Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Powers Long Forgotten ❯ The Terror Begins ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's note: Hi to you, all readers. Chapter 3 is here. And my problem isn't solved yet. I'll wait a few more chapters till I decide so tell me whether you want S+S when you have the chance. (Majority wins)

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS, CLAMP does and Patricia A.Killip owns the Forgotten Beasts of Eld.

Key:

'…' = Thoughts

"…" = Speech

~*~*~* = Scene change

Ancient Powers Long Forgotten

Chapter 3: The Terror Begins

Sakura stood in front of an image of the Li's Mansion. She saw the clan's reactions to the latest news in Hong Kong and was not amused. It had stood out on the front page of all the newspapers with large, bold headlines.

"Dragon terrorizes the city. Hundreds found dead."

She had not planned that. Not before she heard Gyld's request.

***********Flashback**************

'Mistress, I have something to ask of you.'

'What is it, Gyld?'

'I had, over the centuries, stripped many merchants and kings of their treasures and kept them for myself. Now I'm away from my cave, I fear for my gold. I need to get them here and watch over them.'

'What if people see you? Gold is easily spotted, even in the dead of the night.'

'Give me a bag or a pouch, to hide them. I shall fly high. Whatever way, I must have my sweet gold.'

'I shall consider that.'

********End of Flashback***********

She had let Gyld go, on one condition. Drop down on Hong Kong on the way and cause chaos there, though she hadn't expected him to do enough damage to kill so many.

Killing.

The Li clan had done that. They had killed many for the want of power, of the cards. Now, she will do the same to them. Let them fear her, just like a prey fears the predator. Let them know what it feels like to be hunted. Attacking the city is not enough. There will be more to come.

'Ter,' she called in her mind. 'I have a mission for you.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The elders are in the meeting room. Everything was frighteningly silent. Nobody dared to speak. The morning news was startling. Unexpected. They thought that nothing would get in their way once they get the Clow cards. They even killed the card mistress. Yet, now here comes something even more horrible. A dragon. A creature existing only in stories. Even them, with all their magic, had not believed in it.

The door opened. The young leader of the clan stood there, waiting for their orders. The eldest of them all threw the copy of news at him, seeing his eyes widen. Just then, the door was threw open and a woman rushed in, obviously out of breath.

"E…Elders. Not good. A falcon, t…tore him to pieces. It left a n…note."

Everybody turned their attention to her, some puzzled.

"A giant falcon came and tore master to pieces. It left a note." The maid, that's what she is, repeated more clearly, having slightly recovered from the shock.

The note, upon her finishing, was immediately grabbed from her hand and passed around. There wasn't much to see. Just a single sentence, but it was enough to drain the color out of the elders' faces.

"What is it?" asked Syaoran, impatient. The note was held out for him. The writing was simple and clear.

'This is just the beginning of my little game, Li Clan.'

"Who could this be…?"

"We have no idea."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

'You made it a bit too dramatically.'

'I did the same thing with the murderers of Aer.'

'Is it fun for you?'

'No. But just killing him will be too boring.'

'I see.'

'You don't mean it when you said it was a game, do you?' Cyrin's thought cut in.

'Figure that out yourself, wise guy.'

'Do you still like that Li guy?'

'Keeper of riddles, you should know the answer to all this. Stop asking me or I'll make you into sausage.'

Cyrin merely chuckled to himself and walked away.

'Gules, you're up next.'

'What is it you want me to do?'

'You shall see.'

Author's note: Sakura's revenge is just beginning and things are already getting bloody… And if you wonder why I didn't put in anything about the Blammor, well, he'll come in later. He is more special then the others. Please R and R.