Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ Kittens, Take Two ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

omakeomakeomakeomake

once again with an attempt to radically depart from the standard "Meet The Tendos" opening. Reworking of an earlier attempt.

TAKE TWO: KITTENS OMAKE

Soun nodded to himself as his three daughters dutifully gathered. He schooled himself to try and restrain himself from getting too emotional at this moment. When they were finally settled down, he merely produced the postcard. "Ranma is coming."

*snatch!*

Akane stared at the card now in Nabiki's hands. "He's coming?!" *bounce bounce bounce*

"Oh, thank goodness," Kasumi said, wiping away tears. "I'm not getting any younger, you know."

"Finally! Thank the kami!" Nabiki made a note to visit a temple and light some incense. Ever practical, Nabiki shot a glance at her father. "You'll deal with that father of his?"

Soun nodded, a gleam entering his eyes. Bonds of friendship forged through mutual suffering was one thing, but to harm HIS little girls... Soun Tendo might be a blubbering weenie but he was a blubbering weenie who had his limits.

Kidnapping his little girls so they could be thrown into a pit with some other girls and starved so that Genma could try and teach his son some lame martial arts manuever had not sat well with Soun Tendo. Nope.

Nabiki was mumbling with an eerie light in her eyes. "...and I will pet him and pat him and love him and squeeze him and rub his tummy and..."

Kasumi was listening to Nabiki and nodding. Sounded like a game plan. Akane merely continued to bounce around like Tigger.

A commotion out front served to penetrate Soun's reverie.

"That must be them!" Akane squealed, rushing for the door.

*THWAM* *THWAM* *TRAMPLE* *TRAMPLE*

A panda groaned from the ground where it had been knocked down, then run over. A redhaired girl moaned likewise from the same treatment.

"Where is he?" Kasumi asked, feeling *very* disappointed. "Oh... poor Ranma... I'm sure he hasn't been eating well. I..." *sniff* *sniff*

Akane stopped prowling the compound as well and began sniffing. "That scent!"

Nabiki, with the sharpest senses, dropped next to the girl and began sniffing her. "Smells like Ranma - but the hormones are different."

"oooooo." The redhead propped herself up and tried to focus on the fuzzy shape sniffing at her. "Nabiki?! I..."

Nabiki was joined by her two sisters who continued to sniff. After the girl passed out again, a decision was reached.

-----------

Ranma awoke and shot to the ceiling in a single motion.

Nabiki looked up at where Ranma was clinging to the ceiling. "Nyaa. I told you not to groom him *there*, Akane."

Akane merely smiled and licked her lips.

Kasumi merely crouched down and prepared to spring.

"Hey, waitaminute, I..." Ranma managed before three catgirls pounced on him and commenced cuddling.

Soun watched for a few moments, wiping tears from his eyes. "That's the way! Don't take no for an answer. Ah, you do your father proud!"

"What are they doing, Tendo?" Genma mumbled from where his head had been imbedded in the ceiling.

"Well, Saotome, you know how the Master cast that spell on my wife - turning her into a semihuman animal? And how my daughters are fortunately more human than Kimiko ended up, but are still catgirls?"

More mumbling from Genma that sounded like an agreement. After all, it had been that cute lil' catgirl Ukyo who had thrown the martial arts training manual in that canal. With the ink wet and pages stuck together, Genma had needed to rely on educated guesses as to the contents.

"Well, legally, they can't marry Ranma," said Soun in a sad voice. "Not in Japan, anyway. Yet. However, he *can* adopt them as his pets and if children develop it will prove that they *are* human. Tails and ears and fur and claws not withstanding."

"mmmmmf!" Genma protested.

"By the way, Saotome, I just made a few calls." Soun smiled at how well his daughters were getting along with Ranma. There may be new kits on the way before long, at least if Akane had *her* say in the matter. Such a perverted little kitty she was.

"Calls?" Genma said, still trying to get his head out of the ceiling.

"Yes. When you rounded up all those daughters of victims of Happosai's 'sexpet curse' experiments to use that pit of catgirls, you certainly made an impression on them and their families. Did it work, by the way?"

"Uhmm. No. Not really," said Genma from his position. "Instead of being starved for three days and then attacking my son to get the fish sausages tied to his body, they instead apparently took the sausages off and cuddled with him to get warm and due to some odd affectionate instinct. I tried everything, Tendo. Fish paste, salmon cakes, catnip. I starved them for almost a week once. They didn't attack him. They *bonded* with him. It got so that he was begging to be thrown into the pit just so he 'could feed the kitties'. Shameful. What a worthless son!"

"And then, when they tried to escape *with* Ranma, you beat them down," said Soun, eyeing his friend as if the overweight man was a pinata and the shinnai in his hands would be used to break it open.

"I *had* to, Tendo! It was for the sake of The Art!" Genma paused in his efforts to work himself free. "Errr. Waitaminute. What phone calls?"

"Oh, that cute lil kitten Ukyo works nearby," said Soun casually. "Then there's those girls from Juuban. Though I don't expect those girls from that village of warrior catgirls (Nekojoketsuzoku?) to arrive here for quite some time yet."

*DING DONG!*

Genma froze as the front doorbell rang. Then, on hearing an angry feminine voice, finally managed to rip his head free of the ceiling. He had to reach up to pull his glasses out, and the sight that was then revealed was *not* very comforting.

There was the lionlike Katsumi, err, Kasumi. Pleasant little smile on her face while she looked on. There was the housecatlike Nabiki, eyes narrowed and gleaming. There was the tiger-striped Akane, teeth gleaming and claws extended.

There was also a number of other girls: some catgirls, a foxgirl, a pair of bunnygirls, a mousegirl, and a few other types. All looking very very peeved.

Soun sighed and cleared out of the way. "Comfort yourself with this, Saotome. My daughters and your son will likely get along very well. And what they do to you is only practice for when and if the Master ever returns. Girls? Try to clean up after you're done."

"Tendo?" Genma blinked as his old buddy Soun walked off without a backwards glance. He couldn't actually be...

Somehow Genma *knew* that the Crouch of the Wild Tiger wasn't going to get him out of this.

------click------

Kuno stood before the gates of the school. Here were the two abominations, joined by their sister this time! Clearly this could not be tolerated.

"Hold, thou mockeries of humanity! The noble Tatewaki Kuno defends this institution from thy influence! The Blue Thunder of Furinkan High shall not tolerate thy presence in the hallowed halls of learning. Animals such as yourselves need only learn obediance to thy master, and the great Blue Thunder doth think that only he can put thee in thy proper place."

"Geez, is this guy fond of hearing himself talk or what?" Ranma frowned as he noticed how the girls had cringed at this guy's posturing. What had this moron done to them?

"You there!" Kuno pointed his bokken at the boy standing with the catgirls. "How dare you address these subhumans so familiarly. Only by being properly owned by myself can their fate be salvaged!"

"Huh? Oh, I'm Ranma Saotome. Anything Goes School of Martial Arts. And well..."

Akane saw the chance for mischief and to distance herself from Kuno. Just because she *was* a fierce tigress didn't mean she wanted to have Kuno keep up with this stuff. "He's staying with us. And he's my little Ranma-chan!" *GLOMP!* *SNUGGLE!* *PURRRRRRRRR!*

"Hey! Waitaminute!" Ranma protested but it was too late. "I never agreed to..."

*GLOMP!* *GLOMP!*

Steam practically shot out of Kuno's ears as he saw the three catgirls hugging themselves to this interloper. "You... you... FIEND! I SHALL SMITE THEE!"

Three cats looked up as one, letting go of Ranma.

*SLICE!* *BITE!* *SLASH!*

Kuno was still staring at the nub of his bokken, his clothes falling shredded around him, while Kasumi delicately cleaned the blood from her mouth where she'd bitten his arm. "ouch..."

Akane grabbed the front of Kuno's hakama and dragged his head down to eye level with her. Her ears were back, her teeth were bared, her eyes narrowed, and her claws were fully extended. She didn't look happy, in other words. "Kuno. How *dare* you threaten my Ranma!"

"...but I wanted to be the one to defeat him in a casual yet aggravating manner," sulked Ranma.

Akane glared deeply into Kuno's eyes. "You threaten my Ranma again and you'll regret it."

"...*our* Ranma," corrected Nabiki. She was the neko ninja, after all. Akane would likely hurt Kuno, whereas Nabiki could be very clever in her means of vengeance.

Kuno broke out of the hold, leaving Akane clutching a torn piece of cloth in her hand. "I shall not tolerate this! I..."

"Hurrrrr?! Someone's threatening *my* Ranchan?" Cute little kitten Ukyo's eyes were slits as she stalked forward, having just arrived, transfer papers getting tucked into her bookbag.

"Morons is for killing," suggested Shampoo, stalking forward with Ukyo.

"Morons is for killing?" Ukyo said speculatively.

"It has a ring to it," agreed Akane.

"Morons is for killing," mused Nabiki, picturing t-shirts with the logo. Hmmm.

Kuno pulled a spare bokken out of nowhere. "Know that you face the undefeated Blue Thunder. I shall prove my prowess and free thee of this unwanted ownership. Then we may..."

Battle auras flared. Claws were extended. Tatewaki Kuno got hurt.

Ranma sulked some more. "...but *I* wanted to fight..."

Meanwhile, Akane (acting on ancient instincts) was currently digging a nice big hole to drag the school's unconscious star kendoist in.

It was instinct, of course. Not planned at all. Nope. Akane was a nice kitty after all. The others joining in was also likely just instinct.

Right?
--------------