Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Love Beyond Time ❯ Chapter One: First Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Beyond Time

Author's Note this idea sprouted after I read this quote online, "I wish I could have five lives. Then I could have been born in five different towns, and eaten five lifetimes worth of food, and had five different careers, and fallen in love with the same person five times." There will be FIVE stories in one in this fanfic. Four of them taking place in different eras in time. The fifth will be the canon timeline with a few minor changes (I hope). I wont give away what other time periods I'll use because I haven't decided any else. If you have any ideas please let me know in a Private Message. I decided to rate this fanfic T for violence and language although the Rating may change later on.
Disclaimer: Bleach rightfully belongs to Tite Kubo. I don't own anything nor am I making any profit from this. This is only a Fanfiction. Read and Review! Constructive criticism is very much appreciated.

_____________________________________________________________ _________________

If you were looking to read a story of a love that conquers all and happily ever afters, well you've come to the wrong--or perhaps right--place. This is a story of two star-crossed lovers whose love, innocent and genuine, has transcended both death and time.

Theirs is a love filled with tragedy, sorrow and loss. A love that has never been as it ends before it can even begin. So listen well to this tale of a love that goes beyond death and a curse that tears them apart in their every lifetime.

XxXxX

Feudal Japan

The sun was rising to its highest point as the rays stretch across the horizon. The skies were clear and blue as white fluffy clouds decorated them with their wispy shapes. The weather was hot in the countryside. A slight breeze drifts through granting everyone with a minor reprieve from the torrid heat.
Under the cover of a cherry blossom tree, a young man rests, drinking from a sack of water to replenish himself after a long and arduous training session. He poured the remains of the water on his head hoping that it would help him cool off from the blistering heat since shedding his haroi hadn't helped. Drops of water trickle down from his spiky orange hair down to his lean and muscular body imprinted with hundreds of scars, relics of the many battles he had fought--and won.
He had witnessed so much death and destruction in his short seventeen years of life that these events had hardened his heart and left him hollow and empty. He gazed over the landscape with his golden brown eyes, not really seeing the beauty of it all. He wasn't blind; He just had lost the ability to see and appreciate life in all of its splendor.
He had lost his childhood and his innocence almost five years ago, when his family had been brutally slain by rogue samurai loyal only to their own avarice. But he knew that someone else had to have been behind the massacre of most of his clan and family. He knew that it had been a powerful daimyo that had begun to fear that his clan would become too powerful and depose him of his authority. So in order to prevent that from happening, the daimyo had ordered their annihilation. He had not been in the village when his family had been killed. He had not been there to protect his mother and his unborn brother or sister. But even if he had been there, there wasn't much a young boy of thirteen could have done to save anyone. Still, knowing that wasn't enough to wash away the guilt and anger he felt.
His father, the leader of the clan had also been killed, leaving him as the new clan's head but then he had been too young and so he had left his uncle to take charge. Since then, he had trained to become stronger so he could protect the innocent and never again see someone lose a loved one as he had. He had sworn upon his families grave that he would never let someone close to him die when its in his power to protect them.
“Ichigo.” a voice called out to him from the valley below. The voice broke him away from his thoughts as he looked down to see who had called him. It was his best friend and sparring partner, Ulquiorra who had come looking for him.
“What do you want, Ulquiorra?” Ichigo replied with a grimace. He hated being interrupted when he trained. Unless Ulquiorra had come to spar, he really didn't want to talk.
“Aizen sent me to find you. He wants to see you right away.” Ulquiorra said with a detached tone as he came over to him. He was one of the very few people who knew how to deal with Ichigo and his volatile temper. That was probably one of the reasons they got along so well. Whereas Ulquiorra was composed and rarely showing emotion, Ichigo on the other hand was hot-headed and easily angered. “He said it was urgent.”
“Whatever Aizen has to say can wait. I am training right now.” Ichigo said as he picked up his sword from the ground. “I don't have time to deal with anything else. I have to become stronger.”
“I can understand that, Ichigo. That you train to become strong as to never suffer loss.” Ulquiorra said. “But for now you have to go see Aizen. What he has to say is of utmost importance. It concerns the daimyo who slaughtered our clan.”
Those words caused Ichigo to stop in his tracks. Anger and hatred burned within his heart. The other reason he had trained himself so much was because he wanted to take revenge against the man who was responsible for his family's deaths. He wanted to kill that man with his own to hands and he'd be damned if he didn't.
XxXxX
“I'm here, Aizen.” Ichigo said as he arrived in his uncle's quarters. His uncle looked up at him with a stern look on his face. Aizen's expression was unreadable and Ichigo felt uneasy for some reason he could not comprehend. “Ulquiorra told me you have news to tell me about that bastard who slaughtered most of our clan and my family. Did you find out who he is?”
“Yes, as a matter of fact I did.” Aizen said. “I've finally found out the identity of that man who ordered the massacre.”
Aizen paused looking up at his nephew who looked as if he was about to explode from rage. “I see you have been out training again by yourself, Ichigo.”
“Stop putting off the subject and tell me what I want to know!” Ichigo said clenching his teeth, attempting to keep his fury under control. But he was failing miserably.
“The daimyo who ordered the massacre was a man named Sora. He rules over the lands of the East. He took charge after his father's death, which coincidently was not long before the massacre. Don't you find it slightly strange that the former Daimyo died so suddenly? And then his son takes charge and the first thing he does is mass murdering a village. Of assassins surely, but he killed innocents as well such as your mother.”
“Are you saying that he killed his father?” Ichigo asked in disbelief. “Its one thing killing strangers but killing his own father?”
“I don't know if he killed his father or not but I do know that its rather disturbing and too convenient for it to be a coincidence.” Aizen replied looking rather lively for one who just received word on the identity of his clan's assassin or rather the mastermind behind it.
“That bastard. I swear that I will kill him.” Ichigo growled as his anger permeated the air around them. “I will avenge our fallen comrades. Our families and loved ones who were killed because of him. Sora will regret what he did.”
“I'm sure that you will avenge our clan. Your father would be proud to see the man that you've become. Make him proud.” Aizen said.
Ichigo nodded. His father had been killed trying to protect everyone. His father died a hero and Ichigo would do everything in his power to uphold his honor. Finally, Ichigo would carry out his promise and avenge everything that he had held near and dear to him.
“Before you go. I would like to tell you one more thing. Something quite interesting.” Aizen said in a sly tone. “It would seem that Sora has something that he holds dear, or rather someone. His younger sister, Orihime. She is the primary motive behind Sora's actions. If you were to kill her...
“What are you insinuating, Aizen? Are you suggesting that I kill an innocent girl?” Ichigo spat.
“No, I am not. I am merely pointing out your options. Sora holds her up in a pedestal and he loves her above all else. Imagine the devastating blow you could cause him by killing her. Giving him a taste of his own medicine.” Aizen said as a small smile grazed his mouth. “Imagine the pain he will feel losing a loved one. The very same pain you endured with the death of your family. He will be devastated by grief knowing that his precious sister died because of his actions. An eye for an eye.”
“I don't know what I am going to do. But I can assure you that Sora will pay!” Ichigo said dangerously as he stormed out the door.
OoOoO
The weather was quite beautiful if only slightly humid. It was late in the afternoon and the heat was starting to lessen as the hours passed. It was just as well because twilight was not far off. Despite the humidity, the day was rather nice.
In the garden of the Daimyo's mansion, a young woman with long burnt orange locks sat near a small pond, not caring that her green flower printed kimono got slightly dirty. The pond was filled with exotic koi fish, gently dipping her fingers in the water as each koi passed them. Rather than swimming away, the koi seemed to be drawn to her as if they sensed her kindness. She smiled slightly as she watched the koi swim in the pond.
Her gray violet eyes were staring absentmindedly as her mind wandered as it typically did. She had come here to be alone after she had an argument with her brother. She felt bad about it now and now that she thought about it, she knew that she had hurt her brother's feelings. Guilt coursed through her as she recalled everything she'd said.
She hated causing pain to another person and being the kindhearted woman that she was, it bothered her to no end. She knew she had to apologize to her brother, Sora, because she had been out of line. After all, her brother has always so kind and gentle towards her. He had taken care of her since she was young after their mother died and their father had been too busy to take care of her himself. Sora was the one who had looked after her, always making sure that she was happy at his own expense. Even after the death of their father, he still continued to look out for her despite his new responsibilities as the daimyo. She knew should be grateful with everything she has but something inside of her wouldn't let her. Her heart yearned for something that she wasn't quite sure what it was.
“Orihime, are you alright?” a feminine voice asked behind her. It was her aunt Rangiku who had come looking for her after her argument with Sora. She knew that there was something that was troubling her young niece. She sensed that it was something important but she knew better than to pry if Orihime didn't want to talk about it. It hurt her to see her niece so unhappy and not her usual bubbly self.
“I'm fine, Aunt Rangiku.” Orihime replied barely above a whisper which told Rangiku that she was totally not fine.
“Are you sure, Hime? Are you sure that you are really okay? You know that you could trust me with whatever it is that is worrying you.” Rangiku reassured as she sat down beside her niece.
“I was just thinking about what I said to Sora. I was mean and cruel to my brother when all he has ever done was take care of me.” Orihime said as tears burned in her eyes. “I told him...I told him that I hated him and now I...I feel so horrible. I didn't mean it. Sora is probably going to hate me now.”
“Oh dear child,” Rangiku said as she pulled her niece into a hug comforting the young woman as she broke into sobs. “I know you didn't mean it. I know that and Sora knows that as well. He could never hate you, Orihime. You are his little sister and he loves you above all else. He won't hate you for that.”
“But why? I said some very horrible things to him. “He should hate me. I am nothing but a burden to him. He'd be better off if I was gone. He wouldn't have to deal with me anymore. He could live happily.” Orihime choked between sobs.
“No. Don't say that. You know that Sora would be heartbroken without you. You are special to him and to me as well, my little Hime.” Rangiku said. “Now dry up those tears. I don't like seeing those pretty little eyes sad.”
Orihime smiled slightly as she wiped away her tears. “Thank you, Aunt Rangiku. Thank you for always being here for me.”
“You don't have anything to thank me for. I will always be here for you. You're like a daughter to me and I love you.” Rangiku said as she kissed her niece on lightly on the forehead. “Now, tell me...Why were you arguing with your brother?”
“Oh, its just that I wanted to go out. I have hardly ever gone out of the mansion. I just wanted to go to town for a little while but Sora refused. He said its dangerous for me to go outside but I told him I wouldn't go alone. Rukia and Tatsuki were going to come along with me and maybe some of the guards could have accompanied us.” Orihime said frowning slightly. “And we would have worn disguises so no one could recognize us.”
“Well it is dangerous out there but I really don't see a problem in going out for a while. I'll talk to your brother and see if I can get him to agree to let you go for a little while.” Rangiku said with a mischievous tone. Orihime smiled.
“You would do that for me! Oh thank you, Auntie, thank you so much.” Orihime squealed with joy.
“Of course I would. You are my favorite niece after all.” Rangiku told her with a laugh. “Just promise me that if you do go out there, you'll be careful and stay with the guards. Do not wander off on your own.”
“Yes, I promise.” Orihime said hugging her aunt. Then she paused for a moment as her aunt's words sunk in. “But I am your only niece, Aunt Rangiku.”
“I know that you are. Now come let's go see your brother.” Rangiku said as she and Orihime sat up.
“Alright but first I have to say goodbye to Ayame, Baigon, Hinagiku, Lily, Shu'no and Tsubaki.” Orihime said in a excited tone. Her aunt looked at her in confusion.
“Orihime, who on earth are they? Are they friends of yours. Were they here with you?” Rangiku asked.
“They're right here.” Orihime said pointing to the koi in the pond. Rangiku looked at her for a moment and then giggled slightly. It was just like Orihime to have named the fish.
“Alright say goodbye to them and we'll go talk to Sora.”
Orihime nodded as she said goodbye to each of the koi calling each by name. afterwards the two women walked back towards the mansion unaware that someone had been watching them. Their eyes focused on the young Orihime.
Author's Note: So there it is the first chapter of the story .I hope you enjoyed it. I am working on the next chapter and I'll update as quickly as possible. I am writing several stories alongside this one so I can't promise a quick update. I kept the names of the characters for a couple of reasons. One because I was lazy to change them. Two because it would be confusing if I did. Three because I thought that it was for the best. I have another reason but I cant say that just yet. You'll have to keep reading to find out. I'm trying to use the canon characters as much as possible. Their lives are all intertwined even before the canon events. There are definitely many secrets and plenty of surprises that will be uncovered as the story goes by. If you have questions PM me or review and I will try to answer without giving too much of the plot away.