Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ Ultimate Techniques? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"An Ultimate Technique?"

Genma nodded to Soun. "Yes. I had considered the Catfist, supposedly an unbeatable technique which allowed the practitioner to fight with feline agility and speed."

Akane frowned, unsuccessfully hiding her jealousy at the thought of learning a special manuever like that.

"Unfortunately," Genma continued, "the next page not only described the idea of training someone in that technique as a moron, but pointed out that the technique is easily defeated by using indirect methods such as throwing a cat toy out."

"Ah, I see," Soun nodded wisely.

"I considered training Ranma in 'Hyuri's Fury' - transforming him into an unstoppable berserker," continued Genma again. "However, that technique also has its flaws." Genma didn't state that his main reason for not teaching that technique to Ranma was that most likely Ranma would be guilty of patricide eventually. Which would seriously put a crimp in his father's plans of living a comfortable and indolent retirement.

"I see," repeated Soun.

"There were many 'Ultimate Techniques' that I considered teaching Ranma. Many were 'Instant Kill' methods like the Hokuto Shin Ken or Shiva's Touch. The problem with those was that I couldn't find the current practitioners of such techniques, much less uncover anything better than a first hand account of having seen the results of the technique."

Soun nodded. This *still* didn't explain why Ranma was not present.

"There were evasion techniques like the Instantaneous Teleport and the Shadowleap, but those evaded me as well. There were hints and rumors of methods to awaken one's full chi potential, the power of magic, or psychic talents within a disciple." Genma sighed deeply and tried to look stoic and dignified.

Kasumi thought that Genma looked constipated and made a note to get some high fiber foods.

"I tracked down rumors of strange and esoteric martial arts manuevers. The 'Hadoken', 'Limbic Kai', 'Drop Dead Gorgeous', 'Soul Fist', 'Sarcophogus Surprise', and many others. Some I was able to have Ranma learn, and add to the boy's arsenal. We travelled to Tibet and India where he studied under masters of chi."

Soun interrupted eagerly. "Wait a moment. Did you learn these methods yourself?"

"Uhm, no, actually. All of the various sensei refused to show me the secret of their craft, and one of them used some manuever on Ranma so that he would only reveal those secrets to a worthy heir."

Nabiki snorted. Well, from what she had seen so far of her father's friend, she could see why some martial arts master would be reluctant to show Genma their secrets. Ranma though must be pretty special or at least promising for them to confide in his son.

"So did you succeed in teaching him an Ultimate Technique?" Soun pressed.

"Well, that would depend on what you mean by an Ultimate Technique..." hedged Genma.

"An Ultimate Technique, also called a Combo, a Hissatsu Waza, a Finishing Move, or a Special Manuever, is either a single manuever which bypasses the target's defenses, or (more often) is actually a set of related moves which are a next stage in martial arts," recited Kasumi with her eyes closed. She read a lot. "They are as advanced above a regular martial art such as judo as a judo master is above an untrained person. Often the Ultimate Technique carries a price - either in difficulty in acquiring the technique, pain and suffering in learning the technique, special bloodlines or ceremonies to even begin learning the technique, mental instability or insanity caused by the technique, demonic or divine possession, quests, an Epic Fate, or some other great hardship which is laid upon the practitioner's karma."

Everyone spent a moment staring at Kasumi as she finished.

"Yes, well," Genma began.

There was a knocking at the front door. Nabiki brightened immediately and began running towards it. This could be Ranma at last.

"Hello, are... you... Ranma?!" Nabiki stared at the tall, muscular, handsome boy. No, not handsome. He was drop dead gorgeous!

The boy sighed deeply, reached down to the fallen girl, and used a pressure point manuever to restart her heart. "Yeah, I'm Ranma Saotome. Sorry about this."