Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Summer We Were Eighteen ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own "Bleach." All characters are OCC.

I hadn't seen Ichigo since we were in the seventh grade or my friend Orihime. Well, I hadn't really spoken to Ichigo. I've seen him in hallways between classes and during lunch. With Orihime, we were in girl scouts together. She was such a goofball...I wonder if she was still like that.

I remember Ichigo being quiet and keeping to himself. I never really noticed him. He wore glasses and had a low voice. Orihime had bushy hair and braces. She was a very smart girl.

Then we somehow got back into contact our senior year through MySpace. I was so excited. I hadn't spoken to them in years! I started to remember a sleepover I had with Orihime. She came over on a Sunday to watch a NASCAR race and then slept over. During the night, we would tell each other "scary stories." Those were good times.

Then summer came along after my graduation. I usually go back to my home state to visit family and friends. I stay at my aunt Matsumoto's house for the three weeks I am there. But, this time, my sister, Tatsuki. I stayed with her for six weeks since she got me a job where she works. And every night after work, I would talk to Ichigo. That's when I realized I was falling for him. He was funny and sweet. He always tried to cheer me up when I was sad. Every time he made me laugh, Tatsuki knew I was talking to him.

He told me one day that he had a haircut. He tried to tell me how short he gotten it, but I was so confused. So he went to take a picture of it and sent it to me...just for me...

The last week I was there, Tatsuki made a great idea of having Ichigo picking me up halfway. I immediately went online to ask him and he said it was fine.

Two days later, Tatsuki and and I were on our way meeting him. I had butterflies in my stomach and it felt like time was going by too slow for me. I wanted to see him! I HAD to see him! I wanted to see how tall he had gotten and how much his voice has changed.

When we arrived, Tatsuki had to go to the bathroom. So she walked all the way to a gas station nearby. So I waited for Ichigo to arrive. When he did...I was floored.

He grew to six feet and he just looked...handsome. He didn't wear glasses anymore and his eyes...his eyes were a beautiful shade of grey. He had a farmer's tan since he helps his dad and uncle cut grass for people's lawns. Ichigo's smile was dazzling too.

I smiled. I went to him and hugged him. The scent that was coming from him was mesmerizing. I wanted to hold him forever. I also wanted to kiss him. But I couldn't and didn't.

"How was the drive up?" I asked him.

"Not too bad," he replied.

So we stood there for a little while until my sister decided to show up. I introduced the both of them and Tatsuki askd him where he was parked. She and I grabbed my things which consisted of two suitcases, a laptop, and my bookbag...hey...I was gone for two months!

While we were following him, Tatsuki gave me a smile and wiggled her eyebrows. Apparently she approved.

I packed my things into his white car. My sister and I said our good-byes and then we drove off. We were going to meet our friend Orihime at a park called Cherryville Falls. I wanted to go there since I haven't been there for five years.

The weather, as Ichigo predicted, was shitty. It was pouring buckets and buckets of rain...literally. But we still went there. And stupid Ichigo decided to wait for Orihime, since she wasn't there yet, in the rain. I don't mind the rain, seriously, but I just had my hair straightened and it looked awesome.

I took a picture of him in the rain with my digital camea. He was smiling and those dimples of his was...cute. I love his dimples.

Anyways, Orihime came in her green car and I took a picture of her still in it. She have me a big smile and her braces were gone! Her hair was perfectly straightened, like mine. We gave each other bear hugs. She hadn't grown much. She was about five feet tall.

Ichigo went back to his car to grab his bookbag. Then we started hiking off. We crossed a bridge and went onto a trail. Orihime and I just followed him cause he knew where he was going...well...we did. And let me tell you something...don't wear flip-flops when it's wet cause you'll trip and fall a lot, which is exactly what I did. I thought I would twist my ankle and fall flat on my face. I actually did the latter.

Ichigo decided to go up a hill which was OFF the trail and I kept falling on my face and slipping. I was laughing though. I do have a sense of humor. Orihime started to call Ichigo "Grizzly Adams." So we went back down the hill and by then I took off my flip-flops and I put them back on once we got back on the trail.

We finally decided to hang out on a bridge with a roof. I squeezed out my shirt and a puddle of water formed once I was finished. Ichigo unzipped his bookbag and lo and behold. He had Smirnoff and I told him I only like Smirnoff...he's so sweet! And I opened all the bottles since no one could do it (I probably hurt his man-pride). Orihime started to call me "Muscles." We had a fun time. We just sat back and talked about random things.

Then thunder and lightning started to take over the sky and atmosphere. Ichigo was in the woods, trying to relieve himself. Loud thunder clapped and Orihime and I turned our heads. Ichigo was pulling up his zipper.

He looked bashful when he said, "I got scared."

Orihime and I started to laugh our asses off. He turned around to tuck in wifebeater. I tried to not peer to see him do it, but I couldn't help it. He looked like a model when he does the little things like that.

Then Orihime and I started to throw wet bark at him. We were actually trying to get it down his shirt. I was getting mad cause it wasn't getting down the shirt so I just ripped the wet bark and put it down his shirt. Ichigo couldnt't shake it all off, so he took his black button-down shirt and his wifebeater off.

Holy...shit...

He was FUCKING ripped! I nearly passed out. Orihime and I just sat there, looking at him. Just seeing how the small muscles of his four-pack move with him. I nearly died. But I quickly took a picture of him so I could stare at it when I was back home. I'm bad...I know.

Then Orihime stole his wifebeater and Ichigo started to chase her to get it back. Then she threw it to me and I was trying to run on wet grass with my flip-flops. Yeah, I almost fell so I jogged. I threw it back to Orihime and she threw it back to me. I ran up a hill and Ichigo gave me an evil glare from the bottom of the hill. I replied with a kiss and he gave a low chuckle. He ran up the hill and I ran from him. He grabbed me from behind and my breath nearly caught in my throat.

I started to laugh and I fell and he came down with me. He went back on his feet and was over me.

"I'm going to bite you!" I warned him.

"No you won't," he replied.

So I bite his arm and he said, "Ow!"

He did get the wifebeater and I took it from him again. He let me keep it (when I was at my aunt's house, I smelled it and it smelled good. It reminded me so much of him).

We spent four hours and we went to Orihime's house. I went with Ichigo since he had my stuff and plus I get to spend some more time with him. Going down the road and seeing all the different changes that happened since the last time I visited. I asked Ichigo when they started to build the buildings and such.

He turned into the driveway and Orihime's house was huge! She told me earlier that they moved shortly after I moved with my mom and dad. We brought all my stuff up two flights of stairs and into a spare "bedroom." It was really a couch with a TV and their computer. I changed into dry clothes.

We basically hung out and went to get pizza. I made them drinks which consisted of club soda, vodka, and fresh lemon. But the soda was flat, so it didn't taste as good. We played old-school Nintendo and just talked. Ichigo stayed over, even though he would get into trouble, but he didn't care. We all slept together. He and Orihime were next to each other and I was across from them. When his and my arm touched, I felt like I was in heaven.

In the morning...I was sick. I felt like thowing up but couldn't. I didn't want to go home early, but I had to. So I called my aunt and she said she would pick me up in an hour. Every other five minutes I had to go to the bathroom. When Orihime's parents made food, I got nauseous, so I stayed in the spare room.

My aunt arrived and I said good-bye to them. I was sad, yeah. I may or may not see them again, but we always had the Internet.

Although, two nights later, I was talking to Ichigo on-line. I told him I forgot to gie him something. We decided that he would come early in the morning so I could give it to him.

Next morning, he came over. We originally were going to a park that was nearby, but my aunt didn't flow with the idea. Then she left to go to a funeral because her old boss died. I went for a walk and all of a sudden threw up five times. I felt so much better, but I still felt weak from that day.

He arrived and I told him what my aunt said. He came into the house and my aunt's friend gave us alone time on the porch. I gave him my choker that had my name on it. He didn't know what it was, so I had to show him how it was. Then he put it in his pocket. We sat and talked. I told him I loved his dimples. He blushed and told me that from me that he didn't like them, but coming from me...then he might reconsider. I smiled.

An hour passed and he had to go since I had to get ready to go to my grandmother's house. I walked him to his car and before he left, I hugged him and kissed his cheek. I walked off and looked back and he was blushing and looked flabbergasted. I said, "Have a safe trip" and he nodded (he was going to a concert that was five hours away).

When that week passed, I was back home. Then three weeks passed by and I told Orihime that I really liked him. She told she kind of knew by the way I talked about him and how my face would light up when I saw him. I told her that I did not have the guts to tell him and she offered to tell him.

A few days later, she told me the news.

"Well, it's both good news and bad news," she said.

"Dang...sock it to me Orihime!"

She laughed. "Well, he said that he already knew that you liked him and he used to like you, for a while. But the whole distance thing and such, he figured that nothing could ever really come from it. So he's kinda moved on."

I was silent. I started to cry my eyes out. Why? Why did I have to live so far away from him?

"Rukia? Are you OK?" Orihime asked.

"I'm crying. I should be used to having my heartbroken!" I choked out.

"Imagine me hugging you!" Orihime said.

"I really like him though."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't give up. I mean, he did like you once. Who's to say he won't feel that way again. If it's any consolidaton, I love you!"

I laughed. "I love you too Orihime. Anyways, I did give him my choker that has my name on it."

"Aww...see?"

But, who knows that we will ever be together. After a couple days after that, I cried. I kept saying that boys are stupid. And I kept beating myself up that I should have kissed his lips. But at least I have his wifebeater.

If we stay friends and stay in contact...who knows what will happen.