Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Unwelcome Assent ❯ Unwelcome Assent ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tite Kubo owns Bleach. I just borrowed the characters. I make no money from this work.
Unwelcome Assent
Startlingly they found themselves on a beach. The sky was grey, heavy with cloud and large drops of rain pelted from the heavens. It was cold. The beach was bleak. One lone shop was set at the back of the beach, but it was shut and all who could raced to the shelter provided by a small strip of awning.
"What the hell happened?" Captain Soifon snarled glaring at those closest to her as if they were responsible for this predicament, until her eyes fell on Yoruichi and her expression softened.
A hard cough warned them that their most senior Captain was there and might provide an answer. Yamamoto looked both stern and confused as he admitted, "Someone suggested that we needed a holiday, so we were sent here."
Zaraki, who hadn't managed to get his large frame under the shelter laughed harshly. "Hey, Kuchiki. You don't have any excuses now. Want to fight."
The slight purse of the severe mouth warned the others that a scathing comment might be forthcoming. "I see no reason to refuse your challenge, this time."
Before anyone could express their surprise at this acceptance, the two men withdrew some distance and commenced trying to kill each other, purely for reasons of entertainment, of course. A few of the others followed to watch.
Captain Hitsugaya sighed and pulled his Nintendo DSi from his sleeve and looked curiously at Hanatoro. "Do you wish to continue our Pokémon duel?"
The 4th Division team member quickly pulled a similar device from his sleeve and they huddled further to the back hissing at each other in unintelligible whispers.
"At least I was prepared," Captain Kyoraku said as he also produced something from his sleeve: a large bottle of extra strong sake.
The bottle was opened and passed rapidly amongst those who were interested.
When it was finally in Captain Unohana's hands, she wiped the mouth of the bottle and drank deeply, shuddering at both the cold of the liquid and the insanitary nature of obtaining her drink. "I wish people would keep their suggestions to themselves," was her contribution to the conversation.
The others nodded unhappily and waited to be transported back to Soul Society.
Author's Note
One of my dear friends suggested it might be a kind gesture if I gave the Bleach characters a holiday. This was the result.
Please review.
MS