Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Bleach or any of the characters from the show.
================================================================= =================
Sunsets in the Soul Society were nice, but not as nice as the ones in the world of the living Rukia decided. She was in one of the many training grounds for Division Thirteen, sitting on a hill. Normally she would be running last minute errands right now or waiting on her girlfriend to show up.
However, tonight Ukitake-taicho refused to let her work any longer than she had to. Instead of waiting on Rangiku to come from the office, this time, she was waiting on her to return from a classified mission. The strawberry-blonde had been gone for almost a week. Rukia missed her a lot. Her Taicho tried to cheer her up but to no avail. Her brother was more than willing to listen to her concerns, but she had already bothered him once today; Renji was away on a mission too so her brother was worried about him (even though he refused to admit it).
The raven haired soul reaper couldn’t help but worry. She knew Rangiku was more than capable of taking care of herself and Hitsugaya-taicho wouldn’t have sent the Fukutaicho if her skills weren’t needed. Everyone underestimates her because of her looks. The relationship between the Division Ten Taicho and Fukutaicho was an odd one since they were polar opposites in personalities; but Rukia had learned that there was a level of trust there that none of the other Taichos and Fukutaichos had.
As if her thoughts had summoned him, Rukia felt Hitsugaya-taicho’s reiatsu wash over her as he approached. He moved until he stood beside her sitting form. “You needn’t worry about her. She’s a big girl and can take care of herself.”
“I know; I just can’t stop worrying,” she replied.
After a few minutes of silence he said, “If and I mean IF I have to go get her, you can come with me. I’ve already cleared it with Ukitake-taicho and Kuchiki-taicho has been informed.”
It took her by surprise to learn that her brother and Hitsugaya-taicho were good friends; though, she felt the knowledge should’ve been obvious since they were similar in some ways. “Thank you.”
He snorted, “Don’t thank me; you’re coming to stop me from strangling her myself for having to go get her lazy ass.”
She couldn’t help it; she burst out laughing. There was once a time when she’d been afraid of the male beside her because being an ice wielder wasn’t easy and he wielded the strongest of ice zanpakuto. Once she and Rangiku got together, she realized he wasn’t so bad. As long as you didn’t annoy him and if you actually paid attention to what he said and how he said it. Now she was quite comfortable around him. In turn, he seemed to treat her nicer than most people because supposedly she was having a good effect on Rangiku’s work ethic.
The worry she felt eased up. If Hitsugaya-taicho wasn’t worried then she shouldn’t worry either. Her mood lightened as she turned back to the setting sun.
AN: This is just a random thing that popped into my head after I finished Time to Meet You and Crazy Day.