Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Zanpaku-to? ❯ Summoned ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Bleach, the characters or the copyright, but admire the people involved in its creation.
 
Summoned
Zaraki stared at the zanpakuto. It was never going to answer him. He had wasted time talking to a stupid tool. Time that he could have used for some of the tasks he was expected to do. Thank all that no one had seen him make the attempt. He did not want his reputation sullied by someone observing his weakness. Even if Yachiru had seen him this time, he did not have the excuse of wounds to explain his weakness. He knew that she would not tell anyone, but this was not something he wanted anyone to know about. Not even someone as close as Yachiru.
He sighed and leant back against wall. While he was here he may as well check that the tower was still secure. If they captured the treacherous captains anytime they would have to be placed somewhere before they were executed. Rukia and her friends hadn't done much damage to it. It was good to have a quiet place to go when he just wanted to get away. Pity that they would need to find another way to execute any traitors in the future. He was sure that Kurotsuchi would work out some devious and painful manner and would probably want to be closely involved in the executions. He hated that devious dog. Zaraki was certain that Kurotsuchi was a traitor and might even be secretly helping the Arrancar so he could do some research on them once they arrived in Soul Society.
He would try with the zanpakuto one final time. That would be it. He had wasted enough time on this foolishness. Even if he learned the name of the zanpakuto, he might never use it. It was a form of insurance, not that Zaraki believed in insurance, most of the time.
One more time. But what could he say that he had not already said? How had a ryoka from the human world managed to talk to his zanpakuto? Maybe he could try something he had not really tried. Thank all that no one was here to hear him apologise.
“I am sorry I have not tried to talk to you before, zanpakuto. I want to know your name. If I know your name I can use your strength. I want to be stronger. Accept my apology zanpakuto for all the things I have said, all the times I ignored you, and all the times I treated you only as a tool.”
“Too late.”
Zaraki thought he heard someone say: `Too late'. He also heard the sound of running feet. A pink haired child like form appeared, Yachiru.
“Hey, Ken-chan. What you doing here? Icchy is back and so are the others. Baldy and Weirdo are looking for you, but didn't know where you were. I didn't tell them where you were Ken-chan. I don't want them to find you all the time. That wouldn't be fun. I like making them search.”
“Yachiru, I'm not doing anything, just resting. You didn't hear anything when you came here, did you?”
“Hear what Ken-chan? I heard thin moustaches call your name, but nothing else. Come on, let's go. You should have come snacking with me. It was great. The Captain-General wants to talk to all the Captains about somethin'. He wants you there soon, so I think we should go now, Ken-chan. Will you let me direct you?”
“Yachiru, I will not listen to your directions. I know where the office is. If he wants me there soon, I will decide which way we will go.”
Yachuri jumped on Karaki's back.
“How about I tell you the first direction and then you decide. It will be fun.”
Zaraki started moving. Did the zanpakuto answer him? Was it too late? Maybe he was just hearing things. He had other problems to think about now. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.
“That way Ken-chan. That way!”
“Yachuri, it is another dead end. We will go this way.”
Author's Note:
I'll post another chapter tomorrow or the next day.
Please review
MS