Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Perfect Couple ❯ The Perfect Couple ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Bleach.
 
 
The Perfect Couple
By: Hime


He was young--Brash and impatient, full of anger and attitude.  But most of all he was a boy and, for all his intelligence, he was stupid.

She was old--Confident and strong, full of mystery and misgivings.  But most of all she was a girl and, for all her age and learned wisdom, she was stupid as well.

Whatever it was that lay between them, they never called it love.  Even after they had come back together, even after that first moment when they came together in a mad rush of heat and pleasure, they never called it love.  It was because of companionship, attraction, lust, adrenaline, or everything or nothing named.  It could be whatever they choose to call it, but never that word.  For both had loved before, a form of it at least, with all their hearts and both had lost it by their own hands.  And they had shattered and then glued themselves back together as best as they could and continued on, mended, but not healed.  So they never called it love, because they had promised themselves that they would never love again, to save themselves the pain of losing it once more.

And they never did, though the years past with them laughing and arguing together, with kisses of heat and sweetness passed from each others lips, with silence and joy, the years flew by with them just holding hands.  And she stayed by his side and his eyes never stopped searching for her form.  But never did they say that word to each other.

And those that knew them would shake their heads, cluck their tongues, and roll their eyes. Those two were the perfect couple--A couple of idiots.
 
 
Author's Notes: I keep writing these little drabbles and one-shots when I really should be writing a new chapter of either Children of the Night or Come What May... forgive me, forgive me for being weak.
Hime
4/19/05