Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction / King Of Bandit Jing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Detective Loki Fan Fiction ❯ Seductive Snake's Shop of Secrets ❯ Thieving Thursday ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tomoyo looks at the computer Neechan #2 (aka Sessy-sama) is sitting at. "Why are you writing this already? Wednesday isn't even done yet?"

"But…but…but…do you know who is coming in on Thursday?" Neechan #2 asks excitedly.

"Hai, hai. We have been warned already."

Neechan #2 pouts. "You make it sound like a bad thing."

Tomoyo smiles. "No, I just know your evil little mind works."

Neechan #2 thinks for a moment on whether that was a compliment or an insult and decides to take it as a compliment. She smiles evilly. "Okay. But it is going to be so much fun. I mean, they are coming in!"

"Hai hai, but if we don't finish the disclaimer the story can't start."

Neechan #2's eyes widen three times their normal size. "No story…Tomoyo, finish this."

"Hai! Everyone here at Flaming Duck Productions would like to thank those who have supported us, though they are very, very, very few." Tomoyo coughs suggestively. "Anyway, we wish to remind everyone that Flaming Duck Productions does not have the rights to any of the series used in this story. We would also like to remind people to review as we do thoroughly enjoy reading your thoughts on…"

"Yeah, yeah, they know. On to the story!"

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

Tomoyo walked through the front door to find Ayame standing in front of a rack of suits and men's outfits, his slender fingers moving shirts and vests out of the way as he searched for something.

"Ayame-sama, you are here early this morning," she said as she took a seat behind the counter to open the register.

Ayame continued his search as he spoke. "Well, I got the most interesting phone call last night. It was a detective."

"A detective?"

"Yes, it seems he was hired to fulfill a very odd case. He was told to search for something to make a certain girl respond to the advances of his client. He said it was the request of a friend, and a challenge to his own skill, as the girl doesn't seem to have much more than a platonic relationship with the client."

"So he called you."

Ayame straightened to his full height and looked up smugly. "Well I am well known for making men's dreams come true. It is only natural he find out about this shop."

"But of course. So they are coming in today?"

He nodded. "They should be arriving very soon. It seems that if they don't come early the girl in question would want to join them. She works for the detective so they had to come before she arrived."

"I will prepare the changing room for him then." Tomoyo hopped down from her stool and headed to the back only to be stopped by a familiar sound.

Bing.

Through the door walked two men and a small boy. Both Tomoyo and Ayame approached to greet them. Ayame took a moment to survey the three customers. The small boy wore a black trench coat with a large white bow tied at his neck. Beneath the coat he had a white shirt covered by a black vest and black shorts. Not a look one can normally pull off, but with his age it worked perfectly.

One of the adults was definitely the client, by his appearance Ayame feared if he wasn't. He looked like a reject from a very bad cosplay contest. He wore blue pants and a suit jacket reminding Ayame greatly of a European Renaissance outfit. Around his waist were wrapped two crossing leather belts and a green cape was draped over his shoulders, held together by three gold lace ties.

By the appearance of the third, Ayame only presumed he was the detective. The man had green hair and eyes, and had glasses. He wore a blue suit, but of a more modern fashion. To be honest though, he looked more like a butler than a detective.

"Loki-san?" Ayame asked to the green-haired man.

"No," the small boy corrected. "I am Loki."

Ayame bent down in front of the boy so he was at eye level. "You are a bit young to be a detective."

The green-haired man interrupted them. "Don't let Loki-sama's appearance fool you, he is a fine detective."

Ayame was about to say something but Tomoyo popped up between him and Loki. "Of course he is. He found our shop." Tomoyo made a short bow. "My name is Tomoyo."

The green-haired man answered for the three. "My name is Yamino, and that is of course Loki-sama. And this is Freyr-san," he said motioning to the fashion impaired man beside him. "He is our current client."

As if Ayame couldn't tell that. "Well, I see we do have a bit of work to do. If you two would like to take a seat while I work with Freyr-kun. Tomoyo-chan, there is an extra folding chair in the back."

"Hai." The young girl quickly disappeared into the back of the store.

Ayame returned his attention to the dated style the man was using. "Freyr-kun, is that what you normally wear?"

"Of course. Why…is there something wrong with it?"

Ayame held back all the immediate thoughts that came to mind and struggled for a more delicate answer. "Unless the young woman in question also wears something of that…style, then it may be part of your failure."

Freyr looked down at his outfit. "Yamato Nadesico may not like Freyr's outfit?"

"Yamato Nadesico?" Tomoyo asked as she returned with a plain folding chair.

"Her real name is Mayura. Freyr-san merely prefers to call her by that name."

Ayame casually flipped his hair back and gazed up arrogantly. "Well, that will have to stop immediately."

Freyr looked confused. "Why?"

Ayame smiled wickedly and with snake-like smoothness he slid in front of Freyr, taking the man's chin in his slender fingers. He leaned his face in close to Freyr's and spoke in a sensual whisper. "Because there is nothing a woman's enjoys more than her name on her lover's lips. And once the name is there, the woman will follow."

The young man's face quickly turned a deep crimson shade. Behind him Loki was stifling his laughter. "It seems you are as good as your reputation suggests, Ayame-san."

The silver-haired shopkeeper released his victim and smiled. "I never disappoint." He turned back to Freyr. "Now, let me hear you say the woman's name."

Freyr's eyes wandered the ground as he slowly built up the courage to speak. "M…May…May…Mayu." Freyr sighed. "It's no use. Freyr does not even deserve to say Yamato Nadesico's true name."

"Well, then, you might as well leave, because you will never be able to win her if you can't even say her name."

Ayame backed away slightly as the previously distraught man seemed to glow with determination. "Freyr will not give up! Freyr will win Yamato Nadesico's heart! Freyr will say her name! Freyr will say…May…Mayu…MAYURA!"

Ayame tapped at his ringing ears and shook his head slightly. "Well, at least you managed to say it. Now we just have to work on how you say it."

"How?" Freyr asked as he struggled to recover from his outburst.

"Yes, how. The way you just said it will hardly woo any female. You sounded ready to fight her, not make love to her." The scarlet hue returned to Freyr's face. "When you say her name it should convey everything you think of her in that single word."

Freyr looked at him confused. Ayame took a deep breath and approached Tomoyo who was seated on her stool behind the counter. "Tomoyo-chan, will you help me demonstrate?"

"Of course, Ayame-sama."

The girl quickly jumped off her stool and walked over to Ayame. He knelt down so the two were eye level before turning his head to the others.

"As of now I know that Tomoyo-chan is my wonderful assistant and very good at her job. She is kind and playful, a bit camera obsessed, but has a fun childish quality about her." He turned back to Tomoyo. "Isn't that right, To.mo.yo-chan?"

"Hai," the little girl beamed at the sound of her name.

"Now, let's say that's not what I thought of Tomoyo-chan. Perhaps I decided to have more than just a platonic admiration for her and I wanted her to feel the same way. That must be conveyed as well. Right, Tomoyo," Ayame said her name is a low, seductive tone.

The little girl's attention locked onto Ayame as a myriad of colors billowed around her petite figure. "Correct, Ayame-sama."

He smiled and stood up. "And with that any woman can be won."

Ayame started back to Freyr only to hear soft footsteps behind him. When he turned back he found Tomoyo still staring dreamily up at him. He smiled playfully. "To.mo.yo-chan, don't you still have to finish the adjustments on Kyo's costume?"

That brought Tomoyo from her trance and she rubbed the hearts from her eyes. "Right!" She ran into the back only to return to her counter with a bright orange suit jacket.

Ayame, once again, focused on Freyr. "So, do you understand now?"

He nodded, but still seemed doubtful. The two spent over an hour working that one word and with limited success. Tomoyo had managed to convince Loki to act as a model for her as she worked on the details of the brightly colored costume, while Yamino had taken to making everyone a morning snack from the various foods still in the shop's small fridge.

Ayame dropped into one of the chairs and sighed. "I am beginning to think you really are hopeless."

Loki looked at him skeptically. "This from the man who never disappoints?"

"I didn't say I was done, but little progress is being made."

"Freyr's sorry. It is just, it has been so long that the idea of Yamato Nad…Mayura returning these feelings…It's impossible to imagine no matter how much Freyr wants it."

There was a malevolent glimmer in Ayame's eyes. "You wish to please her, don't you?"

"Hai," Freyr hesitantly replied.

The slippery shopkeeper stood and smiled at his unsuspecting customer. "If you cannot convey to her your feelings, then merely make your words the most enjoyable thing to hear."

Ayame raised his finger to just in front of Freyr's forehead and slowly lowered them over his face as he spoke. "Make it so just saying her name causes her to feel the most…intimate pleasure."

The man's brown eyes widened in shock. "Can…can Freyr do that?"

"If you wish to truly please her."

"Freyr." Loki's cold voice filled the shop. "I indulged this quest of yours, but I hope you don't intend to do anything with Mayura. It wouldn't be good for your health if Mayura should be hurt in any way."

For a moment Ayame thought Loki's eyes glowed a dim red, but it was fleeting. Freyr, however, appeared highly insulted. "Freyr would never do anything to hurt Mayura! Freyr is a gentleman, unlike some people."

"Are you implying something, God-boy?" Loki retorted, unable to do more as the oversized jacket he modeled kept him from moving.

"You led Freyr's precious imouto astray, toying with her emotions." He clasped his hands together and stared out to nothing as he spoke of Freya. "Freyr would never do such a cruel thing to Mayura. Freyr will treat Mayura as the goddess she should be."

The only thing keeping Loki from running over and hitting Freyr was Tomoyo still diligently making alterations to the orange jacket. Since he couldn't physically abuse Freyr, Loki opted for a more mischievous route. He tossed back his head smugly and formed an evil smirk on his face.

"Even if you do that you will never win Mayura. Maybe I should just change into my adult form every once in a while and show you how to do it. The first time Mayura saw me like that she could barely speak. I'm sure I could easily steal her away."

Freyr's eyebrow made a foreign motion…it twitched. "Steal Mayura away from Freyr?" There was that twitch again. "Do you think The Phantom Thief Freyr would let you steal his Mayura from him?!"

"Like he could stop me," Loki scoffed.

Freyr was about to rush over and begin the fight himself when two long arms wrapped around his neck and held him in place. "Freyr-kun, what did you just say?"

Freyr was confused by Ayame's playful tone and calmed down. "Freyr asked if Loki thought he could steal Mayura from Freyr."

One of Ayame's fingers waved back and forth in front of Freyr's face. "That's not what you said. You said, do you think you would let Loki-kun take your Mayura."

Freyr's eyes widened to twice their normal size. "Freyr said that?"

He could feel Ayame's head nodding beside him. "Job one done. You can say her name. Job two, to stop saying yours."

Loki sighed and resigned himself to another few hours of modeling for the underage seamstress.

"Stop saying Freyr's name?"

Ayame spun the young god around so they were face to face. "Oh yes, your name must never be more important than hers. So now you must learn to say 'I' and 'me' so that her name is the only one you speak in a sentence."

Loki's fears were right, as they had finished not only Yamino's morning snack, but also the lunch he went out and bought for everyone before Ayame was finished with 'job two.'

Ayame took a moment's rest in the one plush chair in the store. "Loki-kun, you get a little break now."

The small boy, who was currently sporting a tuxedo jacket, which was not too big considering his short stature, turned to the shopkeeper. "What do you mean?"

Ayame's golden gaze locked on Tomoyo's brown one. "Tomoyo-chan, have fun."

Extremely hyper, giddy laughter filled the small shop as Tomoyo ran into the back room. With his long legs, Ayame pushed the metal folding chair towards Freyr. "Have a seat, Freyr-kun."

Tomoyo returned with her hands behind her back and a malevolent smile not even Heimdell could have produced. She hurried to her stool behind the counter and proceeded to drag it over to Freyr. Considering the trouble the small girl had with her much larger stool, Yamino hurried over and helped her carry it. As she composed herself Loki was able to catch a glimpse of what she had retrieved from the back room and cringed. He was beginning to wonder if maybe these two were evil gods sent by Odin, but then again, they would be trying to kill him and not torture Freyr. A job they were doing with the utmost mastery.

The girl's eyes lit up as she climbed her stool now placed behind Freyr's chair. "What…what are you going to do to...me?"

If life were a horror novel lightning would have struck at that moment to highlight Tomoyo's sinister expression. With god-like speed and precision Tomoyo's hands were at the sides of Freyr's head, a comb in one and a pair of scissors in the other. Freyr swallowed as his eyes locked on the sharpened blades so near his right ear.

Bing.

Freyr jumped. Tomoyo glared. Ayame laughed. Yamino tripped. Over Loki.

Postino just ignored their reactions, as he had become accustomed to the shops unusual patronage. He walked over to Ayame and handed him a medium sized box and a clipboard. "Good help is hard to find, make sure they are on time. I'll be here at ten tomorrow."

Yamino looked carefully at Postino before waving as he struggled to recover from his fall. "Hello again, Postino."

Loki looked up at him. "Again?"

Yamino nodded. "Yes, he made a delivery to the mansion this morning before we left."

Other than a nod to the green haired man, Postino ignored them.

Ayame continued to laugh as he signed the delivery slip. "Thank you, Postino. I can go call the workers now. And I must apologize for not being…available yesterday."

Postino cringed slightly at the mention of the previous day. His eyes swept the store and landed on the plush gray rat atop the register. "That's the only rat here now, right?"

A melancholy expression settled on Ayame's face. "Sadly yes, Yuki just won't stay here no matter what I try."

Tomoyo paused in her brushing of Freyr's brown hair. "Well, maybe if you didn't try to dress him up like a gay rock star he might be nicer."

"But he looked so kawaii in that outfit," Ayame said as stars danced in front of his face.

A cold chill ran down Postino's spine and he quickly snatched the clipboard from Ayame's hands. "Just make sure they are here when I arrive."

Bing Bing.

Loki might not like mysteries as much as Mayura, but that was too much even for his curiosity. "You dressed a rat up like a gay rock star?"

Ayame and Tomoyo both laughed. "No, no, my brother, Yuki. You could say he has very…rat-like qualities."

Yamino and Loki exchanged a confused glance, though Tomoyo's unusually strong hand kept Freyr from joining them. Before any of them could ask anymore questions Ayame stood up and headed for the back room.

"Tomoyo-chan, I am going to call Kaka-kun and tell him when to arrive for the shipment tomorrow and then find something for Freyr-kun to change into once you're done."

"Alright, Ayame-sama."

A few moments later the first snip was heard echoing throughout the store. Loki was surprised that Freyr was actually letting the young girl cut his hair without even asking what it would look like afterwards, but then, he was trusting everything else to them. Tomoyo diligently worked, combing and cutting; she grabbed a small spray bottle from the back and used it to help mold Freyr's unruly locks. With Ayame in the back and Tomoyo preoccupied it was fairly boring for Loki and Yamino. The only real entertainment was the ever-changing expressions on Freyr's face.

The haircut didn't take more than a half-hour or so to complete and Loki had to admit, for her age Tomoyo definitely knew what she was doing. With a new outfit Freyr just might actually get Mayura to notice him.

Tomoyo jumped down from her stool and examined her masterpiece, obviously pleased with the results. "Now all you need are your new clothes. Ayame-sama," Tomoyo called to the back, "I'm done here."

Ayame's silver covered head popped out from the back to look at his prodigy's creation. "Very well done, Tomoyo-chan. Freyr-kun, if you could come back here now."

Freyr quietly complied with his request and headed to the back room…and Ayame. Loki nearly laughed at the shocked face Tomoyo made when she turned to see Yamino sweeping up the debris from the haircut.

"Yamino-san, where did you get the broom from?" the curious girl asked.

"Oh this?" He held the metal broom out and pressed a small gray button at the top. The bristles all retracted inward followed by the metal of the stick until it was a small handheld rod. "I got this mail-order. You never know when you will need it."

With the floor cleaned and her stool back behind the counter, Tomoyo returned to her work on some costume or another. Loki was just getting to be bored by the silence when he realized he should have been enjoying it.

Bing!

In the doorway stood one out of breath high school girl clutching a small black dog. Her pale pink hair flew around as her brown eyes locked on Loki's small form.

"Loki-kun! How could you go on a case without me?!" the girl cried as she walked in front of Loki and Yamino.

"Mayura-san, you don't understand everything." Yamino said trying to calm the young girl. "We couldn't bring you on this case."

"Why not?" she whined.

"Mayura, how did you find us here?" Loki spoke to her, but stared at the dog in her hands.

"Huh? Oh, well, all I had was the note, but Fenrir was left at home and you usually always have him with you so I figured he would be able to track you down." The girl lifted the small dog to her face and rubbed her cheek against his neck. "He is such a good detective dog."

"Fenrir," Loki said in a low, cold tone. "You were suppose to make sure she didn't find us."

The pup whimpered slightly and tried to free himself of Mayura's oppressive grip. "But I missed you, Daddy."

Fenrir managed to free himself of Mayura and leapt for Loki's waiting arms but stopped halfway. He turned, still in mid air, to see two brown-turned-glowing-yellow eyes staring down at him as he was being pulled toward the small figure's chest.

"Kawaii!" Tomoyo cried. "You're just like a mini-Shigure!"

At the mention of a familiar name Ayame slipped out of the back and was kneeling in front of the black dog still clasped in Tomoyo's arms.

"My, he does look like Shigure did when he was younger. Only Shigure was much cuter."

"Hey, I worked hard to be cute, you bastard!" Fenrir barked.

Tomoyo tapped Fenrir on the head reproachfully. "Cute dogs don't use language like that."

"Huh, what are you talking about?" Mayura asked.

Yamino quickly diverted Mayura's attention away as Loki looked up at the two shopkeepers. "You can hear Fenrir?"

"Well, of course, although he is rather foul mouthed for a puppy," Ayame said nonchalantly.

"And you don't care a dog can talk?" Maybe they really were evil gods.

Tomoyo and Ayame exchanged a glance. "Should we?"

"Normally only those with magic can hear Fenrir, but I don't sense any in either of you."

"We may not have magic, but we are used to it. Half our clientele has some power or another."

"Then, can you see him?" Loki pointed to the top of his head where a soft, white creature had been sleeping for most of the day.

Tomoyo looked up expectantly. "I wanted to grab him, but he hasn't woken up yet…but he looks so kawaii."

A single hand moved from Fenrir and up to Eechan, stopping just before it touched. Surprisingly even with only one hand holding him Fenrir was still unable to free himself. What did this girl eat to get so strong?

Pink hair brushed Tomoyo's hand as Mayura gazed down on Loki's head. "What's going on? Is Loki's hair messed up?"

Tomoyo just smiled and resumed her two-armed hold on Fenrir. "Nope, all fixed now."

She looked between Loki and Tomoyo and let a mischievous smirk play over her lips. "Loki-kun, don't tell me you are cheating on Reiya-chan? Is that why you wanted to come here alone?"

"Don't be so stupid, Mayura. We were hired to come here."

Mayura's hands clapped loudly above Loki's head, waking Eechan. Tomoyo's hands moved with lightning speed, releasing Fenrir and snatching Eechan up before Mayura even noticed she had moved at all.

"Is there something mysterious happening here? Aliens abducting the workers? Clothing flying around the store? Strange animal mutation? Fushigi Mystery!"

Ayame went into an unusual choking fit but quickly recovered. Loki held up his hands to stop Mayura's rambling. "We were merely hired to find this store for the client. Nothing mysterious, just a search. Completely boring, I knew you wouldn't like it."

"Are you sure there is no mystery?" Mayura pouted. Her brown eyes shifted to the two shopkeepers who were busily petting Eechan. "Maybe you two are the mystery?"

Ayame and Tomoyo froze under the girl's excited glare. "What…whatever are you talking about?" Ayame stuttered. "We are just your average clothing store attendants."

While Loki highly doubted that, telling Mayura would have been a big mistake. She leaned in close to Tomoyo, their noses barely an inch apart. "Why would a girl so young be working in a clothing store, during the day none the less? Don't you go to school? You aren't even old enough to work. Maybe he has kidnapped you and is holding you hostage till your family agrees to pay him a huge ransom. Have you become attached to your kidnapper yet? Do you not want to leave because you have learned about his terrible past and now feel sorry for him?"

Tomoyo coughed once to compose herself. "I love clothes. School is on break. I happen to have a special permit to work. I wasn't kidnapped and though my family could pay a huge ransom, they aren't. I am very much attached to Ayame-sama in a perfectly platonic way. And I refuse to answer your last question."

Mayura eyed the young girl a moment longer before turning to Ayame. "Then you must hold the mystery. Why would you want a child working for you? Is she blackmailing you so she can work here? Or maybe she is your illegitimate daughter and this is the only way you can be together. Does her mother know about you?"

Ayame resigned himself to the same fate Tomoyo had. "Tomoyo-chan is one of the best assistants I have had. She is not blackmailing me. She is not my daughter, illegitimate or otherwise. And not only did her mother provide us with all the video equipment in the store, but we have had tea on several occasions."

Mayura flopped into the chair next to Loki feeling rather defeated. "There really are no mysteries here?"

"Not one," Loki said again.

"Then why did you have to find it and why couldn't I come?"

"Because if you did we would not have been able to fulfill our clients' request?"

"Are you saying I would have been in the way?!" Mayura asked angrily, jumping out of her seat…and knocking right into Tomoyo…who fell forward…onto Ayame.

Poof!

Loki, Mayura, Yamino, and Fenrir all looked at the cloud of silver smoke that had been where Ayame stood. Inside the fog they could make out the faint silhouette of Tomoyo on her hands and knees, Eechan being held in place by its tail still in the girl's hand. A long bought of giggling ensued followed by what Loki thought was Tomoyo saying, "Ayame-sama that tickles," though it was so soft he wasn't sure. As for the storeowner, he was nowhere in sight.

When the fog settled Tomoyo was sitting, mostly composed with Eechan in her lap, on a small pile of cloth, which to Loki looked suspiciously like Ayame's clothes. Mayura looked furiously around the store, her eyes alight with anticipation.

"What was that smoke? And where did the shopkeeper go? Did he turn into that smoke and drift away? Oh! Fushigi Mystery!"

Tomoyo laughed a very mischievous laugh. "Silly, Ayame-sama went into the back room while you were sitting down. Don't you remember seeing him leave?"

Loki knew that wasn't true, but Mayura seemed in doubt. "He did? I don't think I saw him leave."

"But you were so involved in your conversation with Loki-kun it is understandable."

"Then what was that smoke, and what are you sitting on?" Mayura asked pointing to the clothing beneath the small girl.

"Mayura, would you like to see my pet?" Tomoyo asked blatantly, changing the subject.

Once again, Mayura's short attention span saved Tomoyo as she eagerly looked down at the girl. "Oh is it a dog? Or a cat? Or maybe an alien creature?"

Tomoyo laughed the same sinister laugh she had when she was about to cut Freyr's hair. She lifted her right arm towards Mayura, releasing Eechan to fly back to its spot on Loki's head.

"Oh no, it is so much better than either of those." A long silver serpentine form slid out from Tomoyo's cuff. "It's a hebi."

Mayura's body froze as the snake slowly rose from the confines of Tomoyo's clothes. Her eyes were locked in a mixture of shock and disgust, while the edges of her mouth formed a terrified smile.

"H…he…he…hebi!" Mayura screamed turning around and running for the door, slamming into the glass which she, in her haste, did not open, and effectively knocked herself out.

Tomoyo smiled down at the snake. "She took that better than I thought, Ayame-sama. Most girls really hate to be anywhere near a hebi."

The snake turned its head so that its gold eyes stared into Tomoyo's brown ones. "I suppose that is the fate of both Yuki and I. We are loved by women in one form and hated by them in the other."

Yamino was dragging Mayura's unconscious form back to the plush chair. "So that is what you meant by dressing a rat like a rock star and referring to your brother?"

If a snake can smile, Ayame did. "Yuki turns into a rat, though he was in his human form when I dressed him in Shuichi-kun's outfit."

At the mention of Shuichi's name Mayura bolted up and stared at the snake. "Shindou Shuichi! Of 'Bad Luck'!"

Ayame nodded. "They all come here for their clothes."

Mayura stared dreamily into the air, while Loki looked at her confused. "Mayura, aren't you still afraid of the hebi?"

"Why should I, this is all just a dream! Shindou Shuichi wouldn't really come to a store like this." With that said Mayura proceeded to pass out again.

Ayame slid up Tomoyo's arm and coiled around her neck. "The scary thing is she seems like the perfect match for Freyr-kun."

The rest of them solemnly nodded their agreement. Loki came over and gazed up at Ayame's serpentine form. "He is a good hebi, but mine is better."

Tomoyo scoffed. "Ayame-sama is the best in every form."

Ayame beamed from Tomoyo's compliment. It was Loki's turn to scoff.

"Yamino-kun is a much better hebi than him." Yamino blushed.

"No he's not!"

"Of course he is."

Yamino watched the exchange noting Loki was acting more his appearance than his age. Finally, Loki's voice brought him from his thoughts.

"Yamino-kun, show them."

The man hesitantly scratched at the back of his neck. "Here in the store, Loki-sama?"

"You don't have to change completely, just show them why you're better."

Yamino blushed again, but it was drowned out by a pale blue glow surrounding his body. His eyes had changed from green to the same intense blue around him. The glow soon changed and took shape, filling the room with the outline of a giant snake, its head leaning down to face Ayame and Tomoyo.

Both snake and girl stared into the blue slits that made the giant snake's eyes. Finally, Tomoyo took a deep breath. "Ayame-sama's still better."

"Yamino-kun is better."

"Nope."

Yamino returned to his previous disposition as the two children bickered back and forth. It was Ayame who stopped them.

"Tomoyo-chan, I had better go to the back and change back before Mayura-san wakes up again."

"Right, Ayame-sama." She lowered till her hand was touching the floor and Ayame slid away to the back room.

A few seconds later a soft poof was heard, soon followed by Ayame walking out buttoning up his shirt. "It seems Freyr-kun is ready to see if we have all fulfilled his request."

"I'm surprised he stayed back there when Mayura arrived," Loki said.

Ayame laughed. "This is his first appearance to her like this. He is a bit nervous."

"Well, we had better wake Mayura-san up then." Yamino approached the unconscious girl and lightly tapped against her cheek. "Mayura-san. Mayura-san, wake up."

Mayura struggled to focus on her surroundings. "What…what happened?"

Loki smirked. "You ran into a door."

Mayura blushed as she remembered the rather embarrassing scene. She hesitantly glanced over at Tomoyo. "The hebi is gone now, right?"

"Yes, I put him away since you didn't seem to like him."

She let out a relieved sigh, but soon noticed something very peculiar. "Why are you all staring at me?"

"You wanted to know why we were here?" Loki asked.

Mayura nodded excitedly at Loki, not noticing the figure approaching from behind.

"I asked him to find it," a strong voice said.

Mayura slowly turned around and stared up at the man before her. His brown hair was cut short in the back, but let longer near the top giving it a free, wavy appearance, while his long bangs partially covered his soft brown eyes. It swayed back and forth over his face (as a result of the fan Tomoyo had hurriedly turned on) causing the shadows to play across his brow and giving him an air of mystery. He wore a white shirt splashed with black, as if paint had been thrown from a brush onto the fabric, beneath an open silver silk vest. His loose black pants rested over shined black shoes and to top the whole outfit off was a long gray trench coat, also moving to the small breeze circulating in the store.

Mayura's eyes pounded with hearts as she stared up at the young man before her. "Who…who are you?"

"It's me, Freyr," he said stepping forward slightly.

"Kaitou-san?"

"Please, there isn't a need for such formalities. Just Freyr. Will you call me that, Mayura?"

Mayura's knees gave out at the sound of her name only for her to be caught by Freyr and pulled into a supporting embrace. "Hai, Freyr."

He smiled down at her. "I had thought nothing would be sweeter than hearing my name on your lips, but I was wrong."

Mayura barely comprehended his words. "Wrong?"

"Yes, there would be one thing sweeter, Mayura."

"W…what?" she was barely able to speak now.

"This." Freyr leaned down and kissed her lightly.

When he released her, Mayura was lost in her own world of bliss and completely refusing to leave. He gently placed her back into the cushioned chair, a smile plastered over her face.

Ayame looked about to cry. "That was perfect, Freyr-kun. You even affected Tomoyo-chan."

They all looked over to the small girl continually rewinding and replaying the scene on a small handheld camcorder. Ayame left Tomoyo to her video and turned to the other men. "Now I suppose all there is left is the matter of payment."

Ayame stood stunned as the dust settled. Only Yamino remained in the small store, looking as shocked as Ayame. Mayura had even been taken from her chair, undoubtedly by Freyr. Ayame stared at Yamino questioningly.

"Don't worry, I can pay."

They headed for the register but it was blocked by Tomoyo, still replaying the scene. On a spike of courage, Ayame took the camcorder from the girl's hands and placed it on a high shelf. Tomoyo's eyes burned into the shopkeeper but he refused to return the video.

"I think you are a little too young for that. Maybe in a few years."

The angry girl grabbed Ayame around the waist and soon held the silver snake by the neck, stuffing him into her shirt. Then she turned and smiled at Yamino.

"It's on the house if you can get me my camera."

"Tomoyo-chan, no, do you know how much work I put into him!"

Yamino agreed but left a business card just in case. He didn't dare cross the young girl. Tomoyo returned to her previous activities making sure Ayame couldn't leave the confines of her clothing. For a moment Tomoyo closed her eyes and let her imagination wander. With the sun setting in the background, she saw the young man's brown hair brushing against the face of the one he loves.

"Sakura, I love you."

The girl smiled. "Shoaran, I love you too."

Tomoyo laughed giddily at the mere idea of capturing Sakura's confession on tape too.

------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

Yo, Neechan #2 here again. Hope you liked it. I couldn't resist the idea of making Freyr ever so cool. I would fall for that Freyr. ::thinks of Freyr:: Nice. Anyway, for your translation purposes, here we go.

The honorifics you should know by the other chps. If you failed to read the other chps, go back and read them. Bad you. Hai and Kawaii you should know from chp 2.

Hebi - snake, if you couldn't guess.

Imouto - little sister

Fushigi - strange or mystery, for this it is usually translated as 'Strange Mystery'

People. Ayame, Tomoyo, and Postino should be understood by now.

Loki, Yamino, Freyr (and Freya), Mayura, Fenrir, and Eechan are all from Matantei Loki Ragnarok. (Note: Mayura refers to Freyr as Kaitou, which translates to Phantom Thief, as Freyr refers to himself at one point.)

Shigure, Yuki, and Kyo (his jacket is referred to) are from Fruits Basket.

Sakura and Shoaran are from Card Captor Sakura.

The reference to Shindou Shiuchi you can get from Wednesday's notes.

Oh, and Kaka-kun…go through yesterday and today and try to figure out who the 'help' is for Friday. It is going to be a bit longer of a chp, maybe two chps considering we have a lot to go through. So just be patient and remember to review!

And on a side note, if you were trying to imagine Freyr's new hairstyle just go find a picture of Tasuki from Fushigi Yuugi. I used him as a model for Freyr's hair.

Neechan #1 reads and falls over at the thought of that Freyr…then Neechan #2 mentions Tasuki and Neechan #1 falls over yet again.