Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ White Concerto: Groove ❯ Cult of Personality ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
50 Years earlier...

Tohji walks along side his son. "Intelligence is the cornerstone of stupidity masking its self." Akashi grunts at Tohji.

"You should know...it was intelligent to burn down the Shunsei residence and kill all of Haku's family." Akashi replies in a deep angry growl.

Tohji nods. "Yes it was. Because in the end I got what I wanted. Haku never to get passage into the Garden of Eden or a chance purify his tainted little soul. I would have killed his daughter if Urahara didn't get away with her..."

Tohji appears behind Akashi then begins to pat his son on the shoulder. "I guess I can thank you for killing her off. She was such a Daddy's Girl Brat. I swear I wanted to personally cut her throat from ear to ear. Bloody satisfaction at it's best."

Akashi tries to strike Tohji but misses only to feel himself standing back to back with Tohji. "Because I have seen you means I myself can no longer return to heaven but that doesn't stop me. I know God is but a temperary seat. So I strive to have a permenant seat...as the King of Seireitei...so if you can stop me my peche...then try."

Jerking out of his sleep Akashi sits up drenched in a cold sweat. Akashi shakes his head in disbelief of his dream. Remembering that he was the cause of his father's fall from heaven. His father's wishes to forever damn the Shunsei family. It all seemed to get to him. Overwhelming him in torn emotions not knowing if his own plans some how worked into Tohji's hands.

"Are you okay love?" Avril shifts herself so that her head lays in Akashi's lap.

"Avril, I feel alot more than stupid..."

She kisses his thigh and snuggles closer. "How so my love?"

Akashi softly pets Avril's head. "Was this all planned out before I even thought of doing what I did...is Yaiba just another puppet? How did Haku's body remain and him regain his shinigami abilities?"

Avril drifts in and out of the conversation but replies,"Shevat is watching over us...she...she...she is watching over her family and all of the world. I love her being there. Just like when I am with you. Knowing Shevat is there makes me feel...makes me feel...safe..."

He watches Avril doze off and begins to think about it all. "I am missing a piece of the puzzle."

Meanwhile in the First District.

Hanashi looks out at the night sky pondering about Akashi. "Why is he here?" She holding on to her prized necklace Hanashi then looks at the wedding ring that Akashi gave to her. "I have worn this the whole time...what's wrong with me?"

"You still love Dad...that's why." Hanashi turns to see her daughter in crutches standing at the entrances to the balcony. "He still loves you...but you must know him better than me...Dad doesn't seem like the type of man to break a promise or back out of a situation no matter how shitty it truly is for him."

Hanashi nods, feigning a smile. "Uezama Akashi is one of the rare men who barrels ahead towards his goal."

"This isn't a goal Mom. This is love. He loves you. But you have to know that he loves Avril too. If I was to say...you ever ask him to be there he will come running to you. But all you have done to the man is yell and abuse him. He thought his name was Jean-Clarke DeBouef for the passed fifty years." Tsubaki limps over to her mother as she steadies herself on the crutches. "He is a torn between the two of you."

Hanashi frowns. "I can't take him back."

Tsubaki stops her mother. "You say that to hear it. I am a sign that you want him around...because as grandma says I am so much like my father that she accidentally calls me by his name. A part of you wants him gone and a part of you wants him laying next to you."

The wise young woman begins to head towards the entrance but stops in her spot. "If you don't feel his reika right now...then you already know that he is awake. He can feel you too...I am the medium for both of your emotions. I know what you two want." Tsubaki points out something obvious. "He still wears his wedding ring too. Even in death he never let go of it. I am glad to see forever does mean forever."

Hanashi watches Tsubaki go in.

"Damn she is intelligent." Looking down over the rafters, Raito waves at Hanashi.

"Raito...spying on your subordinates isn't a good thing for the Prime Minister to do." Hanashi waves her finger at Raito.

Raito shrugs and flips down to the balcony. "Well I am tired of being Ritsuka's nurse. I mean I love the man but hell he only saw the Sermon of the Damned...I can do the Prayer of the Damned. So my sympathy on this is rather...low."

Raito bounces around Hanashi and smacks Hanashi's butt. "I would kill to have your situation." Raito gets really girly, clasping her hands together and squeals. "YOU ARE LIVING A TOTAL ROMANCE NOVEL LIFE!!!"

Hanashi hits Raito over the head. "Shut up...if it's so good then what would you do?"

Raito slips out from under her hand. "I would say kick him in the nuts and then get back with him but you have already done the first part."

Quickly Hanashi replies, "Easy for you to say."