Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Siberian War ❯ Prelude to War ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Siberian War- Prelude to War

By Red Star

Note: I do not own any of the anime characters in this story.

Some of you may be thinking that I am merely copying a certain fanfic involving a war between Digimon's Japan and the U.S.A. Let me assure you I am not. In fact, I have been considering this idea for a while. At first I was going to limit it to perhaps Tenchi Muyo or Sailor Moon, but then I realized: What a great base for a crossover! I should also tell you that most of the military equipment in this story is real or is in it's planning stages. I'm trying to pull a Tom Clancy with this one so tell me what you think.

* * * * * * * *

BOLSHOI THEATER, MOSCOW, RUSSIAN VICEROYALTY OF THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE.

Micheru curtsied with her partner in this concert, Georgi Sulevsky, the great Russian pianist. She blushed as a man whose suit was decorated with fifty-year old medals handed her a bouquet of red roses. This was Ivan Fordevo, the President of the National Union of Veterans, who had set up this concert to pay for a new clinic outside Moscow. He smiled happily and gave her a great bear hug. He then whispered in her ear, "His Imperial Majesty wishes to see you during intermission." Her eyes went wide as she looked at the small group in the Imperial Balcony across the theater. The Emperor Dane I was conversing with his guests. Micheru smiled and said "Very well."

The Russian army officer kept at a steady pace ahead of her. The young man was dressed in a green uniform with gold shoulder boards. A gold cord springing from his right shoulder indicated that he was an aide. He wore his full set of medals and a badge with an eagle design rested on his right breast pocket. He suddenly stopped at an elegantly designed door and turned to her. A small look of surprise crossed his face as he saw that she had kept amazingly close for someone wearing an evening gown. He cleared his throat and opened the door. The two entered the balcony. The group in the large box turned to look at her. The balcony was occupied with men wearing military uniforms. Gold lining, stars, and caps were everywhere. Then a tall but thin young man stood up from his chair and approached her. He was dressed in an undress uniform. His shoulder boards each showed a gold star with silver rays coming from behind it, forming their own star shapes. The stars were surrounded by a golden wreath. Above the left side of his black colored uniform's breast pocket hung perhaps three rows of medal ribbons. Above these hovered three gold stars hanging from individual gold rimmed ribbons that had the red, blue and white of the Russian flag on them. Resting on his left breast pocket was the badge of the Order of the Imperial Eagle, which showed the double-headed eagle in a circle within the gold rays of the eight-pointed star. He smiled as the officer declared, "Your Imperial Majesty, Ms. Micheru." The Japanese woman smiled and curtsied. "I am pleased to meet you." "So am I," said the Emperor, "Tea?" He gestured at the painted Samnovar sitting on a small table against the left wall. "Yes, thank you." The Emperor leaned over and grasped two glasses that were set in silver holders. He turned the handle on the Samnovar and filled the two glasses with the tea. He handed one to Micheru and sipped from his own glass. "That was beautiful out there, Ms. Micheru, I haven't heard a good violin like that since Vladimir Torov retired." She blushed, "Thank you, your Imperial Majesty." He took another drink. "I hope that you've been noticed by the musical community in Japan." "Yes, to the tune of about seven CD's." The Emperor blinked and then chuckled. "Forgive me. No offense, but your country does not demand the attention of my military officers like, say, the United States. Therefore, I do not have many chances to meet your own leaders on a regular occasion." Micheru nodded and sipped her tea. "Tell me…what is the mood of your country?"

"War," read Tenchi Masaki to himself, "against Japan can spring from anywhere in the pacific. From the Chinese Empire in the west to the United States in the east. Our nation must be on guard at all times. Tenchi sighed. He closed the Military Doctrine book and placed it beside him. He looked down at his clean undress uniform of a Tank officer. Since his abilities were quite high, the Japanese Imperial Army sent him to a training school. Now he was a lieutenant assigned to the 3rd Armored Division. "Why the big army buildup?" he mumbled to himself. "No one is threatening us, so what are we preparing against?"

"Russia," said Ms. Tuhito, "began it's expansion under the name Muscovy. The country was renamed by Czar Peter the Great who also moved the capital to St. Petersburg. Peter the Great began a massive series of reforms including an introduction of a Navy, establishments of schools and the centralization of government."

Kari sighed and leaned back. Her mind was occupied by something more important than this Peter the Great guy. Her brother Tai had been drafted into the army and she was worried sick about him. He was off in an academy outside Tokyo. <I wonder what he's learning about…>she wondered.

"The T-80," declared the sergeant, "is a newer kind of Russian tank. It has not yet been encountered in battle, at least not Russian ones. Remember, the Russians stripped every tank they sold in the 1980's of every piece of new technology, so this will be a first for us." Tai sighed, what is going on? Why was he whisked from his peaceful life in Japan to listen to some jarhead yak about a Ruskie tank. Then a thought crossed his mind. He said that the Russians had stripped their sold tanks of new technology, and this would be a first "for us". He broke into a sweat as he realized what this could mean.

The invasion of the Russian far east.