Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth in Lies ❯ The Truth in Lies ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“So, I don't understand what the problem is, Taicho.”
 
“Abarai, the problem is that you cannot just take off to Karakura whenever you want these days. It's dangerous. Especially when your guard is down because of inebriation and feelings.”
 
Feigned innocence. “Feelings, Taicho?”
 
A narrowed grey glare.
 
“Ahem. Uh, yeah, I mean, it's all rumors though right? Hearsay and whatnot.”
 
“Regardless. Rumors like this are damaging to our division and I will not have you tarnish all I've worked for just because you can't control your hormones or your drinking. It will not happen again.”
 
Shuffling of feet. “Of course, Taicho.”
 
A deep sigh, dripping with impatience. “Was there something else, Abarai?”
 
Eyes glued to the spot above the other's shoulder. “There are some rumors about you as well-”
 
Angry reiatsu pushing against him.
 
“That might be damaging, Taicho. I just thought you should know. Sorry. I'll take my leave.”
 
“Wait!”
 
The door is only half open. He stays with his back to his captain. “Yeah? Uh. I mean, yes, Taicho?”
 
Brief silence. Then:
 
“Not that I care, as these rumors are most assuredly false, but what is the nature of these rumors?”
 
A hidden grin.
 
“Sir, they say that of all the men in Gotei 13, me included, you are the only one that can attest to having been with Ran- uh, Matsumoto-fukutaicho. Sir.”
 
Silence so heavy he turns around, eyes widening at the angry red spreading across his Taicho's face.
 
A smooth recovery. “Ah yes. As I said, false allegations, as usual. You may go.”
 
A sigh of relief followed by a short bow and rushing out the door.
 
And then, a revelation; it wasn't anger.
 
His Taicho was blushing!