Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Need Him ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Need Him

Author: Dolphin_26

Pairings: Grimmjow x Orihime, mention of Ichigo x Toshiro

Disclaimer: I don’t make any claim to own Bleach or its characters. They belong to Tite Kubo.

Summary: Orihime makes a request of Ichigo, which results in him returning to Hueco Mundo briefly.

&&&&&&&&&&&
Really, Orihime had no clue why she kept ending up in these situations. In the background she could hear Toshiro chuckling, something that she'd never thought possible. If the situation wasn't so serious she'd probably be laughing to. Seriously, who knew Ichigo's face could look like that?

He blinked at her in dumbfounded shock, "You want me to do what? What's so funny?" This last question was directed to his boyfriend, who by now was clutching his sides.

"Either take me back to Hueco Mundo, or go get Grimmjow and bring him here." Orihime repeated calmly for the third time.

"That's what I thought you said." Ichigo looked at her like she was crazy. How was he to know that she’d fallen for the sexta espada? Toshiro, on the other hand, knew all about her feelings for the espada, which explained his chuckling fit. Apparently Ichigo realized that he’d been kept out of the loop because he looked from her to his boyfriend suspiciously.

Toshiro’s chuckles finally died out. His boyfriend would need an explanation before he would even consider the redhead’s request. “Orihime, can he give you his answer tomorrow morning?”

She nodded knowing that Toshiro wanted to talk to Ichigo about her seemingly odd request. She and the taicho had an odd friendship. After being brought back to the living world it had been hard for her to adjust back to her old life, especially without her panther. Tatsuki nearly smothered her to death in a matter of hours. Orihime was glad to know that she meant so much too so many people; however, she needed space that no one would give her.

Toshiro and his team were granted permission to return to the living world to continue as a first line of defense. The first two nights they were back the prodigy spent the time with Ichigo; but after checking up on Rangiku, who was once again staying with Orihime, he tossed his fukutaicho out the door with orders to spend the night at Urahara’s shop.

By the time Toshiro had arrived at her apartment, Orihime was on the verge of screaming from frustration. Rangiku was almost as bad as Tatsuki. They both insisted on treating her as if she’d gone through some traumatic experience that left her crippled. Granted the time spent in Hueco Mundo was terrifying, but her panther was there.

As soon as Rangiku was gone silence descended on the apartment only broken when Toshiro made tea. He was the only one who didn’t ask her if she was all right, since of course she wasn’t. He didn’t ask her about Las Noches or the espada and arrancar. The only thing he wanted to know was who she was thinking about. His insight into her biggest problem made her cry as she told him everything. All she had wanted was someone to talk to who wouldn’t treat her like a victim. In the end, Toshiro was the best person for her to talk to. She learned that the prodigy loved not only Ichigo but his hollow, Hichigo, as well.



For the second time in less than a week, Ichigo found himself walking on the white sands of Hueco Mundo. He hadn’t ever wanted to come back, but once Toshiro explained the reasons for Orihime’s request he couldn’t refuse. Thankfully, he’d spent enough time fighting Grimmjow that he could recognize the espada’s reiatsu easily. The visored didn’t head towards Las Noches; instead he only came close enough that Grimmjow would sense him. An hour and a half passed before he sensed the sexta espada coming towards him.

It was another twenty minutes before the blue haired male appeared before him looking quite puzzled. “Why are you here?”

Ichigo crossed his arms, “I’m here because Orihime misses you and needs you. She actually wanted me to bring her back here if I couldn’t bring you back with me.”

The blue haired male scowled, “That little fool, what the hell’s she thinking? If she comes back here there is no way she will survive what Aizen and the others will do to her. Aizen would make sure that I wouldn’t be able to get to her.”

“Looks like you’re coming with me then,” stated Ichigo. The idea of Orihime choosing Grimmjow as a partner was bizarre to say the least, but it was her life and if the espada was the one she wanted then so be it. As long as the espada never hurt Orihime then Ichigo would accept her choice.

The blue haired male sighed, “Looks like it. Let’s get this over with before anyone else figures out you’re here.”

That was fine by Ichigo. The sooner they got out of Hueco Mundo the happier he would be. Neither he nor Hichigo were happy about leaving Toshiro so soon.



It was now late at night and Orihime sat on her bed fidgeting. Early that morning Ichigo called to tell her that he would be heading to Hueco Mundo to get Grimmjow. He also told her that she shouldn’t have worried about telling him why she needed the espada. Relief filled her at her friend’s acceptance of her partner and that she would be seeing her panther soon.

The rest of the day passed slowly for her. Somehow Toshiro managed to convince Rangiku to stay at Urahara’s shop so the strawberry-blonde wouldn’t aggravate her anymore. How he did it, Orihime had no clue but was grateful. He also patiently put up with her restless fidgeting helping her to keep somewhat calm throughout the day. He didn’t get irritated with her constant talking about every subject that passed through her mind, though most of it concerned her panther.

Eventually she had to stop bothering him because she knew that he was worried about Ichigo. The first trip to Hueco Mundo was extremely dangerous. This second trip was doubly so.

It was nearing midnight and Orihime’s nerves were shot. She was desperately trying to not sink into depression. There were just so many what ifs going through her mind. So many things could’ve happened and she would never forgive herself if something happened to Ichigo.

She collapsed back against her pillows trying to believe that everything would be all right. Her thoughts raced around and around with no way to stop them. Tears welled up in her eyes, which she refused to let fall.

Every minute that passed caused her heart to become heavier.

Suddenly she felt a very familiar reiatsu coming from outside her apartment. Her heart actually stopped beating for a few seconds. Bolting off the bed, she ran to the door jerking it open to see her panther about to knock. Her heart beat so hard it was painful and breathing became difficult as the tears fell.

He was there. Grimmjow was really standing in front of her. Later she would laugh whenever she remembered the look of shock on his face.

His look of shock quickly turned to a typical frown, “Why the hell are you crying?”

She couldn’t answer. Her voice wouldn’t work. Instead she jumped on him, throwing her arms around his neck. The sudden move startled the blue haired male and he nearly lost his balance from the sudden addition of her weight. The look on his face softened as he wrapped his arms around her trembling body holding on to her tightly.

“You’re here, you’re really here.” Orihime said over and over unable to process anything else.

He simply held her tightly. They had only been separated for less than a week yet it felt like forever. Her scent filled his nose and the feel of her in his arms told him that this was real. “I’m here,” he mumbled. Aizen would never forgive him for his betrayal. As soon as the self-proclaimed king of the hollows realized that Grimmjow was gone, he would send his hounds to retrieve him. Yet at that moment, the blue haired panther could have cared less. His mate was in his arms where she belonged.

Eventually he would have to swallow his pride and tell the orange haired strawberry thank you but that could wait.

He had a mate to reassure.



AN: The urge to write an Orihime x Grimmjow piece came out of nowhere. Literally out of nowhere, I had never once thought of putting them together before last night.