Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Card Game ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Cardcaptor Sakura Story

Author: yaoi_luver_17 & Rhea

Disclaimer: I don't own it.

Rating: PG-PG-13

Content: Nothing big. There will probably be a semi-R rated love scene at the end but that's about it.

Coupling: Syaoran/Sakura, side couple: Tomoyo/Eriol

A/N: Next chapter. It's been a while since Rhea and I even started this story. We started a year ago and never wrote over summer and I myself don't know what exactly is going on and I typed the first 8 chapters last year and don't feel like re-reading them. So all of you will have to deal with getting your own idea of the story. Review. JA!

Chapter2

"SYAORAN-KUN!" Meiling chorused. "I'm home!"

"Wow!" Sakura and Tomoyo were in awe of the status of the apartment.

Not a speck of dust was in sight. The rooms decorated with colorful furniture and little knick-knacks that, possibly, would have taken forever to collect.

"Hong Kong has a lot of cute stores." Meiling spoke up when taking notice of their admiration of the rooms. "I'll take you guys shopping one day." It wasn't a request, it was a statement that left no escape for the two girls. Not that they wanted to escape. They would love to go on a shopping spree in Hong Kong!

"Okay, Meiling-chan." Sakura perked up. "I've always wanted to go shopping here."

"Great."

"Who are you talking to, Meiling?"

"SYAORAN-KUN!" Meiling cheered and leapt into Li's arms, hugging him closely, completely ignoring their guests.

"S-Syaoran-kun? Sakura blinked, leaning to the side to better view this guy. Suddenly, seeing the cold, lonely eyes set in a slightly annoyed glare clarification dawned on Sakura. "LI-SAN?!"

"K-KINOMOTO-SAN?!" Li gasped, arms flying out to his sides in a quick flail as he jerked away from Sakura and Meiling.

"Nani?" Tomoyo gasped and eyed the brown haired boy that Sakura seemed to know.

"Meiling-chan!" Sakura gasped, quickly noticing the annoyed look in Meiling's eyes. "Gomen, I just had no idea that Li-san was your fiancé." She confessed, sweat dropping as the same glare came to Li's eyes that was in Meiling's. `They're definitely family.' Sakura thought to herself, putting a nervous hand behind her head.

*~*~*~*

With a heavy sigh, Sakura relieved a minimal amount of her tension. The entire evening was a fiasco! Meiling had started giving her the `evil eye' during dinner and it appeared that Li was studying her and trying to measure her up. She couldn't even act like herself under the harsh, scrutinizing eyes.

"Sakura-chan?" Came Tomoyo's soft, concerned voice. "They were really keeping you on edge weren't they?"

Sakura laughed nervously and sweat dropped again for the umpteenth time that evening. It wasn't necessarily the looks both of the Lis were giving her, it was more like the threat Meiling had given her in private and the clip, curt `good-bye' they had given her.

The moment when Meiling had talked to her in private flashed through her memory.

Flashback:

"Listen to me, Kinomoto-san." She ordered formally. "You leave my Syaoran-kun alone or else you'll regret it." She gave her the `Li family glare', as Sakura had dubbed it, and left to go wash the dinner dishes with Tomoyo, who insisted to help.

End Flashback:

"I'll be fine, Tomoyo-chan." Sakura assured as they entered their new apartment.

"Are you sure?" Tomoyo questioned, a truly sincere look overcoming her beautiful countenance.

"Yeah, don't worry about me, Tomoyo-chan. I'll be fine." She repeated and left for her room to turn in for the night.