Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ White Concerto: Groove ❯ Odori no Harlem ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Eptung sheaths his zanpakutou, Areno (Formerly Minatzuki), and smiles in a vicious delight. "This is all too simple." Loud howling shakes the Prime Minister Residence.

"Wait for me...Zwei..." He leans down and begins to grab a body on the floor soon a blade is press closely to his neck.

"I haven't seen you since the Battle of the White Tower...I thought you died with Keightsinger."

Eptung smiles. "Since when was I dead...for the fact of the matter...did you confirm the death of Keightsinger...Ritsuka?"

Eptung ducks as Ritsuka slashes then kicks Ritsuka's legs out from under him as he dives on top of him drawing Areno. "Die!!!" Ritsuka catches the blade with both hands.

"Not today beast..." Ritsuka kicks Eptung off of him and manages to flip backwards missing being slashed by Eptung.

"You have gotten alot better since those days boy. But you're still no match for me....Areno...run wild."

Eptung steps back as his zanpakutou begins to melt over his skin. Slowly the blade hardens over his body.

The room grows black, almost like the light is being sucked from every nook and cranny. A growling voice speaks in an almost feral manner, "Never again shall you see the light of day."

One of the dead bodies sprawled around fly at Ritsuka and hit him dead on as he feels almost like blades ripping at his back. Ritsuka falls to the ground and gets kicked up in the and smashes into the ceiling.

Opening his eyes he is confronted by a beast beyond any horror. Almost wraith in form but with the characteristics of a werewolf. Looking into this things eyes Ritsuka knew this was Eptung.

Moving fast throughout the darkness using it's black skin as cover, Ritsuka barely managed to parry its strikes. The howls from the distance grow stronger and shake ground.

"I am coming for you Zwei."

"No you're not."

Ritsuka drops to the floor. "Awayuki let the snowfall..." Ritsuka enters his Shikai form. "Let's send them home...BANKAI!!!!!!" Wind gusts throughout the hallway as snow covers everything in the area.

"Come on...try me..." The darkness falls as the snow begins to glimmer. Eptung realizes his cover is now gone lunges at Ritsuka.

"Fool...." Ritsuka appears behind Eptung as Eptung soars through the air. Ritsuka sheaths Awayuki. "Didn't you hear it whispering on the air...Kaze no Korai."

The beast freezes as it seperates and bursts into snow. Ritsuka moves his hair to the side and smiles. "Easy win."

Clapping down the hallway begin a deep terror to Ritsuka, "No way."

Eptung walks forward clapping being followed by Zwei. "You took to long to execute that my friend..." He leans down and pets Zwei. "but I will admit that was rather impressive." Zwei propers herself up on Eptung's leg and licks his face. "I have what I need but maybe we can play this game again. Master Yaiba has been dying to see how the second Beighlaur candidate is doing."

He winks at Ritsuka and begins to float away almost carried by the wind.

Ritsuka falls to the ground and punches it hard. "Shit..." He begins to punch it harder over and over. "SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIITTTTT!!!"

In his jail cell, Akashi sits back quietly staring at the ceiling. Someone opens the door down the hall, but this doesn't jar him at all.

"Ummm..." He hears tapping on the bars. "Akashi-san?" He slowly lowers his head and looks out for a split second and then stares back at the ceiling.

"What is it Tsubaki?"

Tsubaki smiles slightly but begins her investigation of her father's were-a-bouts. "Umm...where have you been?"

"Paris, France..."

"Why?"

"Because I guess without thinking to protect everyone I went to the first and last place to look for me."

"Did you not care mom was pregnant?"

"Oppose, I cared too much..."

Tsubaki sits in front of them bars. "You act like mom says I do when I am mad."

Akashi leans his head down and looks at Tsubaki. "You're beautiful my daughter. You look like the perfect meld between myself and your mother."

Tsubaki lays head on the bar. "I remember when I was young. Mom used to read me a story that was popular to kids my age then. I will called 'The Ballad of the Red Emperor.' It was about a hero who in the end gave his life to save everyone."

He shifts alittle bit and looks at Tsubaki. "That book was written about me..."

"It was written by a Shunsei Chiyuki, a psuedonym author from somewhere in the Rukongai area."

"Chiyuki..." Akashi giggles. "I guess your mother never told you that Chiyuki is Prime Minister Raito's real name. So she wrote a book about me..."

Tsubaki nods.

"What did you like about the book Baki?"

"The hero looked like me."

"We look alot alike my daughter. You have my hair color and eyes. But you are shaped like and have the same hair as your mother at this age."

Tsubaki leans her back against the bars. "Dad...?"

"Yes Baki?"

"Tell me how you and mom met."

Akashi lays back on the ground and laughs. "It's rather embarrassing but ok."

He gets up. "Well we met while I was still in love with someone else. It was weird. I could only admit to one other person that I loved and need to be with your mother."

Tsubaki nods.

"Well it was very off and on. We would be happy and lovey dovey one day. The next day she would be angry and we argued until we decide to try...with all of our hearts try."

Akashi gets up and looks out the window. "It wasn't perfect. But it was ours. We could happily say that we cared for one another."

Tsubaki curls up. "We got married a few months before I found out you were on the way. We still argued but this time we made sure that we settled everything before we laid down to sleep at night."

Akashi moves the hair from his face."I remember one night I slept next to her and I couldn't sleep. I held her all night. Proud of her. We made love several times that night. It wasn't as it was just because we were next to eachother but because we want to be as close to eachother as we could. But after that night...something in me fell apart."

Akashi hears tears behind him and turns,"Baki?" He stands face to face with Avril, whom has heard every little detail.

"I understand Akashi...you still love her. But it hurts to just be a replacement without you even knowing you are doing that."

She runs off crying. Tsubaki still sits awaiting the rest of the story. "She'll be back...she loves you. And so does mom...eventhough she is angry with you...she has feelings for you. But she doesn't know how to express them anymore."

Akashi sits back to back with Tsubaki against the bars. "Dad who is Uezama Yaiba?"

Akashi eyes grow wide and all you hear is,"...The Devil..."