Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Heart of Faith ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Since someone asked me to put more ccs scenes... I gave u these... though, that's why I put the fic on Yugioh section... and it was a sequel to a Yugioh story... but never mind...


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... hmm... I ran out of ridiculous ideas... I've had a friend called Malik, and Rashid... no,no,no... I'll have a friend whose REAL NAME was Kaiba!! Hmm... (And it's NOT that """" that pretend himself to being Seto... just because he was the creator of KaibaCorp website!! And man... that guy must have just watched YGO until before Alcatraz ONLY. He didn't even acknowledged that Seto and Yugi made great friends, I mean... Seto-sama was looking almost too happy when he found Yugi safe after the Doma incident..!! Okay... end rant..)

Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.

WARNING: Your brains might be screwed up after swallowing a lot of confusing theories and philosophies. Please... be advised to fasten your seatbelts and tighten your helmets.. (Az: Wha--? Are we taking a plane right now?) No... but this is to ensure that no one had their brains melted... (Az: Oh man... blame myself to putting a robot to do the warning announcement...)


Heart of Faith

Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie

Day 8. 10.00 pm. Night.

Since the events on two days before, none of the enemy's spirit monsters had revealed themselves again to Sakura-tachi. Peace was gained for a while in Tomoeda

Sakura jumped on her fluffy bed as she stared longingly towards Black Magician Girl card. She smiled a little, thinking about the great help the mage had given her. 'And that white dragon was really beautiful...', sighed Sakura as she landed her head on the pillow.

'Then... do you want to see her again?!', came a voice as Black Magician Girl came out from the card. Sakura jumped in surprise as she hurriedly locked her bedroom door...

--

Touya glanced upwards towards the direction of Sakura's room as he mumbled something incoherent. Fujitaka Kinomoto looked at his son with concern. 'Anything troubling you, Touya..?'

Touya shrugged as he placed some meat onto his ricebowl. 'Nope... probably a gozilla going off romping upstairs...', Touya remarked sarcastically as his father cast him a stern look. 'Touya... your sister was already 16 years old!! Can't the name-callings between you two stops? You are being over-protective over your little sister, even till now... I know. You called her things to hide that concern of you towards her. But, surely no more bickering between you two... hmm?', said Fujitaka as Touya gave a sigh.

But strange things were happening right now... and even if that strange cat was gone, I still feel unease..., thought Touya in concern as he smiled weakly at his father...

--

The cheerful girl hopped onto Sakura's bed as Sakura and Kero-chan sat opposite. 'Now... do you want to know more about my master? And probably about Blue Eyes-san?'

Sakura shyly smiled at her. 'Do tell... Black Magician Girl-san. I'd like to know... your powers seemed a little strange to me...', she said as Mana waved her hand at her. 'Oh!! No formalities... call me Mana!! And our source of power... well, on Yugi-sama's side... it's related to the old Egyptian magic. But then, there are some that have their powers from other sources!! Like one time when a group of people tried to take master's soul... Anyway... Yugi-sama had never really thought me as his servants, he regarded all of us as his companions... Master always trusted the heart of the cards when he's dueling. Him and Pharaoh-sama!!'

Sakura and Kero's eyes fell wide open as they heard her. 'Pharaoh?! What do you mean... Mana-san?', gasped Sakura as Kero was looking at her in amazement. Mana chuckled a little as she realized that she had spoken too soon. 'Aah!! Well... it's a long story, and it was related to an event in Ancient Egyptian, 3000 years ago. Umm... I tell you about it later, ne? Just one thing... Sakura-san, do you trust Yugi-sama?!', cried Mana as she grabbed Sakura's hand. Sakura nodded feverishly as Mana sighed in relief.

Mana smiled. 'Thanks... it means a lot. Since this trouble that had been chasing you had something that involved deeply with the dark powers. The powers... that my master and his companions knew very well. And also, something that Yugi-sama had thought have ended a few years ago...', said Mana with a hint of sorrow as Sakura patted her shoulders to comfort her. Kero flew towards her.

'Don't worry, you can count on Sakura for anything!! I bet you guys also wondered about the source of Sakura's powers!! Hehe... but, how do you know that this enemy was after Sakura?', cried Kero as Mana shook her head. 'We didn't... it so happened that when we tried tracing the trail of the enemy after he attacked Yugi-sama and Seto-sama, we detected a similar magical wave from you. That's why... we thought, that probably... we could find the attacker if we watched over you...', whispered Mana as Kero frowned.

'But Eriol wasn't here, and that kid doesn't know anything about it! And Clow Reed-sama, no... how can it be possible--', gasped Kero as Sakura frowned. Mana shrugged as she tried to cheer them back again. 'Don't worry... we'll find out who was the enemy soon. In no time, Yugi-sama and Seto-sama would reawaken from their slumber and we'll give a hand!! Don't worry...', she said as Sakura smiled again.

'Yeah... then everything will be alright!!', Sakura cried as Mana grinned. 'Umm... oh, mind me... let me tell you about master! Yugi-sama was very kind... like Pharaoh-sama was. Then again, they were the same persons... and Seto-sama, he might look cold to you... but Yugi-sama saw through him and saw his kind heart--', sang Mana as she started telling the two about Yugi, Seto and their companions to the history of the millennium items until the story about the adventures that Yugi and Atemu have faced along all those years...

--

11.30 pm

Aachii...

Shizuka jumped as she thought that she had just heard someone sneezing. She looked around. Nope... she was alone with Seto and Yugi. Jyounouchi and Mokuba had accompanied Yugi's grandpa home while Anzu had to take leave since she had to attend some classes. While the professor and Rebecca had not come visitting today as they rest at Yugi's house. So, could it be... nah, people in coma can't sneeze!!, thought Shizuka silly as she heard someone walking towards the room.

Mokuba smiled at her as he sat beside Seto's bed. 'He looks cute, huh? Any improvement?', whispered the lad as Shizuka shook her head. 'And it's almost a week...', she sighed as Mokuba started to run his hand through his brother's chocolate brown hair. 'Nii-sama... please wake up. Please... this is so not like you to be lying on the bed like this...', moaned Mokuba as he remembered the events before when Yugi had cast the Mind Crush spell on Seto. There is no way that Mokuba had to face it again by himself.

'Mokuba-kun...', sighed Shizuka as Jyounouchi crept into the room. Suddenly Mokuba blinked as he thought he saw something flashing at the corner of his eyes. The lad immediately rushed to grab the thing and was surprised to find Seto's golden pen inside of the latter's coat. 'What was it... Mokuba?', gasped Jyounouchi as Mokuba handed him the pen. 'I thought I saw this thing flashing...', said Mokuba as Jyounouchi tried to fumble with the item but seemed to not be able to get the pen out. 'Strange... I thought I saw Seto easily get the tip out by twisting this rod a little before...', gasped Jyounouchi they begun looking at the 'sennen rod' pen more closely.

'God... it's not a pen, it's solid gold!! Like the real one!!', gasped Jyounouchi as Mokuba frowned deeply. 'Strange... nii-sama never mentioned that he made another sennen rod replica...'

'Could it me that the pen changed magically to become the real miniature rod?!', mused Jyounouchi aloud as he and Mokuba looked at each other. 'Nah---!!', gasped the two. 'Nii-sama would scoff at you if you dared tell him that!!', cried Mokuba as Shizuka cried suddenly. 'Minna... look at this--', she gasped as she pointed towards Yugi, who was still unconscious. His golden neck chain had been lying at the side of the bed as a nurse before had taken it off. And the sennen puzzle locket was out in the open for anyone to see... and the Eye of Horus embossed on it was glowing brightly!! And so, is the miniature rod on Jyounouchi's palm...

'Waa--?', cried the three of them as Jyounouchi dropped the small rod in surprise. But things wasn't left just like that only. Slowly, both Yugi and Seto's face started to regain color and the former's eyes started to flutter...

'Shizuka!! Get the doctor... fast!!', cried Jyounouchi as the girl ran out from the room in hurry...

--

Day 9. 2.00 am. Morning. (And how did Jyounouchi managed to stay up late? Puzzling...)

The doctor shook her head as he finished examining the two patients. 'Nothing... Seto-sama and Yugi had obviously started to recover at an immense speed since two days ago, but it seemed that they had remained in this.. present condition...'

'But we saw it just now!! Yugi had almost opened his eyes!!', cried Jyounouchi as Mokuba and Shizuka nodded profusely. Dr. Souma shrugged a little at the knowledge. 'Then, it means there is much hope for the two patients to recover their consciousness. But the result won't come quickly, the patients had been lying in bed for a week now. It takes a lot of strength from them to regain consciousness. Don't fret... I have a feeling that our patients would wake up in these few days. Keep on giving them encouragements!! Sometimes... miracles could happen...', said the doctor as he walked out of the room.

'...hope so...', whispered Mokuba as he sat beside his brother's bed, holding his hand tightly. Shizuka and Jyounouchi smiled weakly at him as the latter continued to watch Yugi lying lifeless on the bed...

--

Seto looked out towards the clear blue sky as Yugi walked up towards him. 'Mokuba...', sighed Seto as Yugi patted his arm. 'Worried?', asked Yugi as the young CEO nodded. 'Shizuka I didn't worry... she's got that stupid bonkutsu brother of hers and your friends. But Mokuba...'

'Daijoubu da yo..!! Mokuba will be fine... he had been pretty strong during the Duelist Kingdom incident... you know, when you were still unconscious after Atemu cast his Mind Crush on you.', said Yugi slowly, as he felt bad at mentioning the incident. Kaiba looked at him with concern. He sighed a little. 'We seemed to be recollecting all of our bad memories back... huh? Is it just us... or it's because that we were stuck here with nothing to do?'

Yugi shrugged. 'Probably because we got to see our Egyptian selves again. I felt like that... when I saw him again for the first time, that moment when I woke up to this world. Wanting to look back at that past again and wonder if things should have gone that way...'

Kaiba shook his head as he heard Yugi's ramblings. 'The more I stayed with you... the more I noticed that you had became more philosophical, day by day... Was it that bad?'

Yugi glanced at him as he looked away, almost with a hint of old fatigue. 'I still had all those memories with Atemu and me had remained in one body. And of Atemu's old memories... I had them too. I'm not sure by chance... or not. Since I learnt and found more of the traces of history revolving that particular history... and when dad found the traces of the restored kingdom after Seth became the new pharaoh, I kept having dreams of that time. As if... something, wanted me to remember it. Even if history had ceased to remember that there was once a kingdom existed over there that Pharaoh Akunamkanon, Atemu and Seth had reigned...'

'It sounded like a burden... and do you still wanted to keep on living like this?'

Yugi and Kaiba turned around to find Atemu and his cousin standing before them. 'Well, as long as I didn't have the memory of being sealed up in the Millennium Puzzle for 3000 years or the memories of having died once...', said Yugi as he winked at his other self. 'Also, knowing that a part of my ka had existed here in you is enough to support myself to continue living my life to the fullest...'

Atemu sighed as he glanced towards Kaiba. 'Man... he IS becoming philosophical, isn't it?', he cried as Kaiba and Seth chuckled at the retort. Yugi grinned. 'Well... I had told myself before, that my story had only just started anew after finishing that ritual of the souls. And this IS my story... and so, I will keep on creating my own destiny. Surprised that I can think of such deep things? You know of all people that I was once a very quiet person...'

Atemu nodded as he walked up to him and held Yugi tightly. 'I know... and I'm glad that you have grown to be so strong!!', he said as he let go of him. 'Come on... let's try again. We had almost been able to return your souls to your bodies just now... Let's try again!!', he said as all four of them went back towards the ceremonial hall...

--

Yugi glanced at Kaiba as he remembered something funny. And also that phrase that Seto had constantly used recently. 'Hey, Kaiba-kun. You really like to call Jyounouchi bonkutsu so much, isn't it? I remembered Isono referring him as Bonkutsu Jyounouchi that time at the KC Grand Prix opening night! It must have been you, isn't it? It was damn funny!!'

Seto grined as he nodded at him. Atemu, who had been nearby, snorted as he remembered that duel when he had to use a deck that mostly consisted of dragon cards then. 'And you!! I didn't forget that you made me your scapegoat because you didn't want to face Jou about that!!', cried Yugi at Atemu as the pharaoh burst into laughter...

'So dayo... I never quite forgotten that!', cried Atemu delightedly.

[TBC]


az: Hai... don't worry when u see me putting that day numbers... that was to remind me on how much time had passed... I kind of lost track with time... And oh... I hoped that no one would throw me any flames now!! I had to do this since I want Yugi to be one complete person... and technically, Yugi WAS Atemu's present self. As did Seth and Seto... and don't mention Ishizu... or Bakura!! By the way... we never knew Bakura's Egyptian name, is it? I mean... Bakura was a Japanese name... 0.o

And the time on DM world was different and not consistent with the present time. If I had any chance to make it, a day in DM world might be 3 days in the real world!!... so hopefully you guys won't get mixed up... And so.... name suggestions? Please... I got writer's block coz I dunno the villain's name...

A/N: And never mind my long rants... BTW, when this chapter is up... updates will be slower since I'll be starting my 3rd semester in university. Ja... and wish me luck!!