Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Lifeless ❯ Mercy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mercy
Aizen likes his vice-captain, really he does.
She's so helpful and sweet, and her unquestioning obedience is so useful that he almost thinks he would like to take her with him.
It would probably be useful to have her there, and if he left her here, she'd die without him. But if she came, she'd be frightened, and having her clutch his arm and scream every time she saw a Menos would be annoying, and letting her be so frightened would be cruel.
It puzzles him, and he thinks over it while ordering the execution of Kuchiki Rukia. He's a kind man, after all, and letting Momo waste away would be not at all kind, especially after all her obedience.
He sees her chat with Kira, hears her correct herself mid-endearment to `Shirou-ch - Hitsugaya-taichou', and he decides how to kill her.
She can die in a way that can serve her life's purpose, can die avenging the `death' of her adored captain, can die fighting Aizen's `murderer'.
It can be either Kira or Hitsugaya-kun. Both boys are fond of her, they won't let her suffer, and what else can they do but fight back when Momo uses the full range of her not-unimpressive skills?
It would be the most merciful way for her to die.
He's terribly annoyed, later, when Kira doesn't manage to so much as put a scratch on her and Hitsugaya-kun just knocks her out.
But he's merciful, and lets her touch him before he drives his sword into her. She's been quite annoying, refusing to die, and she can think about that while she bleeds.
He sees Hitsugaya-kun stare at her bleeding body, hears his broken “Hina…mori?”, and Aizen thinks, `Oh, that's how it is'.
Aizen kills him in one strike, so he can die together with Momo.
He really is so very merciful.
-end-