Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ BGC 2055: Megatokyo Burning ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning
Inferno Three

Sailor Moon shone beautifully as she struck with her scepter, the weapon unleashing a wave of destructive energy that cut boomers down by the dozen. But still the creatures shambled forward, the old subway access burning behind them as the Sailor Senshi fought.

“Are you sure, Ami?” Sailor Jupiter asked, lighting blazing as she destroyed another boomer in a splash of while fluid.

“This is one of the few places that we can access the old NERV facilities beneath the city,” Sailor Mercury confirmed, “we need to hold it until the others arrive.”

“Are you sure the others are coming?” Sailor Uranus asked, the sandy brown haired woman’s sword cutting a boomer down easily.

“They are,” Sailor Pluto confirmed, black hair flowing around her as she used Dead Scream to blast boomers away from a fleeing mercenary.

“Watch your back, Sailor Moon,” Tuxedo Kamen leapt, the black haired man’s cane splattering a boomer easily.

“I knew you were there,” Sailor Moon smiled at him warmly.

“Incoming,” Sailor Neptune warned, her green hair shimmering in the firelight.

Four figures emerged from the smoke and flames, advancing on the Sailor’s position. Mackie Stingray lead the way, AD Police officer Lisa Valante at his side. Beside them Mahoro and Minagi were still arguing with Mackie.

“I thought you were supposed to get to the Locket, damn it,” Minagi said, her light blue hair flowing in the breeze.

“No time,” Mackie said, “especially once I saw what was going on here.”

“Nene’s going to be pissed,” Mahoro predicted glumly.

“It’s been awhile,” Sailor Venus nodded her greetings as she smiled at the newcomers grimly, “you figured it out, too?”

“They’re going after NERV and the geofront,” Lisa Valente said, the dusky skinned blonde looking in awe of the assembled heroes.

Sailor Saturn sliced a boomer into two with a single swing as the raven haired girl said, “This must be where most of the Boomers were going.”
“Can you hold them off while we go after Nergal and who ever else is down there?” Mackie asked.

“Yes,” Sailor Moon nodded confidently.

“We can’t let them go down there alone,” Sailor Mars pointed out, her gloves nearly as black with soot as her hair.

“I’m going with them,” Sailor Venus said, her blonde hair shining like gold.

“Makes sense,” Sailor Mercury admitted as she pulled out her mini-computer. She tapped a few keys, frowning, “I think you should be able to access the geofront from here, and there’s a light rail system connecting to the command center.”

“There’s power down there?” Mahoro asked skeptically, her black hair shiny and clean.

“I suspect our hacker friend can fix that once you’re down there,” Sailor Pluto said. She gave Mackie a long look, “Be careful down there.”

“Will do,” Mackie said as the five figures moved forward, picking through the rubble to reach the underground access.

“You know something, don’t you?” Sailor Uranus asked Pluto as another wave of misshapen boomers advanced.

The subway below was dark as they advanced, only dim emergency lights guiding them forward. Mackie walked up to what looked like a bare wall and slid his hand along it thoughtfully, expression intent.

“I wonder how much of a lead Nergal and friends have?” Mohoro murmured.

“Enough that I don’t want it getting any larger,” Minagi smiled grimly.

“Here,” Mackie announced as a section of wall moved aside to reveal a large, armored door. “It’s technically a emergency exit, but it’ll do,” he said as he pulled out a old key card.

“Where did you get THAT?” Lisa blinked as Mackie swiped the card, the door sliding open with a groan.

“It belonged to my father,” Mackie said in a flat tone of voice, clearly NOT wanting to talk about it.

Sailor Venus cupped her hands and concentrated, a golden light shining forth to cut into the darkness of the passage. “Let’s go,” she said and the group moved on. The air was musty, old, and the dust caught at their throats as they walked, the small passage opening up into a mirror image of the subway station, but much more advanced.

“Emergency power’s still going?” Minagi sounded surprised.

“Someone else probably started it up when they broke in elsewhere,” Mackie said as they rushed to the train cars. Going in he make his way to the front and popped a access patch off while digging a took kit out of his jacket’s pocket.

In a few moments Lisa and Mackie got the train going and with a lurch they were off, the tunnel opening into a massive underground cavern. The wreckage of a abandoned past the geofront stretched out around them abandoned facilities looking as advanced as the modern city far above them.

“I always wondered why Quincy and the older Genom corp. never went after this,” Mahoro murmured.

“I suspect he tried,” Lisa looked over at Mackie, “only to get his hand slapped by the Knight Sabers.”

“No comment,” Mackie smiled mysteriously.

“Is that it?” Minagi pointed to a pyramid like structure growing larger ahead of them, one of the only with lights on.

“According to descriptions I’ve heard, yes,” Mackie confirmed as a spark of light suddenly soared up from the building towards them.

“Shit,” Minagi yanked Mackie and Lisa back even as the front of the train exploded under weapons fire. The power suit swept in, expecting to follow up on it’s surprise attack but it underestimated it’s foe.

“Venus Crescent Beam Smash!” Sailor Venus cried, her laser like beam slashing out to send him reeling backwards.

Pistol in hand Mahoro sighted and fired, two shots cutting through power connections and crippling the military suit in a second. “Grab him,” she yelled as the suit dropped.

“Venus love me chain!” Venus made a tossing motion, the golden chain wrapping around the armor’s middle as she grabbed the wall to brace herself. “Ooof!” she gasped as the full weight nearly dragged her off her feet, “A little help, please?”

Minagi and Mahoro rushed to help and in a few seconds they had the crippled armor up on the train with them. “Notice the logo,” Minagi pointed at the stylized leaf, “that’s Nergal corporate issue.”

“Oh good,”Lisa smiled.

With a single smooth motion Mahoro grabbed the face plate and tore, yanking it off with a groan of protesting metal. The man beneath gazed at them in shock, his round glasses gleaming. “What... how did you?!” he stammered.

“Who are you,” Venus asked flatly, “and what is Nergal doing here?”

“My friends want answers,” Mackie said as he squatted down by where he lay on the ground, “and they’re going to get them.”

To be continued...