Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Of Cards and Wands ❯ That's the DADA Professor?!? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Of Cards and Wands: Part 1
By: Starlight Rose
Email: starlighto_rose@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowlings and CCS belongs to Clamp. Got it? Good.

A.N. Err...I'm a seriously sick and deranged girl. I give that as the excuse for any crossovers I will be doing and when you see the other one I am planning you'll agree. This isn't so bad. Tell me what you think. Digimon will be in it later once I do more research into the show since I don't know much about it yet. I'll be moving this to the anime crossovers section in about a day or two.

*****************************

Fourteen soon to be fifteen-year-old Harry Potter sat in his room doing his summer homework. An ordinary enough activity for a fourteen-year-old boy, well when you ignore the fact that he was doing his homework rather than doing something like going out and playing in the summer sun. But Harry was far from ordinary, Harry was a wizard and not just any wizard, but the most famous wizard in the wizarding world. Fourteen years ago Harry had caused the most fearsome and powerful dark wizard in the world, Voldemort, to lose his power through a backfired spell. Unfortunately said wizard was back possibly even more powerful than before and Harry was the unlucky recipient of his desire for revenge. Though Harry had faced Voldemort and his minions several times before now Harry was scared how his next encounter with the dark wizard would end up.

Closing his book, Harry went to the cage where he kept his white owl Hedwig. He opened her cage and removed her allowing her to perch on his arm as he talked quietly to her. "You know Hedwig, next week is my birthday and I don't know if Professor Dumbledore will allow me to go and stay with Ron this summer since Voldemort is back. I hope he does though. I couldn't stand to stay here much longer with Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon cooing over Dudley and how proud they are that he finally lost five pounds."

Hedwig cooed seemingly agreeing with Harry when he heard a fluttering of wings from behind him. Harry turned around to see a brown barn owl with a letter tied to his foot sitting on Harry's window seal. Harry gently put Hedwig onto his bed as he approached the new owl and untied the letter from his foot. The owl looked expectantly at Harry and slapping his forehead Harry went over to his trunk and removed a small bag. Reaching into the bag he removed a knut and gave it to the owl saying, "Thanks."

The owl hooted once and left. Harry opened the letter and read:

Dear Mr. Potter,

I would like to request your presence at Hogwarts early this year. There is a special assignment that our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher has arranged for you, the Mr. Weasleys and Miss Weasley, and Miss Granger that may eventually help in your plight concerning you-know-who. I have requested for Mr. Weasley to come pick you up at your residence this afternoon. Please be prepared to leave when they arrive. We will explain the assignment to you upon your arrival at Hogwarts.

Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Harry felt a combination of excitement and dread after he read the letter. He was happy that he would be able to see his friends so soon and would be able to get away from the Dursleys for the rest of the summer, but he also felt wary of the assignment especially if the new DADA professor had requested him and his friends. Harry had had bad experiences previously with his DADA professors considering that two of them had worked for Voldemort and nearly had him killed both times.

Shrugging off his apprehensions Harry began to pack up his books into his trunk and sat in his room waiting for the Weasleys to come pick him up. He wondered by what methods they would come pick him up by since a broomstick in the middle of the afternoon was overly conspicuous. He sat on his bed contemplating whether or not he should inform the Dursleys and finally decided that with the Dursleys it is best to give them some sort of warning though not like it ever helped much.

Harry went down stairs and stood before his Uncle Vernon and ventured carefully, "Uncle Vernon?"

"His uncle looked coldly at Harry like he was some annoying insect that he wish to squash and Harry was fairly sure that was how his uncle thought of him. "What do you want?" Uncle Vernon asked him.

"I have to leave early for a special school assignment. The Weasleys are picking me up this afternoon to take me to Hogwarts." Harry said quickly.

Harry's uncle reacted exactly how Harry expected him to. He ranted and he raved for hours on end and Harry stood there and listened to him with the forbearance only years of training could accomplish. In the end his uncle allowed him to go because he knew he had no choice but when considering the fact that a full-grown and fully trained wizard was to come and get Harry. It also helped that Harry mentioned the consequences of some of the previous times that his Uncle Vernon refused to allow Harry to leave. Harry's Uncle Vernon had seen what type of vile tricks the wizards could play when angered and he did no wish to spend another several thousand pounds taking Dudley to a surgeon in London to have another pig-tail removed from his posterior.

When Ron's father Arthur Weasley finally arrived to take Harry off to Hogwarts Uncle Vernon could not get Harry out of the door with his wretched wizardry thing fast enough. Dudley huddled in the kitchen well out of the wizard's sight. Dudley had been the recipient of most of the wizards' tricks. Not risking his luck, Harry sped out of the door as fast as he could and into the enchanted car where Fred, George, Ginny, and Ron were waiting.

The friends exchanged greetings quickly and Mr. Weasley began to drive them all off to Kingston Station. There was an air or repressed excitement in the car as they drove to the station. Finally not able to take the tense silence and the anticipation anymore Ron asked, "What do you think the new DADA professor will be like? I mean he asked for all of us personally."

Harry shrugged and answered, "I don't know though as long as its not Gilderoy Lockheart recovered from his memory charm and wanting to see me so that he can talk about his adventures with me again, I'll be happy."

From the driver's seat Arthur laughed at Harry's reply and told the anxious group of teenagers, "Don't worry it's not Gilderoy Lockheart and we are fairly certain this time it is not one of Voldemort's people."

The teenagers all turned to stare at Arthur and began to question him about who the mysterious new DADA professor was and what their assignment in Japan was. Arthur just shrugged their questions away saying, "You'll find out when you get there though I wish I could see your reactions. Your mother and I will be up to Hogwarts later when you return from your assignment. Because the lot of you will not be around she will be going around to pick up all your books for you. She'll get your books for you and Hermione too Harry since she already has to get those books for Ron."

Harry nodded mutely. The tension in the car broke and they all began talking about their summer. George and Fred were telling Harry excitedly about the new wizard gags they had invented during the summer vacation. The group finally reached the station and they all filed out of the car. Once at the station they went to the area between platform nine and platform ten and looking around them cautiously to assure themselves that no Muggles were watching they entered two at a time through the barrier to platform nine and three-fourths. Waiting for them at on the platform was Hermione and her parents. She was just hugging her parents good-bye when she spotted Harry and the Weasleys approaching.

Releasing her parents she went and greeted her friends. They entered the nearly empty train together and choose a large empty compartment where they could all be seated comfortably. Fred and George talked to each other about their experiments while Ginny stared out the window listen half-heartedly to Harry. Ron's, and Hermione's conversation. As soon as she was seated Hermione whirled around and asked, "Do you know who the new DADA professor will be?"

They all shook their heads and Ron replied, "I think Dad knows but he refuses to tell us anything. Though I think he expects us to be surprised because he said he wished he could see our reaction when we found out."

"I wonder if Lupin could be back." Hermione said.

"That would be great! He was the best DADA professor we've had yet! What do you think Harry?" Ron exclaimed excitedly.

"I think it would be great too, but I don't think its him. It doesn't really matter though since we're going to find out soon anyway." Harry replied.

"What's the matter Harry?" Hermione asked concerned by his tone of voice. "It's not like you to be so worried."

"It's nothing." Harry replied.

"Is it about you-know-who?" Ginny asked looking worriedly at Harry and seeing him look up at her question blushed.

"If it is don't worry Harry we're with you and well help you through anything that you-know-who throws at you." Ron said enthusiastically. "Hermione and I were always with you before."

"Yeah." Harry said giving his friends a smile though he was thinking, 'That's exactly what I'm worried about.' Harry knew that Voldemort would stop at nothing to get to him including hurting and using his friends.

The train finally arrive in Hogsmead and Harry and company got off the train and entered the carriage that awaited to transport them to Hogwarts. When they arrived at the castle Professor McGonagall was waiting at the castle doors for them. She led them all to the dining hall that was practically deserted. When they entered they saw only one table in the room and next to the table stood Professor Dumbledore speaking to a boy that looked at be around their age. Whispering the Harry and Hermione, Ron said, "I didn't know there was going to be another student with us on this assignment."

Harry shrugged and replied, "Neither did I. I wonder who he is. I don't think he goes to school here at Hogwarts."

"I don't think he does either." Hermione said examining the boy. "Though he kind of looks like you Harry."

Harry looked at the boy and realized that Hermione was right. The boy was tall and slender like Harry and wore wire-rimmed glasses. He was dressed elaborately in a black robe tied in the middle with a yellow sash. A black cape with yellow and blue trimming hung from his shoulders and he wore a large black hat that was also decorated with yellow and blue trimming. The most outstanding thing about the boy though was the staff he carried in his hands. It was taller than he was with a large sun and moon ornament on top of it.

Spotting the group enter Dumbledore motioned them to him and they obeyed quickly curious to find out more about the boy, their new DADA professor, and their assignment. When they stopped in front of him Dumbledore motioned to the strange boy and introduced him, "This is Eriol Hiiragizawa, your new DADA professor." Harry dimly registered the shock on his friends' faces at the announcement and realized that he probably had the same shocked looks that they were giving the boy and the Headmaster of Hogwarts. The boy smiled benignly at them and Harry heard Dumbledore chuckle quietly at their reaction before the Hogwarts Headmaster explained, "Professor Hiiragizawa is the reincarnation of a very powerful wizard, Clow Reed. He contains all of Clow Reed's memories and a large part of Clow Reed's powers and I believe he is older than he looks. Do not let his appearance fool you. Professor Hiiragizawa is a very formidable wizard and is even currently considered one of the most powerful wizards in the world. We are very lucky he has agreed to teach here even though he will only be here a year."

"You're...you're the reincarnation of Cl...Clow Reed?" Hermione stuttered her eyes wide. "THE Clow Reed that created a new type of magic by combining eastern and western magic?"

Eriol nodded his head and smiled at her. His dark grayish-lavender eyes looked the group over as he said, "I am very pleased to meet all of you. I feel since you are the few people that know about Voldemort's return you will be the best people for me to take with me to Japan."

"We're going to Japan?!?" Fred and George exclaimed.

"Yes." Professor McGonagall said. "You six will join Professor Hiiragizawa to Japan to learn about another type of magic that might help you later and will enter school there for the month that you will be there. I believe Professor Hiiragizawa also wishes to introduce you to some people and have some of you do a few other things in Japan though what they are he refuses to tell us." McGonagall frowned at that because she disliked not knowing something that was planned for her students. "When you come back here to start the new school year you will also hopefully be coming back with two new students that will be able to assist us."

"So how are we going to be getting to Japan and how are we going to go to school there if we don't speak Japanese?" Ron asked confused. He didn't know who Clow Reed was, but he was apparently a very powerful wizard considering Hermione's reaction.

Eriol smiled and muttered something under his breath and then answered, "We will be going there by the Muggles way of planes. As for the language problem do any of you notice something different?"

Harry frowned before answering, "Your words sound different and so do mine."

"Correct." Eriol said though Harry noted this time is words sounded normal. "I have put a translation spell on you so that you will know Japanese. When you said my words sounded different, I was actually speaking Japanese and you answered me in Japanese. Also there is no need to call me Professor Hiiragizawa. Just calling me Eriol will do and I will be your classmate in Japan."

"When are we leaving then?" Ron asked excitedly.

"Tonight. We will take you back to London and you will take a plane from there to Japan. It will be a very long flight. I imagine none of you save Miss Granger have ever ridden in a plane before so this will be a new experience to show you how Muggles get about. But first you will eat." Dumbledore told them.

The group sat down to eat and from the plates, cups, and bowls on the table steaks, pumpkin juice, and soups. They ate and while they ate the group asked Hermione questions about Clow Reed. "Hermione why where you so shocked that Eriol was the reincarnation of Clow Reed? I admit that anyone being a reincarnation sounds unusual." Ginny said.

"Clow Reed had a very strange background. I don't think he was ever formally trained in magic like we are. He never attended any school for it though he was trained a bit by his mother's family. His mother belong to a Chinese clan of powerful sorcerers and warriors that are still considered to be one of the most powerful magical families in the world. They train their own children rather than sending them to wizarding schools like Hogwarts. His father was an English sorcerer so he attended regular school here in England for quite a while too. But he was born with an extraordinary amount of power and he learned how to use his powers really quickly.

Eventually it he achieved his greatest work. He was said to have combined Eastern and Western magic to create a new type of magic. He sealed the new magic into cards that could do various things when called upon, but the cards also had a life of their own. He also created two beings that would guard the cards and protect him. When he died he sealed the cards into a book. The Clow Cards and Clow Book's whereabouts are unknown and they are considered lost though many people have searched for them including you-know-who."

"Wow! If he was so powerful then how could Voldemort come to power?" Harry asked as the students around him cringed at the name.

"Clow Reed died around when you-know-who was just a child. Though was said to be able to read the future. why he choose not to do anything about it if he saw it happening no one knows though he never concerned himself much with the wizard community." Hermione answered matter-of-factly.

Glancing over his shoulders to glance at boy that was Clow Reed's reincarnation Ron wondered aloud, "I wonder if Eriol knows where the Clow Cards are now. They could come in use against you-know-who if even he search for them."

"The Clow Cards are no more." Eriol said coming up behind the gossiping group. The students turned to look at him.

"What happened to them?" Ginny asked looking shyly at Eriol. He reminded her a lot of Harry especially with his dark good looks and mysterious personality.

"They found a new master." Eriol replied smiling, "We will be going to meet their new master or rather mistress in Japan. I think you will like her. She is a very sweet girl named Sakura Kinomoto."

"But if she still has them then they still exist right? So why did you say they were no more?" Harry asked looking puzzled.

Smiling even wider if possible Eriol told them, "After Sakura captured all the cards after they escaped from the seal, she became the new Card Mistress. But she could not use their power the way they were much longer so she upgraded them and turned them into Sakura Cards."

Hermione's eyes-bugged out at that information. "She upgraded them?!? As in she made them more powerful? They were already considered one of the most powerful magical items in the world."

Eriol nodded his head in reply amused by Hermione's reaction when Ron asked, "So how old is she? She must be really experienced in using magic if she has that much power."

"Sakura is about your age. She started capturing the cards when she was ten. Before that she had never even been exposed to magic much like Harry was not exposed to magic but her boyfriend, Li Syaoran, is a distant relative of mine and was trained in magic since he was old enough to walk and talk." Eriol answered brightly, "But if you are done eating now we must get to London to catch our flight to Japan. You can ask me more about your assignment while we are on our way there. I hope none of you get airsick because I have found out the hard way magic doesn't work on airsickness nor carsickness for that matter."

Hermione and Harry both chuckled at his words though the Weasleys were looking at Eriol with concern since they rarely ever traveled by car and had never traveled by plane and knew very little about it. Smiling confidently up at Eriol, Harry said, "We're done. Let's go. I want to hear more about this assignment." Harry liked Eriol. The fact that he looked and acted more like them than a professor put Harry at ease though he wondered what the rest of the school year would be like and how good of a DADA teacher Eriol would be despite his past incarnation's feats.

When they left the castle they found waiting for them at the Hogwarts grounds' entrance, McGonagall holding a portkey. She handed it to Eriol and told him, "This will take you to Platform nine and three-fourths. Arthur is waiting for you there to drive you to the airport. Do take good care of them Eriol and watch out they are not the most obedient of students though they mean well."

Eriol took the portkey, which was a paper bag from her and nodded his head smiling. The six kids gathered around him and the paper bag each holding onto a small bit of it. At exactly 7:00 P.M. the portkey activated and the group was sent to Kingston Station. Waiting for them on the platform was Arthur Weasley grinning like a Cheshire cat. "I envy you kids getting to ride on an airplane like that." He told the kids as they piled into the car.

As Arthur drove them to the airport Eriol told the kids the reason they were going to Japan. The most important reason was to get Sakura and possibly even Syaoran to return to Hogwarts with them since Voldemort might find out the whereabouts of the Clow Cards now Sakura Cards and go after her. It was safest for Sakura to come to Hogwarts where she could be protected and she could be of some help to them if Voldemort did show up. The other reason that they were to go to Japan Eriol refused to tell them saying, "It's a surprise. It might not even happen but if it does all of you can help in some way though some more than others."

They finally arrived at the airport when Hermione realized, "What about our stuff and won't we need Muggle clothing? I left those at home."

"Your trunks will stay at Hogwarts though you all do have your wands with you correct?" Eriol asked. When they all nodded he continued, "We'll buy you some Muggle clothing when we get to Japan. For now those clothes you are wearing are fine. You will be wearing your school uniform most of the time anyway."

Each of them kept mostly to themselves or talked quietly to each other about mundane things on their way to the airport and on the plane when they were not sleeping. When they arrived in Japan it was late evening. Eriol called for a taxi and it took them all to a large mansion. the six children stared in awe at the mansion but Eriol beckoned them to continue on. He ringed the door bell and waited for the door to open while telling them, "If we're lucky then everything will be already set-up for us and we can just go to bed so that we can go to our first day of school tomorrow, but mostly likely not and we'll have to do some cleaning up first."

The door opened and a young woman with long brown hair tied into a ponytail poked her head out and smiled at them before spotting Eriol and rushing over to him and hugging him, "Oh! You're finally here!"

Eriol smiled up at her and the six children wondered if she was his girlfriend. "Yes, we're here. Now if you could please let go, we would like to go rest and get rid of this jet lag."

"You can't rest yet. " The lady told them, "I haven't finished cleaning them yet."

"So how many rooms are ready?" Eriol asked already dreading the answer.

"None of them." Suppi said flying up to Eriol and landing on his shoulder.

"What is that?" Ron asked pointing to Suppi, "It looks like a talking, flying stuffed animal."

"It's so cute!" Hermione and Ginny exclaimed simultaneously.

Eriol chuckled at the kids' reaction to his guardian knowing that if it had been Kero-chan here he would have probably bitten Ron's finger for calling him a stuffed animal. "Let me introduce you," Eriol said trying to give his guardians some dignity pointing to Suppi he said, "This is Spinal Sun, my sun guardian."

"You can call him Suppi!" Nakuru volunteered.

"And this is Akizuki Nakuru also known as Ruby Moon, my moon guardian." Eriol said continuing his introduction. Pointing to each of the six teenagers Eriol introduced them to his two guardians.

"Those are the guardians? I thought they were supposed to be very powerful." Harry asked Hermione.

Hermione just shrugged when Nakuru bounced up to them and said, "This is just our false form. Our true forms are much more powerful."

"So none of the rooms are ready?" Eriol asked again.

"The furniture is set up but that is about it. You can rest if you make your beds. As soon as Nakuru arrived here he went in search of the Sakura-chan's brother rather than cleaning up. It's a wonder that the furniture is even set up." Suppi commented dryly.

"Well as long as we can rest then it'll be fine." Eriol replied smiling. "I suggest everyone goes to bed now because we need to get up early tomorrow for school."

"I put everyone's uniforms in their rooms and Nakuru already went shopping for clothes for the kids using the sizes of their uniforms. You'll probably be receiving a large credit card bill in the mail sometime later this month." Suppi informed the group as the headed inside the house and up the stairs to find their rooms.

Each of the rooms had a gold nameplate on it with the name of the person it belonged to. All seven wizards entered to a room littered with boxes but at least a clear bed with sheets and blankets piled haphazardly on top. They each made their bed and fell down onto it tired from their plane ride.