Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven vs Hell ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
Ichigo sighed as he listened to his teacher drone on and on about whatever he was talking about. He didn't really care because this was one of the subjects he always aced- Biology. The teacher was giving a brief explanation of what they were going to do today and since he already understood the concept, he didn't bother listening, unless of course there were some important points to note.
 
“Today class, we are going to study what we call class insecta, or insects in common man terms. Each group is going to dissect the insect they are given and draw and label the different parts they see. Note of warning, try to not do anything stupid like letting the thing free, I don't care whether or not you're a big fan of insects. All that matters are your grades, and no you have no excuse from this class even though you have a phobia for insects.” He went out and came back in with a table with boxes on it and each box ha an insect. And he continued, “I have already sorted out which insect each person is going to look at, and there is no switching, so deal with it.” He sighed. “Well that's it then, any questions?”
 
When no one answered, he spoke, “Then if that's the case, I leave the rest to you. I'll be back in a few minutes. Good luck.”
 
When he left, a person from each group went and took their box. Volunteering, Ichigo brought the box that they were meant to look at. He heard an irritated sigh and turned to the person.
 
“I don't get why we have to study bugs. It's not like I'm actually gonna need this knowledge.”
 
Ichigo replied, “Well you might not need it but we do. And quit complaining, it's not like it's gonna bite.”
 
Rukia humphed. “Whatever.”
 
Orihime popped up, “Ichigo's right and besides I think it's fun to study bugs, oh and maybe some day the bugs would form a rebellion and take over the world and make us their slaves!”
 
Ichigo and Rukia sweat dropped. The last person in their group finally arrived.
 
“Greetings my beautiful ladies!”
 
Ichigo scowled at the new comer. “Where the hell were you Keigo?”
 
“I had some business to take care of.”
 
“You always skip this class, why the hell did you suddenly decide to come today?”
 
Keigo formed a majestic pose, “Hey I've changed. I decided to turn over a new leaf. After all...” He went in between Orihime and Rukia and reached out to touch their chests. “It's not everyday I get to join a group with sweet little Rukia and knock out beauty Orihime.” He was very close to his targets but he was hit in the head by both Ichigo and Rukia, where the first one glared at him and the other gave an innocent smile.
 
Orihime walked towards the box. “I wonder what bug we got.”
 
Rukia looked at the label. “Pyres rape? What kind of name is that?”
 
Ichigo looked at the label, “You pronounced it wrong. It's Pieris rapae, also known as small white.”
 
Orihime's face had excitement on it. “A butterfly? Wow! That's so cool!”
 
Ichigo scratched his hair, “A butterfly huh? Well it's a pity we're gonna havta kill it.”
 
Rivers of tears fell on Keigo's face. “Nooo!!! Such cruel fate befalls the little one?!” He grabbed the box and ran towards the window. “Be free little one! Be f-” And he dropped the box while falling unconscious with a huge bump on his head. A bucket landed right beside him. Ichigo sighed and picked up the box. He grumbled “What an idiot.” and walked back towards the girls.
 
Rukia spoke, “We'd better start and get tis over with.”
 
“Ichigo nodded. He placed the box on the table and slowly started removing the lid, until...
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”
 
He jumped and slammed the lid back down, turning to the source of the commotion.
 
“The tarantula is out!!!”
 
A student spoke, “What species is it?”
 
Poecilotheria fasciata!!!”
 
There was silence for minute and that change to panic. Students ran everywhere to find an exit. Ichigo and the others were suddenly separated from each other and tried to find the way out.
 
'Dammit! This is not what we need right now!!! And who the hell would think about bringing one of the most dangerous tarantulas to a high school!!!'
 
He suddenly found himself out of the classroom with the rest of his classmates.
 
Ichigo!”
 
He turned to the person who called him.
 
What just happened?”
 
A tarantula escaped from the box.”
 
A tarantula? What's that?”
 
He slapped his forehead. 'Oh yeah she doesn't know what a tarantula is.' “It's a spider, somewhat bigger than normal spiders we see and this specie is one of the most dangerous.”
 
Rukia replied, “I see... So what's gonna happen now?”
 
Well we're gonna have to wait for one of the teachers to get here. In the mean time, class is kept on hold.” He sighed and sat on the floor leaning against the wall.
 
Hey look at the tarantula!”
 
Yeah but where is it heading to?”
 
Is it coming here?”
 
No but it's climbing that table.”
 
And it's heading towards that box!”
 
I wonder whose box that is.”
 
Well it isn't mine.”
 
Or mine either.”
 
Rukia tapped Ichigo's shoulder. “Ichigo, isn't that our box?”
 
Ichigo stood up suddenly and saw the insect crawling towards the box in question... their box! Without wasting any time, he started pushing himself forward and other students kept talking, each sentence increasing his determination.
 
Hey don't spiders eat other insects?”
 
I think so.”
 
I wonder what bug is in that box.”
 
Poor thing I feel sorry for it.”
 
Guess it's gonna be the spider's dinner.”
 
He was finally in front of the crowd and ran into the class. He ran towards the table where the spider and the box were, and suddenly stopped. 'Wait a minute! Why am I risking my life to save a bug??? It's not like it's special... Well maybe it is, besides my grade's in danger!' With that thought he continued on his way and finally reached the table. The spider had climbed on the box and was trying to open it.
 
Behind him, he heard murmurs from the other classmates like, “Is he actually gonna save the bug?”, “Does he really care about his grade that much?”, “Maybe he's a bug fetish.”, “Let's just see what's gonna happen.” And after that, there was silence. Right now the spider had entered the box and Ichigo panicked. He checked inside the box and he saw the tarantula... But no butterfly?
 
He let out a sigh of relief that the butterfly was safe but... Where is it? Suddenly he felt a very familiar reiatsu.
 
Hey look at that butterfly!”
 
It's so pretty... But that doesn't look like a normal butterfly.”
 
Maybe it's a rare species.”
 
It's really awkward, it even has two tails.”
 
And the shine in it's wings are very glamorous.”
 
What do you think it is?”
 
Dunno”
 
Ichigo slowly turned to the back and saw the thing that even one was talking about. Outside the classroom, Rukia's face was in shock. 'That's no ordinary butterfly... That's a heaven butterfly! But how did it get into the school?'
 
Orihime tapped Rukia's shoulder. Rukia turned and saw her as well as Uryuu and Chad.
 
Orihime had a serious expression on her face. “Rukia, what is that thing?”
 
Uryuu spoke, “That's not a normal butterfly you see everyday.”
 
Chad asked, “It has strong reiatsu... Is it a hell butterfly?”
 
Rukia replied, “No. It's not a hell butterfly but the exact opposite, a heaven butterfly. I'll explain everything later.” She turned back to the butterfly. “But right now we need to catch it.” She turned towards Ichigo. “Ichigo!”
 
Ichigo looked at Rukia, “What?”
 
You need to get that butterfly. It could be dangerous.”
 
He nodded and turned to his target only to find it on his nose. His eyes crossed to get a better view and looked dumbfounded. 'What the?! Either way, this is my chance!'
 
Slowly, he brought his hands up and got ready to grab the wings. He was very close but at the last minute it escaped and he pinched his nose instead. It flew out of the class through the window and at the same time, Ichigo ran out through the door with Rukia and the others behind him. They finally got outside and saw the heaven butterfly flying round in circles.
 
What is it doing?” Ichigo asked.
 
Rukia replied, “It looks as if it's searching for something.”
 
Well whatever it is, we have to catch it before it disappears.”
 
Rukia brought out the pill, took it and popped out from her body while Ichigo used his shinigami badge and got out from his body. Rukia turned towards Chappy, “Chappy take Ichigo's body to a safe place and take care of it.”
 
Right.” And Chappy was off.
 
Hey aren't we going a bit too far with this?” Chad asked. “It's just a butterfly. It can't be that dangerous.”
 
Rukia replied, “That's no ordinary butterfly Chad. Even though it looks like a hell butterfly, this one's different.”
 
With a look of confusion on her face, Orihime asked,“Different how?”
 
Suddenly, they were all on their knees, struggling to stand up.
 
What the hell?!” Uryuu exclaimed.
 
I can't move!” said Orihime.
 
This is why I said this one's different! This spiritual pressure is so great that you can hardly breathe!”
 
Ichigo with a lot of effort stood up but was still shaking. “Well then, we're gonna havta catch that thing!” He jumped towards the butterfly and made a grab for it but it escaped. At the same time the pressure decreased and the others were able to move. Rukia took her turn in trying to capture it by using shunpo but it kept evading her.
 
Orihime yelled out, “Tsubaki!” And the fairy flew towards the butterfly trying to bring it down. Ishida brought out his Ginrei Koujaku and fired arrows at the butterfly while Chad used the El Directo to bring it down. Even with their powers combined, nothing worked.
 
Ichigo growled. “Dammit! Why can't the stupid thing stay in one place?!” He made more grabs but it's kept evading them. The more grabs he made, the closer he got to getting it. Finally, he got one of the wings, capturing it.
 
Way to go Ichigo!” Orihime cheered. He got down to the others who gathered around him. Suddenly, a blast flew in their direction and they were separated. Ichigo got up and glanced round the area for the cause of the blast but he found nothing.
 
The butterfly's gone! Damn and we were so close to finding out some answers!”
 
Rukia placed her hand on Ichigo's shoulder. “Don't worry about it Ichigo. I have a feeling that this isn't the last time we'll see that thing.”
 
I'm really worried about that thing.” Everyone looked at Uryuu. “For that thing to be the exact opposite of the hell butterfly, it sure is powerful. Also there's something weird about the spiritual energy.”
 
Orihime replied, “I noticed it too. It felt like my spiritual energy... but purer and more powerful.” She turned towards Rukia. “Rukia, do you have any idea of what that thing is?”
 
Rukia replied, “There is a chance that the butterfly is not like the hell butterfly but maybe it's because of the source. Could it be?”
 
Ichigo asked, “Could it be what?”
 
Rukia looked looked at Ichigo. “Well from what I've heard, there's a story behind the hell butterfly and the person that created it. Different versions of the story have been told but the real story hasn't been revealed. But I think the Soul Society might know something about it.”
 
As Ichigo was about to reply, the warning bell rang. The whole group sighed.
 
Ichigo spoke, “Jeez we might as well get back in before we get into trouble.”
 
Ichigo and Rukia entered their body and gigai respectively and they all ran into the building. On one of the branches of the tree where the group stood previously was a person, and on the finger was the heaven butterfly.
 
The person sighed. “Phew that was a close one. Better be more careful next time. If not for that attack, they would've found out. Either way, I guess it's almost time.” And the person disappeared with the heaven butterfly.
 
0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0
 
It was finally night time and Ichigo laid on his bed in a white muscle shirt and sweat pants. He sighed recalling the day's events. Rukia had mentioned something about the Soul Society knowing something about the heaven butterfly. If that were true, then why haven't they sent anyone to take care of the problem, unless of course it was too much for them to handle and decided to let him take care of it. 'The bastards' He then sighed and closed his eyes and he was till the next day. Right in front of his window, a cloaked figure stood floating in the sky watching him.
 
Sothat's Ichigo Kurosaki... Finally, I've found you...” And the figure disappeared.
 
0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0
 
The morning for the next day started as usual for Ichigo: being woken up by his father in the “usual”way, kicking his father's ass, being irritated by Kon and throwing him out the window, being insulted by Rukia and kicked in the guts, and fighting with his father during breakfast with Yuzu scolding them and Karin not giving a care and finally beating up her dad for spilling her cereal, and being a pain in the ass... Yup the usual.
 
He finally entered the class but suddenly froze as his worst nightmare became reality right in front of him...
 
Whew! Damn writer's block! >.< Please review! It's gonna be a while b4 I update again. <^*^>