Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction / King Of Bandit Jing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Detective Loki Fan Fiction ❯ Seductive Snake's Shop of Secrets ❯ Whacked Out Wednesday ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks to the three reviewers we've had. Quatic7…in response to your question about Kyo as the Chesire Cat, I suppose you should read this chapter. ~_~

At this time, the authors of Flaming Duck have a statement to make.

*Ahem*

"I, Neechan #1 (at least I think I'm #1…call me GhastlyMiroku if needed) have been having issues with distractions. Distractions are evil things…*stares off at Kyo Plushie sitting on top of Grunty plushie* They're so kawaiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!! *grabs digital camera and takes a pic, then notices anime case on the floor* I suppose I could watch an ep or two of X…I am making an amv right now…"

*Enter Ayame*

"What are you doing?" Ayame states exasperatedly, "Get back to work!"

"Eh?" Neechan #1 blinks.

"You have to concentrate," Ayame grabs Neechan #1 by the wrist and proceeds to drag said neechan to the computer seat, "Now type. I want to see who will come into the store today."

Neechan #1 ingores Ayame's words and snuggles into the recliner.

"Comfy, comfy chair. . ."

Ayame snatches a box of Pocky from the shelf and shakes it in front of the woman's eyes.

"Lookie, lookie," Ayame gleams.

Neechan #1 slowly opens her eyes to see. . .CHOCOLATE!!!! She jumps out of the chair and slams face down onto the floor when Ayame hops back out of her grasp.

"Ayame….hand…over…the…chocolate," she mumbles into the carpet, too lazy to get up from her current position on the floor.

"You get it when you write."

"But, but, but…"

"No buts."

"…I don't know who is going to come in today. I have no inspiration. The words are lost in my mind. Who should come torture you today? I don't know."

Ayame, choosing to ignore the word torture in that statement, takes her hand in his hand and smiles that beautiful wide smile.

"You'll be fine. Just sit up and let the words come."

"Okay," the woman sits back down in her chair, choking back the tears in her eyes, "But, don't expect it to be perfect."

Ayame stands confidently by her side as she puts her hands to the keyboard and begins to type.

"Ayame-sama?" Tomoyo questioned the exceptionally giddy man, "Umm…are you ok?"

"Yes, Tomoyo-chan!" Ayame was twirling in the center of the store. "I am more than happy, I am the happiest brother in the world!" Ayame snatched up his Yuki rat plushie and continued to dance.

"Did something good happen with Yuki?"

Ayame ceased to circle and approached the young girl with a slide of his feet, and then, in a soft whisper squeaked, "He's coming to see me today. Isn't it great. Yuki is coming here! He must've loved the way I do things the first time he came in. Oh, I'm so happy!"

Tomoyo stood up on the wobbly stool she had been sitting on and placed her tiny hands on Ayame's shoulders, eyes piercing his cloudy gaze.

"Ayame-sama?"

Ayame, slightly disturbed by her seriousness answers, "Yes, Tomoyo-chan?"

"If Sohma-kun is coming…if he's going to be in this very store, at this very spot, I have but one question."

Ayame stared back at the child, waiting to find out what could be so important to her.

Tomoyo took a deep breathe, closing her eyes, praying for the answer she wished.

"Does that mean Kyo-kun will be coming in too?"

"But of course! He and Yuki don't get along well so you would naturally assume the answer would be no but I talked it over with Tohru and well-" Ayame was cut off when the little girl jumped full force onto the counter between them, completely leaving the stool.

"I'm so happy!" Tomoyo's eyes sparkled with joy.

"I have to go get ready." Ayame ran to the back of the store.

Bing Bing

The store bell rang as three figures opened the door. The young woman leading the way looked around the store hurriedly until her eyes fell on Tomoyo.

"Good morning, Tomoyo-chan!" Tohru beamed.

"Good morning, Honda-san!" Tomoyo replied looking past the woman towards the orange-headed man behind her, sparkles in her eyes.

"What the hell kind of girly store is this?" Kyo said in his usual loud manner, "I thought I was going to kick Yuki's ass doing some Dance Dance Revolution."

Yuki, who was still standing outside, shoved Kyo into the middle of the store.

"Just move in, will you?"

"Don't shove me, you damn rat! Why the hell are we here? This place is a little too frou frou even for you!"

"I have to get something I ordered, okay, Kyo-kun?" Tohru smiled.

"Yeah, that's why we're here…" Yuki sulked.

Kyo chuckled to himself at how miserable Yuki looked.

"What's the matter?" he said in a taunting voice, "You haven't looked like that since the last time you saw Ayame."

Yuki cringed.

"You're probably thinking about how much everyone thinks you look alike. Little Yuki taking his girlish tendencies from his fruitcake brother."

Yuki's eye began to twitch as Kyo continued.

"Maybe we should find something in this store for you. I'm sure this would look good on you." Kyo snatched the side of a yellow kimono in his hand, "I'm sure you're little fan club would take lots of pictures and display you for the student body saying, 'Oh, look at Yuki' or 'He's so cute' or 'Those flowers accentuate his beauty,'" Kyo laughed and turned from his little rant towards Yuki to be met with a small figure blocking his path. Tomoyo stood there, stars glittering in her large eyes, hands to her chest as if in prayer, little bubbles of joy radiating off of her small form, staring into Kyo's dark burgundy eyes.

"What do you want?" Kyo spat, "What the hell's with that look? Are you on something?"

"No…" Tomoyo spoke softly, "I'm just happy to see you."

Kyo's eyes bugged out. What the hell? This little girl he didn't know was happy to see him? What was going on?

Kyo's thoughts were interrupted when a fist connected with his left cheek knocking him to the ground.

"Damn rat!" Kyo shook his head and regained his bearings, "You wanna start something?"

"What are you talking about, you're the one who started it, stupid cat," Yuki glared at the now standing Kyo. Tohru had removed the, now paralyzed, Tomoyo from the path of danger.

"Yeah, sure, turn it on me! You wanna take this outside?" Kyo's face came within inches of Yuki's face.

"Anytime you feel like losing," Yuki rang back about ready to crack.

"Then let's go, damn rat," Kyo spat.

"Fine," Yuki lifted his arm ready to begin when two arms clad in long silver sleeves wrapped him in a hug from behind. Yuki's body suddenly became limp and Kyo took a step backwards, a look of exasperation on his face.

"Lucky Kyo, you really shouldn't bug my little Yuki like that," Ayame chimed.

"I thought I told you to never call me that!" Kyo screamed, turning his head left and right searching for an escape route. When he found the door, Tohru stepped into his path.

"What are you doing, woman!?" Kyo cried.

"We have business here, Kyo-kun. I'd be rude to leave now," Tohru stated.

"Will you kindly remove yourself?" Yuki weakly asked Ayame.

"Oh, but why, Yuki? This is fun," Ayame had a childish happy tune in his voice.

"Please…" Yuki struggled to control himself in front of Tohru. He knew she hated it whenever Kyo or he started screaming and he felt ashamed of his actions since he stepped in the store. Tohru, on the other hand, hadn't really paid attention to the previous fight between Yuki and Kyo. She had been busy looking at the yukatas until she had noticed the little girl enter the fray. She now stood staring at Kyo with a mysterious smile gracing her lips.

"Nooo," Ayame squeezed Yuki tighter until Yuki exploded.

"Get OFF of me!" He pulled himself from Ayame's grasp, knocking his hands to the sides.

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy to see my baby brother coming to visit dear old me at my place of business, that's all."

Kyo, who had been concentrating on a way to evade Tohru's eyes and smile, froze at these words.

"Your…place…of business?" Kyo's head creaked as he turned to face Ayame.

"Why, yes. This is my shop," Ayame waved his arms widely as if to welcome another embrace.

Tomoyo popped up in front of the speechless Kyo, hands still firmly in a praying fashion. "Kyo-kun, Konichiwa!"

"K...koni…chiwa."

" I work here as Ayame-sama assistant. My name's Didouji Tomoyo. Nice to meet you," she bowed, "You're exactly how I pictured you."

"I told you he would be perfect, didn't I?" Tohru knelt before the child.

"Yes, the suit should fit nicely," Tomoyo nodded, "and the color is exactly what I thought."

Kyo snapped back to reality but could only muster an "EH?"

Tomoyo retrieved her stool from behind the counter and placed it in front of Kyo

"Um, this may sound weird, me having just met you," Tomoyo climbed to a standing position and took both of Kyo's hands in her own, "but, um, I was hoping you could do me a favor."

"Eh?????" Kyo became flustered. What? I don't know what the hell to say. What is she doing? She's like ten!

"Could you, ummm," Tomoyo's cheeks began to turn a light shade of pink as Kyo strained to maintain his stance. "Could you…put this on?" She released her grip on Kyo's hand and reached behind her to reveal a yellow suit with an orange jacket.

"Eh?"

"Well, it's just that I, ummm, we're putting together a production of 'Alice and Wonderland' and I need a Chesire Cat and we thought maybe…"

Kyo sighed inwardly. Oh man, I thought...What the hell WAS I thinking? His mind had been in overload but now he breathed in relief. Wait. The Chesire what?

"Oh, hell no!" he screamed.

"Kyo-kun, why not?" Tohru tilted her head with a soft smile gracing her lips.

"Because! It's not a thing for a man to do. I'm not dressing up like a cat!"

"Why? Ashamed of yourself? You should be." Yuki muttered from the far corner of the store.

"I heard that, you damn rat! And that's not the reason!"

"Why then?" Tohru pushed the question.

Kyo didn't know where to look. To his right was the damn rat, no doubt contemplating a comeback to whatever the poor cat said. To his right was Tohru, using those eyes to penetrate his very soul and make her obey his command, as she always, unwittingly, did. Behind him was the door, a clear escape route, if only that stupid snake wasn't twirling like a fairy trying to get Yuki's attention in front of it. And then, in front of him, was the tiny child, attempting to pull off the Tohru look which coaxed him into anything. She was going a fairly decent job.

"I have school to think about. I don't have time to-"

"It's the summer, stupid cat."

"And the production will be done before the next term begins!" Tomoyo exclaimed.

"Well, I have a job to worry-" Kyo stammered.

"You don't have a job." Yuki interrupted once more.

"But…I could get one!"

"Oh, Lucky Kyo, you could work here!" Ayame thought out-loud.

Kyo chose to ignore Ayame's ramblings and continued with his lame excuses until he came upon a rather good one, by Kyo standards.

"I have to train! That's right! Training is very important and if I don't work hard I won't be able to beat…become stronger!" Kyo was sure he'd hear something from Yuki after his little slip. You'll never be strong enough to beat me. You need to train HARD to beat me? How pathetic does that make you? Something to that effect, but it never came. Yuki was, in fact, nowhere to be seen. Ayame had disappeared as well.

"Well, we can work on that during filming. You see, Sakura-chan can use her cards to create monsters for you to train with and I can guarantee you'll get stronger."

Kyo, who was running out of excuses, was caught in the death-grip of two beautiful girls who refused to let go. He finally admitted his defeat. He could never win against Tohru anyways.

"Fine, damn it. I'll do your stupid thing."

Tohru and Tomoyo clasped hands and jumped up and down, their small giggles dancing in Kyo's ears as he stood there sighing deeply. The laughter ceased when a loud scream pierced throughout the store. Tohru, Kyo, and Tomoyo slowly made their way towards the source of the sound. It came from the back dressing rooms.

Kyo motioned for the girls to let him look first, considering he was the only other man in the store. The sight before him was one of great importance, for it was one of confusion, hatred, excitement, and Technicolor clothing, the likes of nothing the world had seen before. There stood Yuki towering over a slumped Ayame. Yuki was dressed in a bright yellow coat that reached mid-calf and had a long slit on both sides as well as down the back Other than the bright jacket, he wore a form fitting black nylon shirt that came up to the collarbone and ended right above his bellybutton showing his midsection, tight black pants and black hiking boots.

Ayame still adorned the same white garments from earlier in the day but lay in a pile of rather extravagant clothing. There was a long golden gown, a woman's corset, a pair of bell bottom jeans with peace signs stamped on them, a little purple and yellow striped tank top that looked like it belonged on someone Tomoyo's size, a few more dresses, one bright pink, another slinky and red, and then there was a strange bluish green fabric encircling Ayame's wrist. It appeared to be a leotard of some sort. Ayame had a curling iron in his other hand. Yuki clutched a small gray object in his fist and was smacking Ayame on top of his head with his other hand.

"What the hell are you doing?" Yuki screamed as Ayame continued his yelps of protest.

"Nothing, Yuki, nothing at all!"

"Liar! Why am I dressed like this, huh?"

"Well, that's because…" Ayame didn't quite know how to explain it.

"Well??" Yuki was impatiently waiting for his brother's lame excuse.

Meanwhile, Kyo opened the door just wide enough so that all three onlookers were in prime positions. They all wanted to know how Ayame and Yuki had gotten into that situation just as much as Yuki did.

"You were standing out there watching Lucky Kyo getting all the attention and I felt truly sad for you little brother. I was trying to think of a way to get Tohru to look at you the way she was looking at Kyo."

A tinge of pink rose to Yuki's cheeks, as well as Tohru's as Ayame continued.

"I wanted you to have her complete attention and although I do applaud your sense of fashion…somewhat, I was more than inclined to help you in the only way I knew how."

"So you knocked me out!?"

"A means to an end, Yuki," Ayame shrugged his actions off, "I knew you wouldn't allow me to mess with your fashion sense in a conscious state, that's why I did such a horrible thing. Forgive me, little brother. It was all for you." Ayame feigned innocence. He then leaned his head down and slightly reached for the gray object in Yuki's hand attempting to be inconspicuous. Yuki saw through Ayame's façade in a minute, knocking his hand away.

"And what are you doing with this stupid thing anyways?" Yuki shoved the gray object into Ayame's face. Kyo had a clear view of it now. It was a small stuffed animal…a gray rat? It looked just like Yuki when he transformed.

"Oh, Yuki, give it back." Ayame reached, Yuki dodged.

"No, damn it, this…this…" Yuki struggled in his wording, "It isn't right. It's just not right." Yuki stomped off in the direction of the three eavesdroppers.

Tomoyo attempted to pull a chuckling Kyo out of Yuki's path while Tohru pushed. The door flung open. Yuki tried to stop his charge when he noticed Tohru directly in front of him but the momentum urged him on and Tohru couldn't help but reach out her arms to catch his stumbling form.

Poof!

Black and yellow clothing covered Tohru's legs and she scrambled through them to find the little rat. She pulled him into the palm of her hand and muttered apology after apology. Ayame scurried from the back rooms, tears in his eyes, and snatched the rat from Tohru.

"I'm so sorry, Yuki. I should always be mindful of your feelings and what you want. I shouldn't try to meddle in your affairs. I really need to learn not to do this so much. I know I'm a pain. I know I'm not the brother you've always wanted. Please forgive me," Ayame cried. Yuki stood there, stubby little arms crossed in an attempt to control his anger, and refused to speak.

"Man, do I wish I had a camera. That was priceless." Kyo laughed clutching his sides. Tomoyo glanced at her Sakura watch and noticed that it was getting late. She ran to Kyo, seized his arm, pulled him to the dressing room that Yuki had been in previously and threw a suit in his arms.

"You must change quickly, Kyo-kun," Tomoyo stated and gave him a hard shove into the dressing room.

Ten minutes later, Kyo emerged from the back wearing an elaborate suit. The light baby blue silk shirt was concealed underneath a yellow button down vest except for in the center where the collar came straight up to cover half of his neck. There was a small navy cloth, not too different from a scarf wrapped around his neck at an awkward angle. The soft yellow vest matched the yellow pants, which came to a comfortable length, flaring down to rest directly over the tops of his shiny white shoes.

Tomoyo shook with glee while Ayame squeezed Yuki as if he was his toy rat and not the real one. Tohru walked up to Kyo smiling brightly.

"I should fix that for you," she said, pointing at the crooked scarf.

"Well, I didn't know what to do with it," Kyo stated grumpily as Tomoyo led him to the alterations stand. Glaring at the three images of himself reflecting in the large oversized mirrors he hissed, "I look like some 50's reject."

His statement became all the more true as Tohru placed the large dull orange jacket over his shoulders.

"Now, for that tie," Tohru walked in front of him and worked to fix his failed attempt at a knot. "Kyo-kun, will you stop fidgeting, please."

'Easy for her to say,' Kyo thought, blushing slightly. His blush deepened as Tohru patted the tie into place on his chest and then, smiling into his eyes, leaned in closer to his face.

"Wha…" Kyo swallowed hard as she reached one hand up to straighten his orange hair gently, still leaning in. Yuki, who somehow wiggled free of Ayame's grasp, climbed on top of his shoulder and strained with his beady eyes to see what Tohru was doing.

"Tohru-san…" Yuki couldn't muster the words. Was she going to kiss Kyo? His heart jumped as if shuddering at the horrible thought.

Tohru, was still toying with Kyo's hair by pushing it behind his ear and coaxing it to her will. Kyo, who was feeling an abnormal amount of stress at the moment cringed at the thought of transforming in Ayame's shop of all places.

"Umm, Tohru, you-" Kyo noticed her other arm lifting to his head to join the other. Oh great, this is just what I need. Then Kyo felt a small plastic frame scratching behind his ears. A headband? Tohru ceased to move closer to Kyo's crimson face and with a few more small flicks of stray strands backed away to give Kyo a view in the mirrors.

"Eh?" Kyo stared at the little orange cat ears expertly placed on his head. They blended into his natural hair so easily that it was eerie to the cat.

Yuki's small grey form shook with laughter as Ayame smiled and patted him on the head.

"You see, Yuki. Isn't Lucky Kyo the perfect choice for this part."

"Oh, yes, perfect."

Kyo reached for his head only to be shocked by a small prick near his back, only lower.

"What the hell?" Kyo jumped grabbing his underside. He turned to see Tomoyo, needle in one hand, a long cloth object in the other.

"I have to attach the tail."

"Not to my ass, you don't!"

Ayame approached Tohru while Kyo ran from the little child clutching the long tail.

"Now, Tohru, Tomoyo also said she needed someone to play Humpty Dumpty, now granted it's not a big role, I was thinking of telling her that you-"

"I'd love to!" Tohru exclaimed.

"Good, I was thinking, since she has so many costumes to make anyways, you could wear that one dress Miei put you in the last time you came in. It did look great on you, wouldn't you agree Yuki?"

Yuki blushed at the memory of Tohru in the cute little frilly dress.

"Get away from me with that thing! And what's with the little red bow, huh?"

"It's for a sense of…" Tomoyo collapsed on the tiled floor. Tohru rushed to her side followed closely by Ayame.

"Tomoyo-chan! Tomoyo-chan!" Ayame was frantic. Tohru checked her forehead.

"She has a high fever. We have to get her blankets." She looked to Ayame who nodded furiously and zoomed around the store in search of a blanket, Yuki clinging to his white shirt. Kyo kneeled down by Tomoyo's side, a slight look of concern in his eyes.

"Is she ok?"

"Hopefully, her fever is really high though, but I'm not a doctor or anything. And we need a blanket!" Tohru's panic was evident in her voice.

Ayame stopped his search, clasped his hands to his cheeks and cried.

"I don't have a blanket! What are we gonna do? I don't have a clue! I can't lose her! She's the best assistant I've ever had. She has such style. Where, for the love of god, is a blanket!"

Poof!

A long white snake coiled its way out of the white labyrinth on the floor and found its way to a dazed Yuki. He wrapped himself completely around the rat and sobbed, tightening his grip on the poor soul with each sniff.

"Oh, Tomoyo-chan! You're too young to leave me!"

"You, dumb ass! This is a clothing store, right?" Kyo yelled at the distraught snake, who only gave Kyo a confused look. "There are plenty of things to wrap her in, idiot!"

Ayame looked as if his faith had been restored.

"Did you hear that?" Ayame asked as he tightened his grip on Yuki once again. If Yuki was a squeaky toy his voice box would have ceased to whistle at this point and pop under the pressure.

Kyo snatched a long cotton dress from the nearest rack and draped it over the sick child.

"It's all my fault. I was being such a…a-"

"A stupid cat," Yuki breathed.

"Shut-up, you damn rat," Kyo snapped and returned his attention to Tomoyo, "I'm…I'm sorry."

Shock absorbed the residents of the store at Kyo's apology. Then, with a voice as quiet and shallow as the breathing of the gray lump in Ayame's clutches, Kyo whispered as fast as he could, hoping no one else would hear him.

"I'll wear the damn outfit, even the tail, just get better, ok?"

Upon hearing Kyo, Tomoyo sprung up from her spot on the ground and grabbed him in a tight embrace.

Poof!

Tomoyo sat there, an evil little grin gracing her lips, petting a rather confused and slightly irritated orange cat.

Bing Bing

Postino entered carrying a large box under his right arm. He placed the box on the counter and pulled out a small notepad from his back pocket.

"Yo, Ayame, I need you to sign for-" Postino stopped short when he noticed Tomoyo sitting on the ground playing with a cat and Tohru kneeling next to her trying to dislodge a snake from a rat. After blinking a few times, Postino spoke.

"When life seems…" He cleared his throat, "When life seems…" The girl's stared at the perplexed postal worker. "Is that a rat?"

"Uh-huh," Tohru stood and held Yuki out as if he was a gift, inches from Postino's face, "You wanna pet him?"

Postino took a step backwards almost falling over his own feet.

"No, thank you. I'm not allowed to handle pets or live products." Postino stated bluntly, never removing his eyes from the rat that had clearly given up at removing the snake who had fallen into a comfortable sleep with his head on Yuki's shoulder. He shifted his gaze to the little girl on the floor.

"Would you tell Ayame that I'll have him sign for the package tomorrow?"

"Sure, Postino-san," Tomoyo's head jolted up. "When should we expect you on Friday? We're having helpers brought in to help you with the shipment and Ayame-sama needs to contact them with the times tomorrow."

"It'll be sometime in the morning, most likely. I can give you a definite time tomorrow, is that fine?"

"That's fine, you just know how the help can get. They require exact times and absolute efficiency to fit as many missions in a day as possible. I swear, the help is always asking for more and more these days," Tomoyo shook her head while digging her palm into Kyo's head.

Postino noted how much Tomoyo sounded like an old woman at that moment and wondered how her personality must have shifted from before she worked at the store to the sometimes cute, sometimes psychotic little girl she was now. What kind of effect had that strange store owner had on her?

He then saw the yellow jacket on the floor, "Tomoyo-san?"

"Hai?"

"Was Jing here?"

"Jing? No, why do you ask?"

"No reason," Postino's gaze turned from the jacket to the rat and back to the jacket. Why did he feel they were somehow connected? "That jacket just looks like Jing's."

Tomoyo glanced at the coat on the floor, "Oh, no. That's for another customer. That's Shindou-kun's jacket." She picked it up from the floor and held it out for Postino to see, all while maintaining her grip on the kitty. "You see, this is different from Jing's in that there is an orange lining on the inside. It gives it a sort of flair, I like to think."

Postino noticed this and immediately disregarded his belief that it had belonged to Jing. Why would Jing enter such a store anyways? He turned his head back to the other young woman only to be faced again with the rat.

"Very good, Tomoyo-san, I shall leave it to you," Postino took another step back, away from the rat who now glared at him, as if trying to say something. It sent shivers down his spine.

Bing Bing

Postino disappeared, as if he was never there in the first place.

"Wow, I wonder why he was in such a hurry?" Tohru questioned.

Poof!

"GAH!" Tohru screamed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't touch anything!"

Yuki had transformed back and was now standing in front of her gripping a small silver snake, his eyes glowing a strange yellow. He seized the clothes from the floor, regretting that his normal clothes were in the back room and after dressing quickly so as not to be seen, he found a small jar on the counter.

"Yuki? What are you going to do?" Ayame asked.

Yuki then emptied the contents of the jar onto the floor, not caring for appearances.

"Oh, Yuki, not the buttons." Ayame cried as a flood of yellow, blue, green, and white covered the ground.

Yuki, unable to hear his victim's screams, shoved the snake into the jar and closed the lid tight.

"No one is to open this jar." Yuki strolled casually to the back to find his normal clothes.

Poof!

Crack!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Ayame cried as he looked at his beautiful, silky skin marred by countless scratches and cuts from the clay jar breaking during his transformation. He was currently seated on the counter where the jar was positioned and didn't reach for any clothes, but merely ran to the back of the store stark naked. Tomoyo was, thankfully, occupied with Kyo's limbs enough not to see the two other men transform. Tohru blushed from head to toe and struggled to regain her bearings as she stared at the tofu colored wall.

"Hey, kid, are you gonna let me go soon, or what?" Kyo barked…he barked?

Tomoyo just smiled and snuggled him closer. "You promised."

"Eh?"

"You said you'd wear the costume. You can't take it back."

"I know what I said."

"Even the tail."

"Even the damn tail."

"Good. I just have a few alterations to make on your jacket and we're good to go. We start shooting next month." Tomoyo stated with authority.

"Umm," The cat looked up from his position in her arms and moved one paw, motioning for her to lower her head. She did and Kyo whispered, "I…I don't have many lines do I? I'm not really good at that kind of thing."

"No, Kyo-kun," Tomoyo smiled, "We'll go slowly and keep your lines to the absolute minimum, ok?"

The cat nodded as a fuming Yuki exited from the back.

"No, Ayame! NO!"

Ayame chased after his brother as if his life were in the young man's clenched fists. Ayame had only had time to pull on his pants before his brother stormed to the front, leaving the owner half-naked. Yuki was dressed fully in his attire from earlier and was pressing the shirt down in the front as he approached Tohru, who still feigned interest in the plaster of the wall.

"Please, Yuki, just stay a little longer. We didn't have time to talk."

"That's because you were busy playing dress up and squeezing me to death. I'm not a toy and I'm tired of putting up with you!" He turned his attention to Tohru.

"Tohru-san, shall we go?" Tohru nodded and turned to see a content look on Yuki's now sweet face. She sighed in relief.

"But Yuki!" Ayame squealed.

Sweet turned to sour and it was as if a switch snapped in the back of Yuki's head. Yuki's head cracked with each inch it turned from Tohru's gaze and towards his brother.

"Will you CEASE your whining!" Yuki screamed. Tohru gasped. Kyo's little body shook and Tomoyo held him firmly. "I'm done! That's it, we're leaving!"

Yuki took Tohru's hand in his and bolted for the door. When Ayame got in the way, Yuki placed the back of his right hand across Ayame's face, knocking him to the side.

"Bye, Sohma-san! It was good to see you Tomoyo-chan!" Tohru called as the bell above the door rang to signal their departure.

"Damn, you sure pissed him off, Ayame," Kyo mused, "though I wish I had a camera when we was in that outfit earlier."

"We have cameras in every section of the store." A distraught Ayame fell to his knees. "Tomoyo installed them herself."

"Every section?" Kyo looked up at the little girl who placed one hand to her mouth and gave a slightly demented giggle.

"You sick bastards!" Kyo thought of the horrible things he could do to Yuki with that tape and then remembered.

"They left without me!" Kyo squirmed and finally was released from Tomoyo's grip. Ayame opened the door for him and Kyo ran after the two already a block away. "DAMN RAT!!"

Ayame walked absentmindedly towards the plush chair in the corner only to stop half way and fall to the floor.

"Ayame-sama?" A concerned Tomoyo knelt beside him and stroked his long hair out of his saddened face.

"He hates me even more now," Ayame cried, defeated.

"No, he's just a little angry, you'll see, everything will be ok," Tomoyo said gently pushing the last of the strands in his face behind his ear.

"Well, maybe." Ayame pulled himself to his knees and rubbed his golden eyes for fear a tear may escape. He then took a few deep breaths to compose himself and stood up. It was at this time he realized he was still bare-chested. "I guess I should put something on, in case we have another customer." Ayame was about to begin his quest in search of his shirt among the piles of clothing in the back of the store when he stepped upon a pair of jeans and a dark blue t-shirt.

"Aren't those Kyo-kun's?" Tomoyo picked them up from the ground.

"Ah, yes, he was still a cat when he left wasn't he. Don't worry, he'll come back for them, just put them on the second shelf in the closet for the time being."

Tomoyo complied and opened the closet door to place the clothing inside. Her eyes widened in shock as a thought entered her mind.

"Ayame-sama?"

"Yes, Tomoyo-chan?"

"What'll happen if Kyo transforms on the way home?" Tomoyo's eyes shimmered with concern.

"Don't worry, as long as he gets to Tohru before that happens, there's no problem. You see, we can't transform if we're in the arms of a person of the opposite sex. That's why Kyo stayed in that form for so long, because you wouldn't let him go." At that comment he gently nudged Tomoyo's nose with his index finger.

Ayame reached for the clothing strewing the floor of his once clean store and thought slowly to himself, "If he gets to Tohru in time…"

In the distance, one could hear a loud poof resound through the shopping district.

~The End~

Yes, it took a while for me to write this, I know. It's not like anybody is really reading it anyways. I'm not a generally grumpy person really. I mean, It's ok if not everybody reviews. I don't review everything I read. It's just nice to hear feedback now and then.

This time I got to mess with my Fruits Basket Babies and it was fun, though I do have a splitting migraine throbbing behind my right pupil right now. I really really strained to finish this thing tonight. I was so tired of staring at it screaming at me to finish and now, what's the result? A migraine. Damn it all. Anyways, here's the little note thingies. There shouldn't be many this time.

Characters

Everyone is from Fruits Basket except from Tomoyo and Postino, whom, if you read the previous chapters, you should know by now. If not, read the other chapters, duh.

Honorifics can be found in the previous chapters.

Themes and references

The Chesire Cat thing is from Tuesday and also Card Captor Sakura episode 55. We'll probably revisit this a few more times along the way if we want, just f.y.i.

The outfit Yuki wakes up in, the one I described rather horribly (man, now I'm bashing my own writing, I really am tired) is the outfit that Shuichi from Gravitation seems to have to wear for every live performance of his band 'Bad Luck.' Seriously dude, wash your clothes and attempt a little more variety. I was amused at this though. Postino confused it with Jing, from King of Bandit Jing's clothing cause they both have yellow jackets. It's an easy mistake for someone who never takes off his 245% UV protection goggles. Whatcha gonna do?

I know that Yuki got a little heated here. And yes, he usually is one to hold his temper, please forgive the slight melodramatic-ness of it all please. I was in the mood of Yuki when I wrote this, and clearly, I wanted to rip off a few heads. I mean, seriously, if you were him, wouldn't you scream once!? Anyway, yeah. And Ayame is a little over the top, but that's just him so yeah...

Lastly Ayame mentions Tohru trying on a little number in his store on a previous occasion. That would be the first time she entered the store, which is episode 19, I think.

Anyways, I think that's it for the Wednesday installment of Ayame's crazy store life. Thursday should come pretty quickly, as Neechan #2 has been writing on it for a while too. She's really into it. It's gonna be cute. Neechan #2 is more than welcome to add more comments or say something or whatever. As for me, I'm off to watch a little Saiyuki in a dark, dark room and then drift off into La La Land and dream of my Kyo chasing after me in that shopping district. Sayonara.