Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Pain ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pain
By: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for grins and giggles.
 
A/N: Written for the Week# 65 prompt at bleach_contest: wonder. Rukia marvels at Ichigo's pain threshold.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
“I'm fine,” he said through gritted teeth, fingers convulsively clutching Zangetsu's hilt. “It's just a few scratches.”
 
Rukia regarded Ichigo carefully through narrowed eyes. There were no pools of blood at his feet, and he seemed to be able to stand on his own, so it was possible that he was telling the truth. Possible, but not very likely. “Are you sure?”
 
“Yeah, I'm sure.”
 
Nodding, she poked him experimentally in the chest, only to stare in wonder as her former student collapsed into a writhing, whining fetal ball of Soul Reaper. Opening the front of his shihakusho, Rukia took in the mass of already-purpling bruises adding to the mottled colors of his torso. She took a deep breath.
 
“You stupid idiot! How many times,” she ranted, punctuating each word with a blow to his head, “do I have to tell you not to downplay your injuries?”
 
“Sorry,” he muttered between punches. “Won't do it again.”
 
Calm again, Rukia offered him a sweet smile for his promise. “Good. Now, let's treat your wounds. Those broken ribs look painful. And all those bumps on your head. You really have to be more careful, Ichigo….”