Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Battle Royale ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BattleRoyale

By Charles Xavier

"And then…I'm glad I found true friends." Kawada

Epilogue

I couldn't help myself. Once our necklaces began to count down to detonation, I had to do it. I had to take Sakura down to end this horrible dream. I lost sight of my left eye when she immediately fired a Magnum shot right across my face. Though blood was dripping from my eye, nothing stopped me from my actions. Aiming my rifle like Eriol taught me to, I screamed with rage and blew away Sakura with every bullet I had in my magazine.

Even after my gun was empty, I still kept my finger on the trigger. I watched Sakura drop her gun, jerking backwards as she clutched her hands upon the holes in her shirt where a dark thick liquid leaked out. Her voice began to crack as the blood began to clog up her voice box and pour out from her mouth. Then, looking up at me for one last time…she smiled…before she went falling back and tumbled down the hill.

Discarding my gun, I shouted her name and ran down to see how she was. But when my fingers sank into the cold blood bleeding around her body, I discovered that she had long gone just before I reached her.

My necklace automatically detached itself from my neck and dropped onto the ground.

And that was when I knew that the game was over.

Mr. Terada and the soldiers pinpointed my location and found me minutes later…then took me away on a helicopter…and to this hospital…and that's how I've ended up in bed here…

So tell me, Diary…am I going insane? After showing you all those diary extracts I took from those terrible days, does killing your best friend actually mean I'm going insane? Well, does it?

Tell me honestly.

Syaoran…Meiling…Eriol…Sakura…they 're all gone, except me. I don't know what to say about that. I don't even know whether I should be happy or sad. Why were we ever chosen to play in this game of survival? I have no idea…but I don't want to play it again. For I find nothing in it except evil…but looking a little forwards rather than back for a minute, I wonder if I'll ever make any new friends once I get back to school, which won't be for a while due to my critical condition. Yet, I know it won't help forgetting the old ones, no matter how hard I try to push it to the back of my memory, especially Sakura Kinomoto…

Wait! Did you hear that? I think heard her voice calling me just now…no, wait. I can see her now, standing in front of my bed…she's looking very happy…smiling the same way she did before she died…well, no use calling for the nurse right now. I think I'll just sit back and relax. I have a feeling she's had enough of me screaming and say I'm seeing something frightening. I don't want to cause any more disturbance because that just makes things worse.

Huh…I'm getting quite tired now. My eyes are starting to fall down. And it's been hard for me to write all of this to you. So I hope you don't mind if I stop now. I have to get some rest.

Good night, Diary. Thank you for listening to my story. I feel a little better now…but for how long?

Tomoyo Daidouji

Author's Note: Yep! That's the end! Please review before you go though! Arigatou!