Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Radiohead Idioteque Ishida Drabbles ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Radiohead Idioteque Ishida Drabbles

by debbiechan

 

 

Disclaimer: Kubo Tite owns Bleach, Radiohead owns the music and lyrics to "Idioteque," and my heart belongs to Ishida Uryuu.

Description: Of all the "character songs" that Kubo Tite designated for his Bleach people, "Idioteque" by Radiohead is my least favorite. It is dissonant, whiney, and creepy, but it does seem to fit Ishida. I took some lines from the lyrics and tried to sculpt Ishida drabbles around them. I went ultra-formal this time: the drabbles are all 100 words each.

Warnings: SPOILERS for all of Bleach up to post SS arc manga chapter 193, when Yami and Ulquiorra appear.

Dedicated to Hidden Gems because I want something from her. ^_^ More Uryuu art!

 

 

  Women and children first… (100 words)

He must have been very young when he first heard mention of Shinigami. Father had been correcting his pronunciation of "flower." Uryuu had been saying "fouler."

"Let it be, Ryuuken," Grandfather had said. "He will learn it on his own. One must wait and be patient with children."

Father had looked so angry. "Did the Shinigami wait? Were the Shinigami patient? No, they slaughtered woman and children first because they were the slowest. Women who did not know the Quincy arts and children who had not yet learned them."

Later, Grandfather would explain why the Shinigami killed all the Quincy.

 

 

  I have seen too much, I haven’t seen enough…(100 words)

Sensei,

I went to Soul Society. I fought Shinigami, and I saved Shinigami. I fought for a woman’s honor and to protect the innocent. I tried to follow your teachings, but in the end, Evil escaped, and I lost all my Quincy powers.

I was the last Quincy in the world, and I was defeated.

What have I done wrong, Sensei?

Why must I fail, over and over, at honoring your memory?

If you were alive, you could answer at least this: how am I supposed to learn all on my own?

All I have left is my Quincy pride.

 

 

  Ice Age coming, Ice Age coming…(100 words)

 

Ishida’s powers were gone, but his hearing was still pretty sharp. Of course, even when Keigo was whispering, it was a loud obnoxious whispering:

"What’s this with Ichigo’s new crowd? He goes to the bathroom with them! He never has time for his beloved Keigo anymore!"

Ishida put his book down and his pencil behind his ear.

"Check this out: Ishida is walking over to them! Ooooh, the Ice Man Cometh! You’re supposed to run, Inoue! Do you really want to eat lunch with the most depressing guy in the world!"

As he walked past Keigo, Ishida managed a half-smile.

 

 

  Let me hear both sides… (100 words)

To disassociate with Shinigami would mean turning his back on Kurosaki. Kurosaki, who had saved them all in Soul Society.

To disassociate with Shinigami might mean no longer being close to Inoue. Where Kurosaki goes, Inoue goes. Simple formula.

To disassociate with Shinigami was turning his back on Grandfather’s idea that Quincy and Shinigami should work together.

But if Ishida got his powers back, he could again protect the innocent.

He could protect Inoue-san.

But there’s more: the matter of Quincy pride.

There would be two Quincy in the world: Uryuu and Ryuuken Ishida.

What could one Quincy teach another?

 

 

  We’re not scaremongering, this is really happening…. (100 words)

How could he not feel it when Inoue was struck? Ishida’s heart leapt to his throat. For a moment the world trembled on a precipice, and then he knew: not a deliberate attack—it was an accident, a casual push or backhand swipe from the monster, she is still alive, Inoue is still…

After the fear, there was only rage. The whole area stank of Shinigami. The reiatsu that had torn the skies in Soul Society was flaring. Ishida felt murder in the pit of his soul:

Damn you Kurosaki. You did not protect her. You did not protect her!