely truly angry; but never had he felt the cold reiatsu radiate blind rage. He looked at Renji who looked completely shocked. Looks like the redhead hadn’t ever felt Toshiro’s reiatsu act like this before either.
Only Kanonji remained oblivious to the ice wielder’s approach. That is until the ground turned to a solid sheet of ice and the moisture from their breath began freezing. Suddenly Toshiro stood right there in front of Ichigo and Renji, behind Kanonji.
Ichigo had never seen anything more terrifying or arousing. If it had been anybody else emitting reiatsu like that Ichigo would’ve probably assumed the fetal position or hidden in the nearest crevice in the rocks surrounding them. As it was, he had the odd sensation of feeling like a little rabbit facing a huge dragon that was hell bent on his destruction. A movement behind his lover caught his attention, making his jaw drop in shock. “Yuzu?” Why was Yuzu with Toshiro, who had just come from the Soul Society?
Toshiro’s voice was colder than the arctic winds as he asked, “Yuzu, is this the man you were telling me about?”
Ichigo had never seen his sister glare at anyone like she was glaring at Kanonji. “Yes, he’s the one.”
Toshiro’s eyes never left Kanonji, but his voice did warm up some as he talked to Yuzu, “Go upstairs with Urahara and stay there until I come up.”
“O.k.” Yuzu nodded her head, before turning and running to the ladder. As she turned, Ichigo noticed bruises on her arm that he’d never seen before.
Toshiro stood motionless until she was upstairs and the door to the underground room was shut. As soon as the he heard the click all warmth left him. “I hear your name is Don Kanonji, am I correct?”
Kanonji seemed startled, “Yes, but I…”
Toshiro didn’t let him finish, “I suggest you run.” Hyorinmaru was pulled from the sheath.
Kanonji seemed to realize how serious the situation was because he began running away from the angry Taicho. “Wait, I don’t know who you are; but can’t we talk about this?”
“No.” Ichigo could only watch as his lover dashed after the running lunatic. “You called my fukutaicho a fat cow!”
Ichigo and Renji moved closer to each other for protection as they watched the enraged Taicho chase Kanonji around the large room.
“You called my sister a raccoon high on drugs!”
Kanonji screamed as Hyorinmaru came close to cutting off his head.
Wow. This is scary but -damn- hime’s hot when he’s this angry.
Ichigo could only agree.
“Because of you, I have to find another way to keep that pink menace out of my office!”
This time the zanpakuto cut off part of Kanonji’s coat.
“You destroyed Kuchiki’s damn rabbit purse!”
“Well this isn’t good. I’ve never seen our tensai so angry before.” The calm voice of Kyoraku-taicho captured the attention of the two witnesses. Standing beside him was Ukitake-taicho whose eyes were wide.
“You destroyed Inoue’s bear!”
The brunette sighed, “I guess we better find a way to stop him before he goes bankai.”
Ukitake never took his eyes away from the scene in front of them, “And how do you propose we do that?”
“Not a clue.”
“You’re the reason they brought my lover’s sister to the Soul Society!”
“WHAT!!” Ichigo shouted, looking at the two taichos for confirmation. They nodded. The orange haired teen had been feeling a teeny bit sorry for the wacky man but no longer. Now he felt like beating the crap out of the guy. After all, he’d tried so hard to keep his sisters away from that part of his life as much as he could; though, he wasn’t completely successful. It was the only way he could really keep them safe yet if he just heard right, Kanonji had just blown that effort.
“You left her alone with a bunch of hollows!”
Suddenly everything got deathly quiet. Ichigo and Renji turned back around to see if Toshiro had killed the man or not. Amazingly Kanonji was still alive; however, he was in pretty bad shape. Toshiro stood over him in silence with an odd look on his face. He abruptly turned and walked towards the four spectators. The rage was still present in his reiatsu but his face was thoughtful.
Once he got within a few feet of the four males he stopped, “Do you think Unohana would mind healing him?”
All four males shared a stunned glance.
Ukitake answered, “No, but why?”
The look on Toshiro’s face was eerily calm, “I think Kanonji would make a perfect test subject for Kurotsuchi, don’t you?”
The four males shivered at those words. That was a fate no one deserved.


At Toshiro’s order, he and Renji hauled an unconscious Kanonji to Unohana to be healed. If Ichigo didn’t know better he would have sworn that Unohana snickered when she heard what was planned for the unconscious man. From Division Four, they took him directly to Kurotsuchi’s personal lab. The freaky taicho had been beyond thrilled to have a brand new test subject-he was even more thrilled to learn that his new test subject was alive. Supposedly he had several projects in the works that were unable to proceed until a suitable, living, test subject was acquired. Then Ichigo had to follow his lover to multiple toy stores until a decent bribe for Kusajishi was found.
Three hours later Ichigo lay on his bed with his kitten firmly pressed against his side. Toshiro finally calmed down when Ichigo pulled him onto the bed; now the prodigy was completely relaxed as he listened to the strawberry’s heartbeat.
Ichigo vowed to never, ever make his kitten that angry. He never ever wanted to be on the receiving end of that rage.
************
AN: I’ve always wanted to write a story about what would happen if Kanonji ever met Toshiro since the man always causes so many problems for Ichigo and his sisters. I guess you could say that this falls in line with Treat or Treat and Time to Meet You.