Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Because I Remember You... ❯ Prologue: Goodbye, Mother of my Children! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In every world, there are certain people who are considered special. Ones that have powers beyond the understanding of we poor humans. However, they are not so different from you and me. Only one thing sets them apart. A hero has to suffer. Heroes, whether we acknowledge them or not, are the people that keep this world alive through their pain. Their pain is the only thing that keeps us alive. Humans are horrid creatures like that...
She knew all of that. And yet, watching him sleep, she almost couldn't stand it. She placed an ethereal hand against his orange hair, and it was soft. She had already been to visit her two little daughters, the ones she hadn't had license to see since they were four. You see, Kurosaki Masaki had died some six or seven years ago. She had lost count (Having your soul contained in a hollow will do that to a person.). Yuzu and Karin, her beautiful girls...and her boy, Ichigo.
A small smile graced her attractive features as she viewed the boy she had died to protect. Being a spirit, her eyes were opened in a way that they could not have been when she was alive. She knew what he was, what his father was, what he'd become, and why. She knew that she was the cause of his pain, ironically enough. And yet, she loved him, and his father, and her girls so much that she couldn't even bear to watch them sometimes.
Masaki turned to leave, her long brown hair swaying behind her gently. She padded without a sound into the room she had shared with her husband for the seemingly short time that she had spent with him. It had been years, but it seemed so short.
The door opened before her with a creak, her taller husband standing silhouetted in the honeyed light of the doorway, spilling in to the hall and through her ethereal body. She smiled softly, almost shyly at him, and he smiled back. The awkward moment was over, but then, that was to be their last for a while. Isshin knew his duty, and so did Masaki. She touched his cheek as he softly pressed the end of his zanpakutou to her forhead. Before she disappeared completely, she spoke, her voice soft and familiar as a bell.
"Ichigo is in for hard times...He has to face them alone, love...Alone, and with his friends...You can't interfere..." she padded forward and kissed him on the cheek as she faded away.