Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Card Game ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: A Whole New Card Game

Author: yaoi_luver_17 & Rhea

Disclaimer: I don't own it.

Rating: PG-PG-13

Content: Nothing big. There will probably be a semi-R rated love scene at the end but that's about it.

Coupling: Syaoran/Sakura, side couple: Tomoyo/Eriol

Cardcaptor Sakura Story

Chapter 6

By: Rhea & Megan

"How could you possibly know that it's after me, Yue?" Sakura queried, feeling that Kero and Yue knew something important that they were keeping from her.

"Well, you see Sakura..." Kero began, pausing with uncertainty. "Yue and I think that the person who stole the cards was an old rival of Clow's. He may be after you for his revenge." He confessed, voice falling in decibels as he broke the unsettling news to Sakura.

"An enemy of Clow's?" Eriol spoke up, a guilty look appearing on his youthful visage. "If anything he should be after me." Eriol said mournfully, eyes lowering to the cup of tea held absently in his hands.

"Don't say that Eriol-kun." Sakura soothed, her usual worried look crossing her countenance as it always did when something huge like this came up.

This time it was really big, the end of the world big. And it was all because of a reincarnated psycho with a grudge against the previous card owner.

"The card is active?" Li asked to no one specifically.

"No, its not." Kero responded, a hint of enthusiasm in his voice at the groups good fortune.

"Nani?!" Sakura gasped out. "How do you know what card it is and that there is even a card in the first place if it isn't even active?"

Kero's expression dropped into despair. "Sakura-chan...the card is powerful enough to sense even when inert. We can only estimate that its strength will grow even more as it awakens."

Sakura's eyes widened in burgeoning surprise, shock and horror. The card was that powerful? But...how? "There's something you're not telling me." Sakura stated calmly, looking to Kero then Yue with trust and understanding.

Both guardians dropped their heads in a sullen manner, suddenly finding something very interesting about the carpet underneath them. Kero looked up to Yue a minute later, nodding his head in a silent affirmation, as if to tell him `go ahead'. Yue looked at his mistress, worry practically plastered on his face.

"Sakura-chan..." He paused. "We believe that the thief somehow managed to manipulate the powers of the cards and create his own. Each card gave The Destruct card some of its own power, which gave it so much strength."

"We also believe that the card will be able to use all of the other cards' powers." Kero added.

Sakura's eyes widened once more, this time in apparent fear. How much longer until this card actually woke up? Cards were able to consciously hide their powers, so unless the card was in such deep a sleep that it couldn't suppress its power, or...it wished to be found.

Syaoran watched as many emotions flashed across Sakura's face. She seemed to be in a lot of distress, yet no one was making an effort to console her. She looked so lost and upset. Why wasn't anyone saying anything?

He was just about to comfort the girl but she made it first. "I'm gonna go to my room and think this through. Gomen, I don't mean to abandon you all but this is really urgent."

`It's as if she's carrying the weight of the world on those fragile shoulders of hers.' Li thought, giving a look of empathy to the overwhelmed girl. `Well, technically she is.' A distant part of his mind informed him. `I'll help her carry the weight to the end.'

"Gomen, Li-kun." Sakura apologized with a small, warm smile. "I know you wanted to see my powers, but I'll have to show you later."

"Sakura-chan"

Everyone turned to give their full attention to the voice that spoke up. Realizing they were looking at Tomoyo they were a little surprised.

"Why don't you release your wand?"

"My wand?" Sakura blinked, pulling out the star key charm.

"Yes, don't you use magic when you release it?"

"You're right! Tomoyo-chan, you're a genius!" Sakura cheered, pulling the charm over her head and dangling it in front of herself.

A magic circle surrounded Sakura's form just below her feet, a bright light from the circle engulfing the entire room.

"By the power of the stars! Staff of power made by Clow, reveal to me your true form now! RELEASE!"

The key charm grew in length and size as the words were chanted, loosing the key notches and forming a tipped bottom.

Sakura reached out, clutching the staff and whirling it around a few times before she simply held it between her two hands.

Suddenly, the star in the center at the top of the staff began to twirl swiftly and a bright pink light shot from the center, going through the apartment until it ended in Sakura's room.

"What's going on Kero-chan?!" Sakura panicked.

"I don't know Sakura-chan!" Kero answered, observing the scene just as curiously as everyone else had.

Sakura was drawn to the destination of the bright pink light, following the sharp angles around the furniture and to her room. As she reached the door and paused, she felt a familiar feeling. A tingling right at the center of her chest. The feeling was one she usually felt when she sensed...a clow card!