Bubblegum Crisis Fan Fiction ❯ Bubblegum Avatar #1 -- "Tin-Sell City" ❯ Author's notes ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes.

Bubblegum Avatar was a story that was directly inspired by Bert Van Vliet's Bubblegum Zone Stories. I guess everyone has imagined themselves as the hero in one story or another, and using fanfiction allows us to put us into our favorate shows.

However, then one major problem with Self-Insertion stories is the common mistake of authors making the hero (or Avatar) too good. The hero knows everything, can beat up the bad guys with one mighty swing of his hand, can make a SAM missle launcher out of a cardboard tube and bailing wire, can romance one/several of the established leading characters with a skill that makes Casanova look like a little schoolboy, ...Well, you get the idea. The SI becomes the perfect hero....

...and becomes the biggest bore on the planet.

Everyone has flaws, no matter who they are. We don't read to read about perfect people, but see how people overcome those flaws and do something. That is the thing I strive to do with the version of me you see in this story. I am not perfect, I have no mechanical skills, or know even where to start when it comes to designing equipment. So, I couldn't come in to the story like Bert, who does have an Enginnering background. The Craig you see here is a bit too much like me, warts and all.

Ishmael came about simply because suddenly appearing in MegaTokyo and knocking on the front door of the Silky Doll has been done too many times before. Nine times out of ten, anyone walking in on Sylia and demanding to join the Knight Sabers would have a very short lifespan (And the tenth time the person's lifespan would only be extended long enough to find out where they got the infomation from!) I thought that Sylia would have a harder time if an enity with increadable powers asked her for a favor (The large sum of money wouldn't hurt either!)

As you can see, BGA#1 has its basis in the first episode of the BGC OVA series, and I will contine to base the BGA stories on the OVA series for now. BGA#2, which is based on "Born to Kill," is about 75% done, I will start posting it here in the next couple of days. If that goes well, I'll start posting the other stories I've written/halfwritten

BTW -- the name Craig uses at USSD in Chapter #13 -- Douglas Q. Sangnoir -- is from Bob Schroeck's Drunkard's Walk #2: Robot's Rules of Order. Bob, of course, returned the favor by having Doug assume my name when he went to work for a GENOM subsidery. Something with a little more pazazz, huh?
That's all for now. Any C&C is welcomed....
Craig Reed
12/26/05