Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arising ❯ Guilt ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: And finally I understood on why they don't show the new movie for the Asian viewers... the plotlines were ULTIMATELY sent crashing to the ground!! Considering they don't show Yami no Game over there.... and the voice act was so funny!! Why on earth this Dan Green made his voice sound so weird while playing Yami?! I was practically laughing my head of every time I heard his scenes... hahaha..

Yugi: And they're right about Tea...

az: Yeah... the friendship speeches... short, but already I wanna puke... Anzu was not THAT bad!!

Seto: Still, you didn't paired Yugi with her...You paired him with Rebecca. And I assumed u like the AtemuXMana pairing...?

az: Hey!! It's so cute....

Yugi: "blushed" aa? Stop it guys!!


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or Cardcaptor Sakura in either the anime or the manga. If I OWNED Yugioh, or the aforesaid anime... hoho... Hmm.. hmm... see me as the next Queen of the Moon Kingdom. Ja ne...

Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi and CLAMP.

Joey's WARNING: Now.... if there's none of me in this chapter... I...(az: Sorry... HE insisted...)


Previously on Darkness Arising....

'I can't help it!!' Anzu cried as she collapsed to the floor...

'It's okay... you don't have to-'

Anzu cast a sorrowful look towards the window...

'-Was everything--'

'-my fault?!..'

Guilt

Written by Azzie/Az .@. Alienna Azuani .@. Yami Azzie

'Hahaha... so lay still!! You were so tall I...'

Anzu and Jyounouchi immediately rushed into the room to find Yugi and Kaiba back. Strangely enough, the two looked a little too sweaty for someone who had been stuck in the hospital...

Yugi grinned as he tried to stick the plaster properly over Seto's cut forehead. 'Now if you could be so obedient... Shizuka, hold him still now...!'

'Yugi!! I can do it myself-!!'

Yugi smirked as Shizuka wrapped her arms around Seto's neck. 'Ne... then it would be no fun...', she said as she placed a kiss on his cheeks. '...and suit yourself for being clumsy...'

Seto glared towards Yugi as the latter made some innocent gestures. What...?! I HAD to tell her something!! And I have no other cleverer story....

'...what do you mean?!', said Anzu as the trio glanced at them. Shizuka jumped off the bed as she skipped towards her brother. Seto groaned as Yugi succeeded in his task and gave a mischievous wink at him.

'Seto-sama had fallen off one of the stairs...!!', cried Shizuka as Yugi burst into suppressed laughter. He giggled as he clutched on Seto's arm for support. Jyounouchi frowned at them as Seto started pouting and glaring angrily at Yugi. 'So where were you guys before this...?'

Seto pulled Yugi to sit by his side as they cast an innocent look at him. 'Everywhere...! We even had some time to play around...', said Seto as Yugi slung his arm around Seto's shoulder. 'Yup... never knew Seto are ALSO able to play a prank!!'

Seto smirked. 'That doctor has it coming...', he drawled as Jyounouchi laughed at him. 'But it got back at you... eh?!', he said as Seto angrily poked Yugi on his waist. Yugi squealed in surprise!!

'No. That. Wasn't. Quite. It!!', he gasped as Seto continued poking at Yugi's ticklish points. The poor thing squealed helplessly as Seto kept him rooted beside him.

'-Aa, I see my favorite patient had been lively today-'

All of them immediately turned their attention at the door as Mutou Sugoroku entered the room. Yugi grinned as he jumped towards him and hugged him. 'Jii-chan!! D'you miss me?', cried the lad as the old man kissed his cheeks affectionately. 'You're my only grandson for crying out loud!! Certainly I missed you... especially since I preferred you over your nagging mom. My head had suffered enough frying pans to date!!'

'Hahaha.... jii-chan!!-', he laughed as he saw Arthur came in. He immediately let go of his grandpa and bowed at the other man. 'Hopkins-kyojin, konnichiwa. Sorry for my rude behavior not long ago-'

The elder man shook his head and motioned the lad to straightened up. Yugi looked at him nervously. 'No need to apologize.. I understand your predicament. I've heard a lot from Sugoroku to note and-'

'Darling-!!' Suddenly a yellow gust of wind rushed towards Yugi and threw him off the floor!! Seto snorted as he looked at the girl amusedly. Yugi frowned at her as Prof. Hopkins voiced out his disapprovement.

'Rebecca-! You shouldn't have-'

'I was so worried!! Darling was not moving and everything- I was so scared!!'

Yugi slowly sat up as he patted the small girl. 'Sorry I've made you worry. But I'm fine now, right? It isn't like when my soul was captured by Doma-', said Yugi, reasuringly. Becky nodded as she hugged him again...

--

It was no surprise that no one noticed the change in Anzu's looks as Shizuka joined the trio and chatted happily together. Though, someone did notice as he looked away after making a note to himself that his sister was indeed a good match with that CEO that he once had a strong dislike before...

'Oh... you liar!!'

Jyounouchi felt a jolt of electric as an old memory started to resurface at the back of his head...

Yugi glanced at him quizzically as the lad faded back to reality. 'Jou-kun, what's da matter? Did I said something wrong?' The blond lad immediately shook his head at the retort. 'No.. what was it you were talking about?'

Rebecca rolled her eyes at him as she resumed talking. 'That Vivian Wong was something all right! Can't keep her mind off darling and Seto-san. But then when I told her that darling and I are definitely together and Seto had Shizuka-chan, she goes-' And another burst of laughter erupted as the youngsters watched Rebecca mimicked Vivian Wong's dissapointed reaction...

--

'Let's have lunch!!', sang Rebecca as everyone started to go out. 'Aargh!!', suddenly the girl cried as she bumped into someone else.

'Gomen nasai-!', exclaimed Mokuba as Rebecca muttered her apologies. Quickly regaining her hyperness, she immediately rushed back to Yugi as she urged everyone to go out. But suddenly Yugi felt a tug on his arm. He glanced around as Jyounouchi gave him a serious look.

'Yugi, we've got to talk-'

Rebecca glanced at Jyounouchi as Yugi gave her some assurance. 'It's okay. You go down first. I'll come later...', he said as Rebecca nodded. After seeing the girl off, Yugi followed the taller friend towards another empty room. Seto followed them secretly, having sensed something...

--

'What's the matter, Jyounouchi-?!'

Jyounouchi looked up at him, still keeping the cold shoulder. 'I- suddenly remembered something...'

'About what?', exclaimed Yugi as Jou continued, '-I remembered that day when Anzu, Honda and I gave you the ultimate betrayal of trust..'

Yugi's eyes widen as he realized what was Jou talking about. And somehow, that long ache that he kept deep inside his heart resurfaced into fresh memories. He immediately turned around to leave as he felt Jou's arm encircling him. 'Yugi, please... do you still hate us for that?'

The shorter of the two slowly freed himself from the other and looked at his friend's face. 'No. I don't bear any more grudges on you guys. Though still, I don't want to think about that again. Having thought that one of you have almost succeeded in taking my life was not something considered pleasant. I had a lot of those kinds of memories in my past life...'

Jyounouchi choked as he realized that Yugi meant the memories that revolved around Pharaoh Atemu, or specifically... his mou hitori no boku. 'But Yugi... can't you still- I know you still not willing to still remained friends with Honda, but me and Anzu-?! Yugi... Anzu, she.. She still-'

'I know.'

And it's Jou's turn to be surprised as Yugi gave him a sorrowful look. 'I know she's still like that. Missing him. But he was my past as Seth was Seto's. There are things that I had long accepted and let go. I remembered that I had once liked her and how she had liked him. And that had already ended. There's no way either of you could make him come back unless you switch my soul with him. Or even kill me and resurrect him through me...'

'Yugi, I don't mean-'

'And she hurting and blaming herself won't even convince me again to ever treat her more than a common friend-'

Jou swore hard as he stared blankly at him. '-you knew?'

Yugi nodded as he started leaving. 'Yugi, wait!!', Yugi paused, '-that time, if Black Magician hadn't have stopped you... Would you really attack us-?'

The spiky-haired lad slowly walked towards the door as he twisted the knob...

--

Seto gasped as he came face to face with Yugi at the other side of the door. Feeling devastated, he tried to apologize but Yugi stopped him from doing so. As at some point, Yugi felt that he too needed to apologize to Seto.

Seto glanced inside to find that Jyounouchi had collapsed to the floor, utterly disoriented. He glanced back towards Yugi and realized that the lad was about to break. Understanding his predicament, Seto led him away and patted his shoulders reassuringly. 'It's okay... I don't blame you, pharaoh...', whispered Seto softly to the other as they walked away.

--

Jyounouchi looked up towards the door as he watched Kaiba led Yugi away. He moaned as feelings of guilt started to sink in...

'-if Black Magician hadn't have stopped you... Would you really attack us-?'

'No. In fact, Mahado did not stopped me from attacking you two... he stopped me from destroying myself...'

'Wha- Yugi, what do you mean?!!'

'I was going to do the exact same thing that had once destroyed the darkness in Seth's heart and restored his will free from Akunadin's. Sacrificing my own life in order to awaken the soul entrapped by darkness-'

'Yugi-'

Tears started to fall as Jyounouchi reminisced about everything that had happened since their meeting. On that faithful morning that he had gave Yugi that short speech that started their friendship together.

Jou wrapped his hands around his legs as he let himself cry. 'I'm sorry. I'm really sorry!!-'

'Yugi....'

[TBC]

Next, on Darkness Arising... Duel.. STANDBY!!


az: Okay, call me evil but this is the only way to make you read the prequel. So go read and review!! And honestly, I DID NOT NAG YOU, me lil sis!! And I dunno... this semester was not that smooth. Wish me luck on my first programme!! I'm their Logistic & Technical bureau and also a facilitator!!

Seto: Azzie... ur being too harsh on them...

az: Well... the story had turned out that way..

Yugi: And what about that new idea that will be a different story than this arc?

az: I'll see to it after end of semester... lot's to think about...

Yugi: Okay... and what did you do to Jou?

az: Nothing...

Jou: "still crying in the room..."

A/N: Hehehe.... that was quick!!