Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Alternate Dimensions ❯ Airports and Malls ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Alternate Dimensions

Chapter Two - Airports and Malls

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - I don't own Card Captor Sakura or it's characters. End of story.

Author's Notes - Wow, it's been forever since I updated this fic. It was put on hiatus for a long time, meaning I put it on hold. Don't get too excited with this update though - it just may go back on hiatus after this chapter :P This is just a fic I work on in my spare time (which I don't have a lot of, considering my other larger fics take up most of that time) and I don't know if I'll ever get around to finishing this.

Pairings/Warnings - Slight Sakura/Syaoran. Rated PG.

Summary - What if Sakura had lost her concentration during the first movie, and had been sent to a different dimension where she's not the Card Captor? Sakura must now find her way back to her dimension with the help of this one's Card Captor, who's a familiar face in her dimension. But trouble's not too far off!

----------

The airport was busy, crowds of people pushing past them as they walked to their designated flight areas and said goodbye to their friends and family. Sakura tried her best to stand still as people rudely pushed past her, staring up at her 'Mother' with an uneasy smile. The last few days had passed relatively slowly, especially for Sakura who was forced to sit in the house when she so badly wanted to go out and find Kero. Now the day had finally arrived - Yelan was going home to sort out her eldest daughters.

"Take care of yourself, Sakura," she said, bringing a pale hand up to brush a strand of hair out of the young girl's eyes. Sakura smiled in response and she looked over at her young niece, "You help her, Meiling."

The dark haired girl nodded once, her raven colored pigtails swishing back and forth. "Don't worry. Sakura will get better and we'll have those Cards caught in no time! We'll make the family proud!"

Yelan gave her a brief smile, turning her attention back to her youngest daughter. She bent down, kissing Sakura on the forehead. "Good luck."

"Have a safe trip!" Sakura replied, watching as Yelan straightened up and started to walk away. Without turning around the woman held up a hand waving one last goodbye as she disappeared into the crowd.

Silence settled upon the girls as they watched her go, the only noise coming rom the people chattering around them and the voice on the announcements overhead.

Finally, Meiling spoke. "It's just you and me now Sakura!" she turned to her favorite cousin with her hands clasped behind her back and a grin on her face, "So, what do you want to do first? You gonna show me around Tomoeda? I haven't been out since I arrived!"

Sakura blinked, staring at the girl. This was a whole new side she was seeing to Meiling, and it unnerved her somewhat. "Didn't Yelan say that I was to rest at home for a week?"

Meiling waved it off. "You've been in bed for over two weeks now. I think you need to get out and get some exercise. Besides," she winked with a evil smile, "I won't tell Aunt Yelan you were out!"

Sakura sweatdropped, seeing a hint of the Meiling she knew back at home. "Meiling, you're evil."

Grabbing her cousin's hand, Meiling started to haul her off in the direction of the exit, careful to go slow. Her dear cousin had just awoken from a serious accident, after all, and although she was going against Yelan's wishes to make Sakura happy, she didn't want to tire the poor girl out too soon.

Sakura didn't protest too much, just happy that she was finally being allowed out of the house for a short while.

Catching a taxi outside the airport, Meiling leaned in between the two front seats as she asked, "Are there any malls here in Tomoeda?"

"There's a mall just south of here," the taxi driver answered her, glancing up to look at her in the mirror as he pulled out of his parking spot.

"Good! I want some new clothes!" Meiling slumped back in the back seat, grinning at Sakura. "We need new clothes if we're going to start school next week."

"I'm pretty sure the school we'll be attending acquires a uniform," Sakura told her, remembering her old black and white uniform. Would they be attending the same school as she had went to in her dimension? She wondered. Would she see all her old friends, even though they didn't remember anything about her?

From beside her, Meiling blinked and scrunched up her nose. "How do you know that? You haven't even seen the school yet!" She suddenly pouted, crossing her arms, "They better not have uniforms!"

"Most school in Japan require them," Sakura told her, looking out the window as they passed houses. All of this was quite familiar territory to her. She continued to look out the window, only half listening to her 'cousin' as they drove towards the mall. Only when they finally arrived there did she finally glance away, returning her attention to Meiling's happy chatter.

Getting out of the taxi, she watched silently as Meiling counted out some money in her hand and handed it to him. She waved her thanks as she joined Sakura on the sidewalk, studying the outside of the mall.

"It's not very big, but it'll have to do."

Once again Sakura found Meiling tugging her along, this time towards the front entrance. Sakura couldn't help but grin as she followed close. Meiling was still as pushy and demanding as ever! That thought made her feel slightly better, even though she still had quite the dilemma on her hands.

-----

Sakura sat down with a sigh, resting her legs as she leaned back on the bench in the hallway of the mall. People walked past her chatting among themselves, but she paid no attention to them as she closed her eyes and leaned her head back. They'd been shopping for the last hour and a half and Sakura was starting to feel tired, her legs almost to the point of giving out. Who would have known that Meiling was such a shopoholic?

Sakura smiled, glancing over at Meiling who was coming towards her with a hand full of bags. But then again, I'm finding out a load of things lately that I didn't know about Meiling.

The dark haired girl sat down next to Sakura, setting the bags down on the floor as she yawned. "I'm bushed!"

"I'd say," Sakura replied with a hint of amusement, "You tired me out just watching you!"

"Shush you," Meiling stuck her tongue out playfully before she checked her watch. "We should probably head back soon. Wei is due to arrive at eight tonight, but I have to hide the evidence and get you back into bed."

Sitting back so that she could look up at the ceiling, Sakura asked, "This Wei guy…what's he like?"

Meiling gave her a puzzled look. "I forgot, you don't remember," she frowned slightly, looking away. "He's been with the family since before I can remember. He's taken care of you since you were a little girl. I guess you could call him your masculine nanny."

"Hn," Sakura turned her head slightly to look at her 'cousin'. "He sounds alright, then."

Meiling looked at her, forcing a smile. Will she ever regain her memories…? The thought of Sakura forever being like this saddened her. If Sakura never remembered, she didn't know what she would do. Suddenly standing, Meiling stretched as she declared, "I'm hungry! Lets hit the food court! What kind of food do they have here in Japan, anyway?"

"I like the omelets with fried rice," Sakura replied as she stood, offering to carry some of Meiling's bags. Some of the clothes within those bags did belong to her, after all, and she didn't want to burden her friend with it, especially since Meiling had paid for it all.

Meiling shook her head, hefting the bags up and swinging them around in a circle as she giggled happily. "No way! You're the sickly one here - I can't have you carrying these! What if you fall down and break your neck? Auntie Yelan would never forgive me!"

"Auntie?" Sakura laughed, chasing after Meiling through the mall.

"What?" Meiling pouted once Sakura had caught up, "I think it's a cute nickname! I've used it since I was three!"

"Really?" Sakura asked, the smile never leaving her lips. It was good to be talking to Meiling, to be able to get to know the real Meiling beneath all of the odd jealousy and hate the dark haired girl showed towards Sakura in her own dimension. She'd learned more about Meiling in the past few days than she had learned about the one in her time since she'd arrived!

Meiling's smile faltered, as it always did when she realized that Sakura didn't remember, and she nodded.

The food court wasn't too crowded when they arrived, mainly do to the fact that dinner had long passed and only the late eaters were now seated with their food. Ordering her favorite with a small side order of noodles, Sakura took her tray and waited for Meiling. Meiling finally chose something that seemed alright (almond bean curd and a peach bun) and joined her. They sat at one of the last tables before the hall began, eating and chatting about their day.

"Mm, this is good!" Meiling said, her mouth half full as she took another bite out of her bun.

Sakura smiled in response, using her chopsticks to lift more rice off her plate. Poking it into her mouth, she sighed in pleasure. Mm, my favorite! "So when will we be starting school?"

Poking the last bit of bun into her mouth, Meiling looked thoughtful before she replied, "Next Monday, I hope. We still have to go talk to the principal and stuff. Yelan's getting our old school to send our records."

Sakura nodded, half wondering what her 'old school' had been like. What had it been like to attend school in Hong Kong? Was it much different from the school she had attended here in Tomoeda? Did she have any friends back there, before her so called 'accident'? Sakura almost laughed out loud as she realized what she was thinking - her thoughts almost sounded like she had been in a coma and didn't remember the past! Sadly, her troubles were much worse than that.

"Hey, Sakura," Meiling suddenly said in a whispery voice, her hand poised just above her food as she looked over Sakura's shoulder. Confused, Sakura tilted her head to one side.

"What?"

"You wouldn't believe what I'm looking at right now," Meiling said, her voice rising slightly as she continued, "I'm looking at the most hottest guy I've ever seen in my life!"

Sakura giggled with a sweatdrop, not bothering to turn around to have a look herself. Girls checked out guys all the time at the mall, and since Meiling hadn't found 'the love of her life' in this dimension, it was expected that she would have her eye on others now. Sakura didn't think much of it, though it was odd not having the other girl fawning over Syaoran.

"He's got the cutest nose I've ever seen," Meiling went on, her head now leaned against the palm of her hands as she openly stared over Sakura's shoulder. She had a dreamy look upon her face as she continued, "The darkest brown eyes, a handsome face, and chestnut brown hair…"

Sakura poked at her 'cousin', laughing as she said, "You're drooling! Stop staring before he notices!"

"I don't care if he notices," Meiling replied. "He's gorgeous!"

Rolling her eyes, Sakura turned in her seat to get a good look at the 'gorgeous' guy for herself. She froze in her seat when she finally spotted him down the hall a bit, a cluster of friends around him as he talked. As if feeling her gaze he suddenly turned, their eyes locking as they stared at each other.

Sakura's breathe hitched in her throat, and she suddenly felt like she couldn't breathe.

"Syaoran…"

To Be Continued…