Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ Yet Another Worse Father Than Genma ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"A *Worse* Father Than Genma?" Raideen asked, wanting to make sure he'd heard right. "Or do you mean a *Better* Father Than Genma?"

"It sort of altered as it went along," admitted Toltiir. "People like Sailor Pluto whom you'd expect to be poor parents, and they're doing a better job than the original father: Genma Saotome."

Hesta clucked softly. "I think altering the three Tendo girls would be more interesting. Their mother's death alters the three. The oldest tries to become the perfect Japanese housewife, like her mother. The middle goes into a moneyhungry mercenary possessive mode where everything is seen in terms of profit. The youngest is a creature of passionate rage and self-absorbed ego. How easy it would be to alter it so that the kernel that forms the basis for their later development shifted to another focus."

"Maybe some other time," Toltiir said, though admitting that Hesta's idea had some merit. The idea of a Kasumi who was off at college or work when Ranma arrived, or a Nabiki who was a rabid manga artist/fangirl, or an Akane who was studying to be a concert pianist - it had some definite appeal.

"With the test point being when Ranma meets the Tendos for the first time," said Raideen thoughtfully. "Well, if you want a potentially nasty possibility, and as long as this is just a simulation. What if I got *this* individual to be Ranma's guardian and sensei."

"You could do that?" Toltiir was a little surprised. "I didn't know you knew him."

"He owes a favor to someone who owes a favor to me," Raideen supplied.


--------

Son Of A Worse Father Omake, by Gregg Sharp

DISCLAIMER: Original characters by others put through my blender.

--------

Genma whistled happily. He had just sold Ranma, soon he was going to steal him back. A simple enough transaction. It's not like a sophisticated Japanese citizen like himself couldn't outmaneuver some gaijin peasant.

"Pop?! You *sold* me?!" Ranma stared, wondering why he had to have a father who was such an idiot.

"It's for your own good boy," exclaimed Genma. Now he had the cash needed to rent a house, get that pit dug, fill it with all the cats in the neighborhood, and he'd be ready to teach Ranma the Cat Fist.

The fat man nodded. "Nine years learning what I can teach you of martial arts. Then you go back to your father for one year before you make a choice as to what path to take."

"NINE YEARS?!" From a five year old's perspective, nine years was an eternity.

Genma smirked. Two days tops, then Ranma would learn this invincible style. By the time this idiot realized Ranma was gone, they'd be far far away.

Ranma watched his father leave with a certain degree of horror. He'd been sold before, but not like this. NINE YEARS?! By the time he got done with that he'd be... OLD!!

"Your father tells me you want to be the greatest martial artist in the world," said the fat man. "Is that what *you* want? It will be long and painful."

The boy drew himself up and jerked his thumb towards his chest. "Yup! I'm gonna be the BEST!"

"Hmmph," said the fat man, blurring as suddenly the land around Ranma blurred as well.

"Aghhh!" Ranma managed before mainly getting imbedded in the ground by really high gravity.

The fat man, now colored blue and having long trailing antennae that somehow gave him a "catfish" sort of appearance tsked at the sight. "Well, I'm going to fix dinner. If you're hungry, I'll leave a plate out."

"Nnnngh," Ranma said, trying to crawl forward. "Uhnnnn."

The fat man looked back. "If not, I'll have to see if Piccolo can take over your training until you're ready to start some *serious* martial arts training."

"Unnngghhh!" Ranma tried to move repeatedly, feeling squished by his own body weight. "Hey, I'm... Ranma Saotome... and I don't..."

---------

Close up of a calender as the pages begin blowing away in the breeze, cue music:

"With the same foolishness as walking blindly through a maze,
I stepped straight into a world containing only heartache,
Forever chasing an endless dream."

Images of a little boy growing up, being given a lot of very tough training by a tall green fellow with pointed ears and antennae by the name of Piccolo Daimioh.

"Don't waste your time,
All day, all night, all the time."

The prior images are replaced by images of the boy of about twelve, now much tougher and more muscular, chasing first a monkey and then a beetle like creature while the catfish-man (Kaioh-sama) watches.

"Don't waste your love,
It's a truth which never lets go."

Ranma is shown sparring with one figure after another, some male, some female, some human-like, some far from it.

"Break the darkness,
Break it through the night!"

Ranma is shown getting the snot beaten out of him by a short guy with spiky black hair and a very big attitude. As the music fades out, he holds up a sign that reads: [Maybe I can settle for being just really damn good?]

----------

Light flared and Ranma walked through the shimmer without a backwards glance at his "fathers" for the past few years. Piccolo, Kaioh-sama, Vegita. Not exactly a group that was into goodbyes or touchy-feely exhibitions.

Now all he had to do was find his biological parent. Someone he frankly wasn't that fond of. Genma had sold him off. Now he had a year to find him and decide whether to return to where he could be one of the elite Z Warriors or stay here and...

Ranma spat as he considered what Kaioh-shin-sama had said. His father wanted him to be a martial artist that could be pushed around, who could provide for his overweight lazy father by being bossed around and engaged to some "destined fiancee" who was going to push him around and insult him all the time.

Some of the people were staring at him. He was wearing the black sleeveless outfit he'd gotten from Kaioh-shin-sama. Since it would regenerate from darn near dust, it was his most practical outfit. He had no idea how many of the red practice uniforms he'd gone through.

Then he felt it. Several high chi signatures, though they felt a little off. One big dark chi, and a something else. Perfect. He could use a good fight, it always settled his nerves.

--------

"Ahahahahahahaha," laughed Jedite. He wondered why he hadn't thought of using spiders as the basis for youma previously. "You fell into my trap, Sailor Moron! Now, youma, slay them all!"

Four little girls who hadn't been fighting evil for very long screamed as a slavering eight limbed giant spider began moving towards them while they were stuck within webbing.

"Oh man, this is pathetic." *SQUISH!*

The four girls screamed again, this time because bug splat had just flown out from a point of impact.

A fifteen year old boy straightened up and regarded Jedite. "Was this *your* monster?"

Jedite saw all the energy this boy had and realized how much Beryl would reward him for capturing it. "Yes. And your energy belongs to the Dark Kingdom!"

Ranma grunted as the pain of a chi-draining technique hit him. ~Well, classify him as the bad guy. Hitting him with a chi attack would probably be a bad thing. That leaves physical attacks. Too bad: for him.~

Jedite had a moment to blink before the boy was suddenly in front of him, a fist heading for his face at high speed.

*CRUNCH!* (Fade, dissolve.)

"Fire... soul..." Mars finally wiggled loose enough to beginning burning webs away.

Jupiter got a good look at their rescuer as the tension cut from her prison. Tall. Muscular in lean way. Deep blue eyes. Ruggedly handsome. Tall. Thick hair. Healthy looking. Tall. Exquisitely sexy. Talking to Mercury.

Jupiter blinked. How had Mercury got there before her?!

"Hi there, I'm Sailor Mercury. Thank you for rescuing us!" She looked up into those blue eyes and found an addition to her previous activities was mandated. Study, plan to be a doctor, and now - get a studly boyfriend!

"Excuse me," said Mars, sliding into place and somehow cutting in front of Mercury. "I just wanted to thank you personally, maybe we could get dinner."

"Hey," exclaimed Jupiter, feeling left out and trying to cut in front of Mars.

"It was a pretty wimpy monster," said Ranma sadly. "I didn't get a chance to really unload."

"Oh we get those all the time," said Jupiter, thinking quickly. "They're always attacking around here. If you want to stick around you can kill the next one too!"

Ranma turned a joyous smile on the green-clad girl that caused four little girls' hearts to melt into puddles. "Really? All right! Thanks!"

---------

Calendar pages start flying by in the breeze again, though slower than the first time.

Scenes of Ranma out on dates with most of the Senshi, with Ranma looking puzzled for the most part. Ranma getting into big fights and enjoying himself immensely. Ranma flattening Dark Generals. Ranma using a Kamehameha Kaioh-ken San Bai Da to open up a section of Beryl's base so that the Senshi don't have to deal with annoying youma.

The Senshi practically falling apart when Ranma announces he's leaving again to find his father.

Ami finding his mother after Ranma leaves and announcing herself as Ranma's girlfriend. Followed by Makoto discovering what Ami has done and announces that *she* is also Ranma's girlfriend. Followed in its own turn by Minako announcing that she's Ranma's fiancee! Nodoka Saotome dancing around with little fans because her son is *so* manly.

The Doom Tree saga occurs, Ranma crosses paths with the Senshi again. More fight sequences. Ranma is introduced to his mother. His mother starts hinting very strongly that any of the four girls trying to marry him would be a good catch.

Sailor Pluto wanders in, checks the effect on Crystal Tokyo, starts actively trying to fix Ranma up with ANY of the Senshi.

Genma is found in a wharfside bar in Yokohama. The name Tendo Dojo comes up.

--------

A fairly sizable house in Tokyo's suburb of Nerima, where the occasional odd thing was known to happen.

"WHAT?!!!"

Such as the house visibly shaking from three girls exclaiming at once.

"You've never met him?" Akane looked at her father as if she could scarcely believe this latest development. On second thought, considering that bit with the "make millions in your own home" get rich quick scheme he'd bought into, maybe it wasn't that far a reach.

"Nope. Genma lost track of his boy for several years, but now they've been reunited and he's bringing his son by." Soun smiled at how well they were taking it.

"Father, father, father," Kasumi shook her head. "I hope he's not younger than me. Younger men are so... boring." How odd: as soon as she said that she could swear that she heard a cat laughing in the distance.

A voice spoke from the front lawn. "This better not be a trick, old fool."

"That must be Ranma," said Nabiki, already moving at high speed towards the door.

A moment later she ran *back* into the living room. "THERE'S A MONSTER IN THE FRONT YARD!"

The recipient of a Yeti-carrying-an-eel-and-duck-riding-a-bull curse shouldered his way through the front door and looked around at everyone. [Hi Soun. Brought the boy.]

The young man walked in and caused three girls to almost forget that there was a huge misshapen monster in their living room. He was tall and buff and studly and dressed in a school uniform. "Can someone get some hot water so that he can talk at least. Not that I really want to *hear* anything after that last bonehead manuever."

"Muaaaaw," said the creature, somehow managing to sound angry and upset.

"Are you?" Soun looked over the figure and felt a ki signature radiating off this boy that was stronger than even the Master's. Dare he hope?

"I'm Ranma Saotome. You're Tendo-san. I think my Pop wanted me to challenge your dojo, he hasn't told me *why* it's so important to come here yet." Ranma looked them all over. Pathetic. Not one decent fight to be had here.

Kasumi ducked to her kitchen to fetch hot water and not incidently hide her blush.

Nabiki was eyeing the boy in the tight uniform, realizing that it was probably so tight because they didn't make them in his size, and that he made all of the boys at Furinkan look like starving dogs. He certainly passed the studmuffin test, now if he could just give some indication of how intelligent or wealthy he was.

Akane gaped. She was able to read some level of martial arts skill, thereby knowing exactly how much force to use against her horde of "admirers" without permanent injury, but what she was reading just could not be real! Could it? How to get him out to the dojo so she could check? Ah, he thought he was here for a challenge?

"At last you're... URK!" Soun attempted to do a flying crying glomp, a more difficult manuever than it sounded. He ran into a hand that was considerably harder than concrete. Soun Tendo went night-night.

"Was that the challenge?" Ranma sounded puzzled. He was a trained martial artist. If attacked, he would defend himself before he even registered what was going on. Had someone tried to catch him unawares?

"Okay, then I challenge you!" Akane smirked. Not only would she be able to see how good this guy was, once she'd beaten him this engagement would be off.

"Fine. Where?" Ranma shrugged. Maybe this girl was concealing her power. Really really really well.

"Dojo. Now!" Akane's smirk went to a nearly feral grin. She loved it when a plan came together.

The minotaur was looking panicked (as a matter of fact, he had adopted a pose recognizable as "The Scream" to art enthusiasts) before he started waving a sign around (accidently imbedding it briefly in the ceiling). [Don't do it! You'll die!]

Nabiki went briefly into the kitchen and came back with some beans to throw at the obvious oni that had come to visit if he caused any more damage to the house.

Ranma walked into the dojo and stretched. He wondered where the repellor and hardening fields were. Otherwise this place would be way too flimsy to be a *real* dojo.

"Ready," said Akane, getting into position and pose.

"Whenever you are," replied Ranma. When was this little girl going to show her power? She was certainly confident enough.

"Hiyaaaa," Akane started forward.

Ranma's arm seemed to blur for a second.

--------

Nabiki and Kasumi gaped as the minotaur grabbed the kettle, upended it over himself, and turned into a portly man with evil piggy little eyes.

"Thank you. I am Genma Saotome," said the man, bowing slightly.

"Genma! So good to see you," Soun exclaimed, holding an ice pack to his head.

"No time, we've got to save your daughter's life!" Genma turned and began a dash towards the dojo.

Ranma came out of the dojo, someone draped over his shoulder. "Man. She *sucks.*"

"Aaaaa! My little daughter is dead!" Soun began wailing.

"Pop, why did you want me to challenge this dojo? I stopped her with a forehead flick. This wouldn't even make a decent warmup."

"Oooo," said Akane. "I'll try the red dress, mommy."

Akane was quickly laid down and got Soun's ice pack on her forehead.

"Well, son, these are my daughters. This is Kasumi, she's 19. This is Nabiki, she's 17. This is Akane, she's 16. Pick whichever one you like..." Soun noticed Genma making shushing gestures behind Ranma's back.

Ranma made a face. "I'm not a cannibal, Mister Tendo."

"That wasn't what he meant," began Nabiki.

"Oh?" Ranma thought a bit then brightened. "Oh! This is like that society on Yellow Island, isn't it? Oh well that's different! I was worried there for a moment."

Kasumi's blush increased as the boy eyed Nabiki and herself for a few moments.

"...but I don't like brussel sprouts," Akane informed everyone during the silence.

"You two are actually okay with this?" Ranma asked. The one girl was blushing and looking down at the floor. Kinda like Ami. The other met his eyes and seemed to be a bit more like Rei.

"Family honor is involved," said Kasumi, though she was really hoping more would be involved.

"Well, I'd kind of like to get to know you first," said Nabiki after continuing to consider this boy.

Ranma shrugged. "Okay. Fine."

"You're going to choose which one to be your wife?" Soun asked in the silence.

"HUH?!" Ranma was flabbergasted. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"...boys are icky! I like girls." Akane said in a little girl's voice.

"What did you think he meant?" Nabiki wondered aloud.

"You know like Yellow Island," said Ranma absently, giving his father a look that seemed to promise unspeakable violence was in the offing. "You defeat a dojo there, you get one of the students to be your indentured servant for five years during which time you take them on as a student as well - then they go back and make their own dojo stronger or they renew for another five years."

"No, the arrangement was to marry one of my daughters. So which will it be?" Soun wondered where Yellow Island was. If the Master had ever gone there he'd likely never have come back.

Ranma considered something, then doused his father with cold water. "You're able to take more punishment as a minotaur, Pops."

The minotaur turned to flee but was stopped by Ranma grabbing his tail. The minotaur's churning hooves began to seriously tear up the floor.

Ranma held up a finger. "Let's see. There was the 'I need to gauge your skill level so I'm going to take you to this *cursed* training ground in China' crap. Remember *that* good idea, Oyaji? If you'd gotten me cursed the Beijing circus would have a stuffed minotaur on exhibit, you know? Then there was the Amazon village, remember that one? Oh yeah, 'let my son fight off the entire damn village because I couldn't keep my hands off the feast' or something along those lines wasn't it?"

"Huh?" Akane sat up abruptly, then winced and wished she hadn't. "Hey! I'm not beaten yet! I... how did I get into the living room?"

"Mister Tendo, did you know that my *Mom* is the 'head of clan' for my family? Carries the sword and everything. If she doesn't give her approval, it doesn't happen. She's *already* engaged me." Ranma explained this while casually keeping the minotaur in place.

"WHAT?! GENMA! IS THIS TRUE?" Soun glared at his old friend.

"Excuse me, but he's had this coming for awhile." Ranma let the minotaur go momentarily, then re-snagged him in the back yard. With a quick flick of his arm, he launched the minotaur into the air.

"Hey, you, our fight isn't over yet!" Akane didn't want to admit defeat until this guy moved at least. The last time he'd just stood there as far as she could tell.

"Ka ME!" Ranma brought his hands back and cupped them, looking at the distant speck in the sky. "Ha ME!" A bright glow formed and then filled the space between his hands.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" Akane started forward then realized what she was looking at. "Oh."

"HA!" Ranma wasn't bothering with a powered up version of the kamehameha. The basic was enough. Turning, he addressed the Tendo patriarch, beginning to hover in the air preparatory to flying off. "Just letting you know. Three strikes. He's out. It'll probably take him a day or two to get back."

Soun considered. "So, uhm, which daughter did you..."

"Oh he wants..." Kasumi blinked repeatedly. Three strikes and he was willing to blast his father somewhere out into the Sea Of Japan. What would be left of her house if Ranma was engaged to Akane with *her* temper? (Sudden image of her sweeping out a bomb crater.) "Nabiki! Definitely Nabiki." Nabiki needed someone to rein her in, so this was a perfect arrangement.

Nabiki looked at the boy hovering in midair. She tried manipulating or pushing this boy around and he'd push *back!* And she didn't like hospitals. Admittedly Akane had attacked *him* and he hadn't done much, but could she keep control of a situation with a guy who could fly and throw energy bolts?! "Akane! He definitely wants Akane!" Akane was the toughest physically out of all of them. If any of them could survive the courtship, it would be Akane! Besides, Akane needed someone she could beat on who wouldn't get injured.

Akane blinked repeatedly. A martial artist who could throw energy bolts and fly? Then her earlier estimate had been correct? The throbbing headache was caused by someone so good he could *casually* defeat her? He'd HIT her? No way would *she* end up with someone like that! Nobody could hurt Kasumi though! She was too sweet and gentle for anyone to harm. "Kasumi! He wants Kasumi!"

Soun blinked, thinking back to an earlier statement. Maybe if they got a chance to know each other? And if Ranma's mother got to know the girls, then surely they'd win her heart. "Why not go with that Yellow Island thing?"

Kasumi blinked in the middle of pushing Nabiki forward. Nabiki stopped trying to push Akane forward. Akane stopped trying to push Kasumi forward. "WHAT?!"

--------

Kasumi looked sadly back at her house. Nabiki sniffled at the thought of dismantling her network of spies, informants, and purchasing agents. Akane grumbled LOTS.

"I can't believe we were sold off like that, there are laws you know!" Akane was not a happy camper by any stretch of the imagination.

"At least we get out of it during school time," said Nabiki. "Though I've got to rebuild everything at Crossroads Senior."

Kasumi turned and began trudging along, the picture of dejection.

"Well, when I start training you, you'll be able to fly here during your off time."

Kasumi came to a complete stop and stared up at Ranma, pictures of Peter Pan flitting through her head. "Fly?"

"Yeah, you said something about taking us on as students, didn't you?" Nabiki considered what it would be like if *she* could fly. The business opportunities were high.

"So you're our sensei?" Akane mused. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

"Yeah, I didn't realize I'd be taking on so many students," said Ranma from where he hovered.

"Many?" Nabiki asked.

"NI HAO, AIREN!" A crowd of girls in Chinese clothes exclaimed in unison.

"How am I gonna explain *this* to Mom?" Ranma asked the heavens.