Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Perfect Equation ❯ (Part 2) ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Perfect Equation

By: Myst Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors belongs to respective companies

Warning: Fic in slow progress, OOCs and boring, cheezy plotline -_- Dubbed names were used on this fic. Amy Mizuno x Julian Starr, Tori Avalon x Lita Kino centered fic.


Note: A huge thanks to people who kindly reviewed this fanfic. I realized I made an error on Julian's character (thanks to Clow 9). He's supposed to be a super genius like Amy. Tori Avalon and Lita Kino/Sailor Jupiter will be also included in the story.

To all Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupiter fans, Girl of Darkness, Chibizoo, Wacky Witch and K-Money…. ^_^

(Part 2)

Tiny sheen of perspiration trickled down on Julian's face. His eyes were focused on the basketball net ahead of him. He was fully concentrating on the present game.

"Alright, Starr. Time is almost up." His gym teacher informed him. "You land a score. The game is all yours, son." He grinned at him and tossed the ball in Julian's direction.

Julian grasped the ball on his hands tightly and flashed him a weak, tired smile. He started dribbling the ball. The other students watched in anticipation.

As if in slow motion, Julian hopped on both feet and the ball was hurled towards the net. He was attempting to aim the ball at a close distance. He stood back and waited.

The ball circled around the rim of the net and it safely landed inside the hoop. The gym teacher blew a loud whistle, signaling the game was over.

"Team A wins!" He announced. "Class is over! Don't forget to clean up!" He reminded them. The crowd slowly went on separate ways. The other students stayed behind to help. The rest of the class herded themselves inside the boys' locker room.

"Nice game, Starr." The gym teacher remarked and placed his arms around Julian's shoulder. "Have you seriously thought about joining the school team?" He asked him. Julian simply gave him a smile as an answer and they continued to talk on their way.

"This is the life," Tori murmured. His eyes were closed, quietly relaxing. His fingers ran through his dishevel wet hair. A few droplets of water doused on his tanned, naked chest. A white cotton towel wrapped around his waist.

"What a long day," Julian groaned, taking a seat next to his best friend. He was still in his sweaty, gym uniform.

"That was a good game," Tori commented, opening his eyes at last. "You should be playing pro."

Julian heartily laughed. "That's what Mr. Seiko said. He couldn't stopped talking my ear off!"

"He's right," Tori said seriously. "You don't even realize how good you are."

Julian shook his head. "No, I'm not." He said sadly. He rummaged through his bag and took out a scrap paper. He unfolded the corners and stared intently on his Physics test.

Tori sighed and quickly stood up. "The problem is my friend, you THINK too much." he said, handing him a spare towel.

Julian and Tori came out of the boys' locker room, refreshingly clean. The students were scurrying along the school hallway, laughing gleefully. They carried their bags with them. It was after 3pm, time to head home.

"What's the matter, Tori?" Julian asked curiously. He saw the horrified expression on his friend's face.

"Not HER again!" Tori exclaimed, his face looked disgusted. A tall brunette girl came forward.

"Hi guys," Ruby Moon smiled sincerely. "Where you guys heading?" She asked casually.

Julian opened his mouth to speak but Tori spoke first. "None of your business," He said curtly.

"Whoa, someone's grouchy!" Ruby said slyly. "I didn't came here to pick a fight, Tori. I just wondered if you guys wanna hang out after school. I guess you're not in a better mood. I'll come back some other time." With a final wave, she disappeared into the crowded hall.

"You should be nice to her, Tori." Julian frowned. "She was just being friendly."

"Trying TOO hard if you asked me," Tori said annoyingly. "She's a pest!"

"I see," Julian said. "Just like Sakura huh? Don't you have anything to say nice things about girls?"

"Girls are nothing but give me trouble." Tori countered.

"You'll be singing in a different tune once you meet a girl you like." Julian warned him.

"What a sickening thought," Tori muttered, rolling his eyes.

After Julian and Tori departed their ways, Tori went straight to his soccer practice and Julian was riding his bicycle on the street. He had a happy smile on his face, enjoying the sunny afternoon.

He stopped in front a large building. There were ambulances and police cars parked at the front entrance. Paramedics and nurses rushing back and forth through the automatic sliding door. Julian arrived at the bustling Crossroads General Hospital. He got off from his bicycle and parked somewhere else.

As soon as he entered the hospital, Julian approached the reception desk area. "Umm, excuse me. Do you know which room Linda Starr might be in?" He inquired politely.

The receptionist consulted through her computer. "She's on the second floor, room 215. Just go through your left and you'll find the elevators there." She said. Julian thanked her and went off to search for his grandmother. On his way to the elevators, Julian spotted a flower shop and didn't hesitate to make a quick stop.

Julian was carrying a bouquet of red roses. It was his grandmother's favourite flowers. "I hope grandma like these," He inhaled the sweet smell of roses. He paused by the door and heard voices coming from the room 215. The voices belonged to his grandparents talking to a girl. "Grandma has a visitor," He came inside the room.

His grandparents greeted him warmly. He hugged his grandfather back and leaned over to kiss his grandmother's face. He gave the roses to his grandmother. She was lying restfully on the hospital bed.

"Oh Julian," Linda Starr was touched by his thoughtfulness. "You shouldn't have."

"By the way, Julian." David Starr said. "I like you to meet this very nice young lady. She is the daughter of Dr. Mizuno. Julian, this is Amy Mizuno." The shy, pretty blue-haired girl stepped forward to shake hands with Julian.

"It's finally nice to meet you, Julian." She said brightly. Her handshake was lenient and firm.

"Uh….you too…" Julian replied awkwardly. He was surprised to find his voice shaking. He felt a sense of awareness passed between them.

//I sense something from this girl… Yue told him inside his mind//

"My grandson is looking for a very nice girlfriend." Linda added mischievously.

"Grandma!" Julian protested. He was clearly embarrassed. There were bright spots on his cheeks. Amy couldn't help but smile along.

TBC…