Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ Another Setting To Explore ( Chapter 37 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yet Another VERY Different Ranma Setting:
(i came up with this for the "furventure" and it seemed to have possibilities. Packaged as an omake for your enjoyment and greater circulation.)

---------

Sailor Moon held the Silver Imperial Crystal over her head, feeling the power all of her Senshi were putting into her for this last attack.

The aliens had come in without anyone noticing until they'd passed lunar orbit. One had remained behind, hovering over the area labelled the Sea Of Serenity.

The other fifty two ships had spread out in geosynchronous orbit at an altitude of 22,300 miles. Each ship was a yellow brick, 20 miles long by 5 miles wide by 3 miles high. They hung in the air in just the way that yellow bricks should not be able to. Which immediately had people buying up copies of "Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy" and wondering if a hyperspace bypass was about to be put into place.

The aliens had *not* started killing anyone. Missiles and bombs they ignored within impenetrable force fields.

The only reaction they'd gotten had been from Sailors Neptune and Uranus teleporting inside the forcefield and attacking.

After that, Neptune and Uranus had been returned and the aliens had begun processing Earth's population. Michiru, oddly enough, had been the one to place a name to the events going on.

Women were vanishing and returned as changed as Neptune and Uranus had been. Michiru called them "furries" though not all of the transformees had fur and not all of them had started out as women. It was also one of the disagreements between Haruka and Michiru apparently. Michiru liked the concept, Haruka did not.

To stop this, and to keep from scratching the transfurred Haruka behind the ears, Sailor Moon transformed to Neo-Princess Serenity. Of course, as the other Senshi had been among the first altered, it was currently Neo Elven Princess Serenity.

Sailor Pluto was the first to feel the "off" note in the song put forth by the Eternal Silver Millenium Crystal even as the energy built up. On looking closer she saw it as a slight discoloration. In a moment she'd realized what had happened. "NOOOOOOO! Usagi! They've attached a virus progra-"

The world went awash in white light.

---------

The aliens were really alien. Very little of their mental architecture would have been understood by a human. One thing they had in common with humans was curiosity. Another was vengeance. They left a few marble-sized observation satellites behind and they retreated to the Oort Cloud to speculate and observe.

---------

Ranma got up and quietly freaked. Which was different from his usual "cling to the ceiling screaming" reaction to such situations, but he didn't immediately realize it.

Perhaps it was the constant chaos in his life, perhaps it was the constant blows to his head, perhaps it was the possibility of brain damage that would explain so much of his regular behavior, but he immediately noticed that something was different this morning.

First off, he was in bed. This was *very* different as a futon was what he normally considered luxurious bedding. A four post bed like that Crane guy had? Though it was a lot firmer than he'd expected.

Someone else *in* bed with him was not quite so rare. Shampoo had been known to sneak in there from time to time.

Short *young* girl curled up in a little ball with her tail tucked around her, otherwise wearing a set of pajamas? Nope. Never happened before. Ranma would have remembered it.

"Masterrrrrr," purred the girl, sliding herself so that she was nestled up against him despite his movement.

Nope. Never happened to him before. This kind of would have stood out. Even in his life. Still, there was something about the girl that just seemed overwhelmingly *cute* and kind of disarming. So instead of leaping from the bed, screaming in terror, he just got up and quietly moved to the window.

There were a couple of girls wearing next-to-nothing playing tennis in the court on the first floor. There was a swimming pool with two girls sunning themselves and two others swimming. Like the one in his bed, they had tails and funny ears. Among other things.

Ranma carefully considered this and decided not to faint. Especially as one of the tennis players *did* look familiar. Though Nabiki hadn't had tail or ears like that yesterday.

Oh, wait a minute. That was right. He'd been watching the news yesterday just before Akane had hit him. Something about aliens. It sure didn't seem likely that it was just some weirdness from Happosai. In fact, it was kind of odd. He didn't see the old perv anywhere and with this much female flesh showing - you'd think he'd be all over the place.

-------

Happosai sighed deeply. The furries were nice and all, but he missed *human* women. Still, with any luck, if those government people were right - Ranma had a good chance at fathering *lots* of human babies. In payment for not stressing Ranma, and thereby messing up his fertility, they had given Happosai this.

Sighing again, Happosai went back to his job as Quality Control Inspector #6 at the Playtech Lingerie Factory.

It was a dirty job but someone had to do it.

-------

"Looking for more pets for your son? Doesn't he already have enough?" The dog-girl behind the counter cocked her head at her customer. At the SPCAG (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Anthropomorph Girls) the welfare of the pet was paramount.

Nodoka softly disagreed. "He *is* quite manly."

"Well, because he *is* the infamous Ranma Saotome, I suppose its okay." The dog-girl made an adjustment on the computer screen. "Hmmmm. Animal Control picked up a stray yesterday, she's had her shots and spent the night being taught. Ranma doesn't have any bird anthros does he?"

"No, he doesn't," said Nodoka, tail coming up behind her in a curious pose. "A stray?"

"Yeah. Probably flew in from China, though most bird-girls can't manage that long a flight." The dog-girl hit a couple of screens. "Name of Kiima. From the capture team's report she's a bit of a fighter."

Nodoka nodded. "Interesting. Though I was particularly interested in those with domestic and cosmetic skills."

"Let's see what we have available," said Goldie, loading the appropriate file.

-------

Ranma was not the brightest of fellows. He only really shone in a martial arts battle, and even then he rarely fought at anywhere near his full potential.

Still, just a few minutes here had allowed him to determine several things.

1) He was the only guy in the mansion. He was *lord* of the mansion in fact. Though it appeared that the mansion was actually provided for him by the government - and why they were doing this he had no idea. His question had just caused one of the girls to blush and start stammering.
2) He was the only one, here at least, to remember things being different, which kinda gave the whole thing some Twilight Zone sorta feel.
3) Every girl he knew was here. Sorta. And some more besides. They were just not quite *human* anymore.

The three daughters Tendo were mousegirls. Shampoo was a catgirl. Ukyo was a dog-girl. Kodachi was another catgirl.

Actually, as they looked like humans with ears and tails added, the physical changes weren't nearly as startling as the *mental* changes. Kodachi was a nice girl and the gardener? Ukyo was his clan retainer?! Shampoo not only got along with Akane - she was her sensei in the martial arts?!

Then there were these *other* girls! Hotaru had been the little mousegirl in bed with him, apparently she did that frequently - especially when scared. There was this genius mousegirl named Ami who operated the computer thingie, network?, that kept the house running. He had a set of guards named Minako, Makoto, Rei, and Usagi? He had a chauffer named Haruka? A violinist and chambermaid named Michiru? A head maid named Setsuna? Who were these girls?!

"Master Ranma," came the gentle voice of Michiru as the catgirl gently interrupted his reverie. "Mister Katsuga is here from the Department Of Reclamation."

-------

Ranma sat down, not sure what to expect, but by this time knowing darn well that yelling and carrying on wouldn't get him anything. Though there was still a certain amount of shock going on.

"Mister Saotome," said the guy in the dark suit, setting a briefcase down. "I'm just here to keep you informed about some recent developments. Wouldn't want to keep you from your 'duties' - after all."

"No, ah, of course not."

"I'm Agent Katsuga. I'll be filling in for Agent Yamano while he's on vacation." The black suited guy folded his sunglasses and put them away. "The thing is, we believe the Middle Eastern Alliance will be trying another kidnapping attempt on you - specifically your girl side."

"Ah, yeah. Why?"

The Agent blinked. "Uhm. Right. Breeding purposes, Mister Saotome. They have the same data we do."

Ranma blinked. "What data is that?"

Agent Katsuga sent a curious look towards Michiru who merely shrugged and went back to filing her claws. "O-kay. Mister Saotome, your cursed form represents the only pure human woman left in the world since the Nazi Doomsday Virus was found and unleashed in the '60s. While the anthros were developed as placeholders for womankind, they've developed into something more - and there is no reason to believe they'll be 'phased out' if you've been listening to certain radicals. However - you and your cursed form can be utilized in one of two ways to bring back human women."

"Hah?" Ranma felt nauseous as on some level he realized what was coming.

"We have allied with several other nations to provide protection and an environment where you can breed with your anthros, and our computer models show that interaction with your curse provides an 80% chance of human daughters developing." Katsuga loosened his collar, as he had not expected the conversation to develop this way. "Whereas the MEA is out to capture you for direct breeding."

"Eeeeewwwww," summed up Ranma.

"That's a lot of people's opinions, actually," admitted Katsuga. "Anyway, I wanted to give you that message personally and see to it that your security staff was alerted."

---------

"At last, I'm here!" Ryouga gestured defiantly at the heavens. "Ranma, prepare to die!"

*Click-click* *clickety-click* *snick-clak* *chk-clk*

Ryouga slowly lowered his fist and noted that every bush, shrub, tree, window, and a few places he didn't think could conceal anyone were all pointing guns in his direction. "Sorry. Uhm, Ryouga Hibiki. Ranma's expecting me."

"Master?" A black/white dog-girl came running up. "Master! You ran off again!"

"Shirokuro?! When did you get..." Ryouga wasn't sure how to put it. Talkative? Bipedal?! Wearing a tour guide uniform?!

Akari came running up a moment later, long cat's tail swaying behind her. "Ryouga-sama! You shouldn't joke around like that."

Ryouga stared between the two, then at the mansion. "Ranma. This is all your fault. I don't know *what.* I don't know *why.* I sure as anything don't know *how.* But it's got to be your fault. Somehow."

--------

Ranma stared at absolutely nothing in particular.

He had a mansion. He had a chauffer. He had *bodyguards*. All because every other victim of Jusenkyo documented before him changed into an anthro-girl. He turned into a human girl. Everyone expected that when he got around to fathering kids, most likely (something called a probability study model) the curse would cause him to produce daughters. Human daughters.

So he was expected to...

Everyone was counting on him to...

He had to...

Gee, nothing like a little pressure here was there?

So he, Ranma Saotome of the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts, had the Tendo girls. Also Shampoo. As well as Ukyo. And Kodachi. All of whom got along more or less pretty well. And apparently expected to...

He also had some others selected for other reasons. Some of his bodyguards were those Sailor Senshi from Juuban (and here he'd thought they was just urban myths or something). Among others.

He had to have fallen into one of those parallel world thingies, right? Or that Rod Serling guy was gonna step outta nowhere and explain this was all some Twilight Zone thingie, or some Candid Camera stunt maybe. Right? Please?

He had other problems. Azusa Shiratori was apparently this catburglar girl who kept trying to call him Alphonse and kidnap him in order to...

And she wasn't the only one.

Ranma started twitching as the full weight of his situation slowly penetrated. Uhm. Bad choice of words there. Serious problems with the way things were turning out.

No matter where he went in the damn mansion, he was being ogled at. Or various girls would be offering to help him. Akane in the furo. Kasumi bringing by snacks. Setsuna offering to give him a full medical exam if he wasn't feeling well. And so on and so forth.

Even Azusa was reasonably nice and polite about it.

"Sir," said Michiru's voice from an intercom. "Your mother is here. She's apparently been collecting more 'bridal' candidates for her 'manly son'."

Ranma groaned. The problem was that he could just see that sort of thing happening.

---------

Everything was Ranma's fault.

This was typical of Ryouga's paradigm or world-view. Ranma lived to torment Ryouga therefore anything bad happening to Ryouga was Ranma's fault. Logical, right?

Having a furry humanoid version of Shirokuro driving him home? A *purring* Akari in his lap?

Even Ryouga had his limits. Exactly how this could be Ranma's fault he was having trouble fitting into some sort of rational framework. It just didn't add up.

A magazine in the pocket along the back of one of the front seats provided odd pictures. No *human* women - everyone had ears or tails or both at the very least. There was a photo of a number of catgirls on stage playing instruments here, a picture of a Japanese ryokan staffed by micegirls there, an ad for the armed forces showing a K-9 corps that was *very* different there, and a picture of several odd furries he couldn't identify running around in Paris on yet another page.

Odd didn't even begin to describe it.

So, instead of yelling about it being Ranma's fault and charging off to beat on the pigtailed boy, Ryouga turned to an article on Vacationing In Rustic Village Of Amazon Catgirls and tried to figure this out.

He didn't want to disturb Akari, after all.

---------

Ranma frowned. He was expected to do something with his girls. "HIS girls." That sounded just plain weird. The girls were weird too. Okay, they acted mainly the same, but other than that...

Ukyo Kuonji - dog-girl - very friendly and well trained. Main duty: guard. Secondary: lunch cook.
Akane Tendo - mousegirl - mostly friendly and tidy. Main duty: physical laborer. Secondary: guard.
Nabiki Tendo - mousegirl - mischievious and clever. Main duty: Chief Financial Officer. Secondary: nail tech.
Kasumi Tendo - mousegirl - quiet and polite. Main Duty: Lead Maid. Secondary: hairdresser.
Shampoo - catgirl - bouncy, cute. Main Duty: Perimeter guard. Secondary: hairdresser.
Kodachi Kuno - catgirl - aristocratic and haughty. Main Duty: Maid Upstairs. Secondary: nail tech.