Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Dark Fate ❯ Chapter 6 The New Fight ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Take a look at our new site!
www. projectchaosrising .com
 
 
Chapter 6 The New Fight
 
It finally had happened for Fayt; he had got what he wanted the whole time. What he had extracted from the Exia of Light was what he wanted the whole time. Jenova's true source of power and what made her feared to anyone who knew her. The problem was not that it had any trouble melding with Fayt, but because of how weak it was in fact.
 
The Negastream that originally infected Brett was partially destroyed by the healing powers Brett possessed. All that time it had been wasting away in Brett, no where near what it could have been. The only reason Fayt had found out was a feeling that he got from being partly connected to the other Exia; it was a resource he had only recently discovered, and one that was hardly useful.
 
Now though Fayt had only but a small taste of what he really wanted. The power increase was small, but it was adding new abilities that Fayt was dying to try out. The most important was one that allowed him to just barely sense other sources of the Negastream. It was a lot to take in, but Fayt was resting now back in the world he knew to be home to Byakuya; he had all the time he would ever need.
 
The power was changing Fayt only slightly, and it was seen as beneficial to Fayt. He was not fighting the intruder but letting it in, and the deteriorated version of the Negastream would not take him over. For now this was enough, and Fayt could always figure out the abilities he gained as he went. The question was what he was going to do with the slight new power boost.
 
One thing was still left unfinished was his fight with Byakuya, and it was something that Fayt was finding his mind crying for an end. The fight was left unfinished, but more Fayt wanted to prove to Byakuya that he was something to be feared. Not even the threat of death had made the strong man show any fear, and it was very frustrating. Fayt wanted to feared and respected, because in his mind he was always a god, but that point he started to think about other things.
 
More then to be feared Fayt found him self inexplicably wanting more power, but not in a controllable way. The overwhelming lust of more power seemed to be the fix to every problem he possessed. Every thought suddenly became all about increasing his power above and beyond his dreams, and the more time he rested the more impatient he was.
 
It was at that very point that Fayt shut thoughts of revenge and power from his mind when a glorious ability came to light. Suddenly through a mental network came the knowledge of what Jenova knew. Information on history, techniques, and simply information that she had spent thousands of years collecting was now readily available and in a simple way to get to access it.
 
It was too much to all take in, but somehow it could be accessed by what Fayt wanted to know. If he wanted to know the information about what the Negastream was then he accessed it. Suddenly Fayt could even see what Jenova was truly planning, but that held little consequence to him. It was the Negastream that was allowing him access through the Negastream; somehow it had an interconnected network and it was leaking everything Jenova had in her mind.
 
“So that is where the real Jenova is… all this time and we have been fearing a shadow that is trying to bring the real thing back, and in the end it may not even be worth it… everyone else would be interested in this information, but I think there may be other things I can use this ability for.”
 
Then Fayt started looking through virtual files on each of the Exia, and took in even the purpose of what they were designed for. Then he just stopped, too frustrated to continue when he read what was to be his purpose. His purpose was only to act as one of the eight needed to form the perfect weapon, and Jenova had not even believed in the project. The more information that Fayt illegally accessed let him know the true picture of what was happening and showing him the truth.
 
Fayt was beyond frustrated with what he had been intended for, and then looked for weaknesses of each of the Exia. Surprisingly there was nothing about any of the Exia behind their purpose and what would become of them. There was no reason why they had most of their powers, and it appeared they were mainly created only to grow and gain powers, but this in itself meant a lot.
 
It meant that Jenova had not imbedded them with abilities, minds, souls, or anything else beyond a purpose. This was too confusing for Fayt to continue thinking any longer, and decided to brush what he learned off for now. He could use it later if need be, but more importantly he was too bored to wait for things to settle any longer.
 
Finally Fayt got up off the ground and walked outside into the bright sunny and extremely hot day. The streets were like he remembered and the wind kicked up dust into the air, but still it was hot. Waves off heat created mirages off in the distance, but Fayt did not need water or anything beyond a challenge.
 
Wandering the streets again and the machine body clashed with the feudal era. Again the streets were deserted, the whole lower portion of the city seemed to be deserted. The hunt was still on, and Fayt found his new powers aiding his abilities to find out sources of power. In his mind he could sense multiple powerful beings everywhere around him, but none really were enough to draw his attention.
 
While he walked he scanned through hundreds of people near and far till something caught his attention. Something inside of him was different, and not in a way he had felt in a while. Finally Fayt let go and his armor all disappeared on nothing more then a feeling. Slowly more and more armor vanished back to nothing, and then Fayt looked down on a fully healed human hand.
 
“…No, this can't be real… unless.”
 
Fayt's body was back to the way it was, but there was no way he could have done this by himself. He always could feel that destroyed human shell he casted aside for the cold machine version. His hair was normal brown and his eyes as well were that same shade of brown, and there were no noticeable side effects of the Negastream to be seen in Fayt's appearance or soul.
 
Fayt had only briefly used the network to study the Negastream, but he also had seen Brett to. Brett had his appearance manipulated and same with his soul. It was strange to see that Fayt had no repercussions, and then it hit him hard enough to speak out loud to his discovery. “He did it; he changed the Negastream… he took away all the negatives and left all the benefits of it. I cannot believe it, but no wait…”
 
Inside Fayt could feel this power was still incomplete in many ways, but it was more. Thinking back Fayt had taken what he thought was the closest thing to the Negastream but there was more. He had sensed something that was opposite and so he had left it. “So he is the next step; something else is working here… Arniath, no something more set us free, and no inside that Exia something new is growing… Brett, I owe you for this; I have never thought of thanking anyone, but this time even I know the truth… I owe you one for what I got, and I will repay you by setting you free.”
 
For once Fayt actually did feel that he owed someone, and he had intentions of repaying him. He could not feel any anger, and it did not sit well how he had hurt his Exia brother. This new power was amazing, and one that Fayt could use to his own benefit, and then Fayt decided to step down a new path one that strayed away from his goals. “SO then; this is my true destiny; to change the world just like you Brett… we are the only two Exia that matter, and we will be the ones who matter in the end. But I will take the first step; I will not stop till I have the power to destroy you Jenova, and wipe her from history… forever.”
 
Reenergized by the new goal that would still followed fairly close to the original goals, but this time with a purpose. He decided to keep his human form since he had it back, and looking down his clothes were tattered, and more importantly unacceptable for him. He turned to look at the empty house nearby and entered looking for some new attire. A few minute's later Fayt emerged wearing a brand new soul reapers outfit, and he liked it.
 
It was for most purposes a robe and Fayt loved the simple black styling. The foot wear was uncomfortable being made of wood, but Fayt could get use to it, and now all he had to do was find a new opponent. He needed to gain more power, and defeat Jenova to become a god now.
 
Slowly he strolled through the street while a cool gust blew by and through Fayt's medium length hair. For once though he was not really in much of a hurry since his power was searching rapidly for the strongest opponent he could find. It had to be the best if Fayt was to get strong fast and take down those who disserved to be destroyed. He took one last step before he heard a loud voice cry out to the sky with frustration. “Damn it; you are still out there, and you cannot even see how strong I became!”
 
The cry was enough to attract the young Exia's attention to a young woman standing a top of roof looking so frustrated. She screamed the identity of a soul reaper to the world, and Fayt was curious to the anger. She had a much more elaborate outfit symbolizing someone who was important, and her hair was short for a woman's and black as night, then two long white braided strands were attached to the back. Fayt was very curious and with his powers searching; there was no point in hurrying along and Fayt liked this girl just from her passion and decided to pose a question. “So why are you so angry…?”
 
The girl turned and looked at Fayt, but had no clue who he was. She had no time to waste on some random guy, and the look she had more then showed how she felt about Fayt. However Fayt was just buying time, and somehow felt that this girl had an important destiny that was tied in with the Exia in some way and he was not ready to give up yet. “Hey I was just trying to be nice; you seemed pretty mad back there and I just wondered what could be so bad?”
 
“Now you are patronizing me, and this is serious to me!”
 
“I don't like wasting time, it does nothing for anyone and I have to become stronger so that I can fulfill my destiny…”
 
The girl looked curiously at Fayt and suddenly found herself wanting to know a little more about who this stranger was, but she wondered if he really wanted to know. “Why are you so interested?”
 
“I don't know; there is something about you that I can relate to. I'm looking for someone as well, so why don't you tell me your story while I wait for this person? Oh, and my name is Fayt…”
 
The woman was actually starting to relate to Fayt, and she even let her guard down to talk to him. “My name is Soi Fon, and I'm only here because my mentor chose to leave me behind when she left. I thought we were really close, and then she never even asked me to come with her; you have no idea how terrible to feels to be betrayed by someone you thought you were close to…”
 
“You're right that I don't know, and you should be angry because of it but the fact is anyone like that obviously does not care about you. If you never leave yourself open then you will never be hurt, that is the only way to live.”
 
Soi Fon perked her ears up to the bold statement, and she was listening to Fayt's every word. “I can sense your power, and you are pretty damn strong, and yet she did not even ask you to come. Unbelievable, I don't think I could forgive someone who would do that… I can tell you are destined for great things, so I can't figure why anyone who cared about you would do this.”
 
“Don't you dare think you can trick me with flattery; I'm better then that.”
 
“Actually I don't want to do that with you; because well it does not profit me. I don't think someone like you should have to be angry or should get treated like this. You seem a little like me, and that is why I won't bullshit you.”
 
“How could you know what I'm going through?”
 
Fayt laughed and started to walk past her with a smug look; “listen I have been betrayed by so many people that I know this all to well. I can sense people's fates, and I know you are destined for great things; so stay strong and you will become a legend that no one will forget.”
 
Soi Fon actually felt very connected to Fayt, but as she walked past she grabbed Fayt's arm. “You really think I'm destined for great things…?”
 
Fayt's instinct was to pull away, but he then caught a glimpse of her mentor and he would remember her in case he came across her. “You have a greater importance then most people I have came across, you really have no clue… Someone like you I want to meet again, and people like us disserve better.”
 
For some strange reason Soi Fon actually liked this guy a fair bit, and deep down she wanted to meet this soul reaper again. She would indeed remember his face for their next meeting, and when she caught a wiff of Fayt's aura she was nearly overwhelmed. “You are so much stronger then me, I hope we meet again Fayt.”
 
Fayt then suddenly caught the next opponent's positions that he was looking for. He passed by Soi Fon, but before he teleported he looked back at her with a bit of a smile. “I hope we do to, and trust me you are much stronger then your pathetic mentor. Stay alive; I like you…”
 
With that last boost of confidence given; Fayt disappeared leaving Soi Fon to experience the next gentle breeze by her self. She liked that guy, for some reason she believed him and identified him as an ally. She did want to see him again, but there was no doubt he was powerful, at least enough to keep the young lady impressed.
 
Fayt dropped down into a new dimension well hidden from the rest of the world, and looking around provided an amazingly dry view. It was all desert environment, but throughout the desert were hundreds of swords of different shapes and sizes. No two were alike, but Fayt's attention was drawn towards clashing swords, and there he saw his next opponent.
 
The orange haired teen was fighting some older man with a strange dark cloak, and there was more then one. There were many of the same older man, but then Fayt caught a glimpse of a woman with dark skin. “Soi Fon, I will make her pay for treating you the way she did. I actually like you, but perhaps all three of these enemies can give me a challenge.”
 
No longer needing the cloak; Fayt let his aura out fully across the dimension drawing everyone's attention. Fayt summoned a temporary sword composed of his aura, and started to walk over towards his next fight ready to take on the strongest thing he could find. He stopped a few meters away and just stared his new enemy and then pointed his sword to the woman. “You both are going to spare with me, and neither of you have a choice in the matter.”