Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Sakura and a Snowy New Term ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Card Captor Sakura - Altered World
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic is S+S, and has mature concepts. Read at your own risk. I'm poor; don't sue. I don't own CCS at all.

Chapter 15: Sakura and a Snowy New Term
The cover of the book was a deep red, its title read, "The Clow", in bold letters. In the centre of the book, a large yellow canine beast stood, with a red gem ornament on his head. Two white wings extended from his back. By no human interference, a latch opened and the book revealed no pages but a hollow space to contain some object.
"A Dream?" wondered a vague voice, echoing in the abyss.
The book faded away slowly, and Tokyo Tower stood, with the moon illuminated in the night sky. Several lights below shone under the tower, in various directions. Sakura stood on the edge of a building, her cape gently swaying in the wind. Pink, soft petals of a flower that bloomed beautifully in spring, the national flower, fluttered in the air around her, like if the wind had blown to make them fall.
"It's that dream again," said Sakura, as she stood in front of Tokyo Tower, a destiny yet to be fulfilled. Unknown to her, the fated day was approaching.
Sakura's mouth moved and cards created long ago, but possessing great power fluttered in the air, replacing the Sakura blossoms.
Cerberus looked behind himself, towards her, as if he had been with her there all along.
"Kero-chan and I…"
An eye opened, revealing a red iris. A card fluttered into Sakura's grasp, and then it flickered, and disappeared. Sakura opened her mouth in shock, and then looked upwards to see a shadowed figure standing upon the Tokyo Tower. Her hair fanned in wind, her coat billowing.
"I know… I know that person…" said Sakura with widened eyes, "Mizuki-sensei…"
Sakura stepped up, onto the edge of the roof, a pair of wings forming on each shoe. Sakura seemingly fell forward as she moved away from the roof.

Beep beep beep beep…
Sakura groaned and rolled over in her bed, and her alarm clock fell on top of her, still beeping. After a "Hoeeee!" and various struggling, she picked up her alarm clock blearily, and shut off the alarm. Looking around in confusion for a few moments, her eyes caught Cerberus floating in front of her, with his arms and legs both crossed.
"Hoeee…" said Sakura sleepily as she rubbed her eyes, "Kero-chan…"
"You're finally awake," said Cerberus in a less than pleased voice.
"What were you doing…" complained Sakura, with her eyes half-closed.
"The alarm has been going off all this time and you wouldn't get up," berated Cerberus, "And you call yourself an eleventh grader today."
Sakura's eyes snapped fully open and she exclaimed, "That's right!"
She placed her alarm clock back on top of the shelf, and dressed into her Seijou High uniform. She brushed her hair until it was smooth and rushed around her room to look for her school supplies.
Sakura's top drawer from her desk opened by Cerberus's command and the Clow book floated out from there. The book unlatched, and the cards floated and encircled around Cerberus.
With a sigh, Cerberus said, "No matter how much cards you collected or how much magic you've gained, you're still a sleepyhead."
Sakura shot Cerberus an annoyed glare.
Cerberus continued, "And you captured this many cards during spring break too…"
The cards halted and stopped orbiting around Cerberus as he returned them into the book.
Sakura ran down the stairs vigorously and paused at the last step. Touya had left a few days ago to go back to university. At least she wouldn't hear him calling her kaijuu for a while, but she still would miss him.
Sakura heard a few footsteps coming from the kitchen and her father greeted her, "Ohayoo gozaimasu."
"Ohayoo otou-san," she replied as she walked ran over to the kitchen table.
"Ohayoo okaa-san," Sakura greeted the picture of her deceased mother as her father placed her breakfast on the table.
With both father and daughter seated, and breakfast in front of them, they said, "Itadakimasu!"
"From today on, Sakura-san is a high school senior. Do your best," said her father, and then with an afterthought, "Do you swap classes?"
"No, everyone from grade ten will be in my grade eleven class and we'll be in the same classroom," she replied after she swallowed some rice.
"That's good, I'm glad that Tomoyo-san will be in the same class as you," said her father kindly as they continued with breakfast.
I wonder if Yukito-san will still be my student-teacher…
"Sakura-san? Your breakfast?" asked her father, snapping Sakura out of her trance.
Sakura blushed and apologized, "Sorry, I was just thinking."
Breakfast continued, though considerably less hectic than usual.

Skating down the path to her school, cherry blossoms floated gracefully down around Sakura. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a familiar figure walking out of his house by the rows of Sakura trees.
"Yukito-san!" she called out happily, skidding to a stop.
"Good morning, Sakura-chan," Yukito said gently, as he approached her.
"Good morning," Sakura replied, standing much more straight than normal.
"Do you want to walk to school together?" asked Yukito with a smile.
"Yes!" Sakura replied in absolute bliss.

Sakura watched Yukito as she skated along with him. He noticed, turned his head, and gave her a bright smile. Sakura looked shyly downwards and continued to skate self-consciously.
"You're a eleventh grader now, are you?" asked Yukito, starting a conversation.
"Ye… Yes," stuttered Sakura as Yukito stopped suddenly.
"It's a bit late but…" said Yukito as he dug into his bag and brought out a wrapped box, "For you birthday and advancing to a new grade."
Sakura brightened and pointed to herself, "For me?"
Yukito nodded with a kind smile and said, "Here."
"Thank you very much!" said Sakura as she received the present. She stared at the present if it was the most precious treasure in the world with the uncontained joy."I'm really glad you like it!"
"Um… Yukito-san..." said Sakura shyly as they continued the road to school, "Are you going be my student teacher still?"
"I talked to sensei before the break and he said that we are going to be teaching the same class."
"Really?" asked Sakura with unbearable excitement.
Yukito nodded and it was going to be a very good new year of school indeed.

"Good morning!" greeted Sakura as she pulled open the door to her old classroom.
"Good morning," greeted Tomoyo, politely as usually, with her head cocked towards the doorway.
"Good morning, Tomoyo-chan," said Sakura, as she said down at her desk, beside Tomoyo's.
"I am so happy that we are in the same class again," said Tomoyo with a smile.
"Me too," said Sakura happily as Tomoyo noticed the gift in Sakura's hand.
"Oh? Could that be a present you are holding?" asked Tomoyo, as Sakura looked questioningly at her.
Sakura blushed and replied, pulling her present closer to her, "Yes, it's from Yukito-san."
Tomoyo contemplated silently, without a single comment, to Sakura's puzzlement.
"Good morning," greeted Chiharu, Naoko, and Rika as they approached the two.
"Good morning," greeted Sakura with a smile.
"Hey, I wonder who is our teacher?" said Chiharu as she bent down and placed her arms on Sakura's desk.
"Oh yeah. Our teachers change, I forgot," said Sakura.
The bell rang and the two Chinese exchange students stepped in, panting. Syaoran sported a huge sweatdrop and Meiling did not look like her usual confident self.
"We… we made it," said Syaoran as he heaved heavily, making his way to his desk with Meiling walking with him.
"Good morning, Li-kun, Meiling-chan," said Sakura, with her head turned, facing the two as they sat down at their desks.
"Good morning," they replied exhaustedly, Syaoran resting his head on both arms.
"Did you oversleep?" questioned Sakura, displaying her usual concern.
"I had a good dream, so I didn't want to wake up," said Meiling, regaining some of her vigour with her reply.
"What kind of dream?"
"I was on a date with Syaoran!" said Meiling, clasping her hands dreamily as Syaoran gave an exasperated sigh.
"A date?" said Sakura quizzically as she looked at Syaoran.
She was saying date, and looking straight at me, thought Syaoran as his mind went promptly haywire. To recover, he quickly faced away.
"The teacher is here," announced Takashi as Sakura looked confusedly away from Syaoran.
The classroom door slid open and a long skirt rustled as the teacher stepped into her home form. She held a binder in her right arm, and wore a black jacket. Her hair was smooth and straight, reaching above her waist.
Sakura broke into a joyful smile, "It's Mizuki-sensei!"
Syaoran raised his head in shock at Sakura's announcement, as Kaho approached her desk.
Hanyaan, thought Sakura as she placed both hands on her cheeks and closed her eyes blissfully.
"What's wrong with Kinomoto-san?" whispered Meiling to Tomoyo, puzzled.
"She seems to be in hanyaan mode," replied Tomoyo after a glance at Sakura.
Meiling looked at Tomoyo with a quizzical expression and asked, "What's that?"
"Good morning," Kaho greeted her class.
"Good morning," the class returned her greeting.
"I am your new class teacher, Mizuki Kaho. Nice to meet you," introduced Kaho as Syaoran frowned and watched the teacher with much caution.
A long figure standing on top of the Tokyo tower, the wind blowing against her.
Sakura broke out of her hanyaan mode immediately, as her eyes flashed open.
A close up of the figure, standing in front of the moon.
I wonder… wonder if that person is Mizuki-sensei.
A ruby red iris, orange brown bangs gently swaying.
But that…
"Okay, the first period is a free period," announced Kaho as she finished her talk with the class, "You may go now but don't tell anyone and be sure to be back before the bell rings."
Various cheers rang across the class as the students grabbed their bags and exited the classroom. Sakura picked up her bag to leave as Kaho approached her and said, "Something pretty is coming down and it'll accumulate a lot."
"Huh?" said Sakura confusedly.
Kaho turned away from the window and gave her a smile.
Sakura looked out the window and saw a white spec slowly descending, she said puzzled, "Cherry blossom?"
More of those tiny specs descended and Sakura realised what it was.
"Snow?"

Syaoran looked carefully over his shoulder and found relief that no one was there. Opening the two large oak double doors, he entered the library. Oh, what he would do for some peace and quiet. He had to admit he felt quite bad for ditching Meiling, but she had gotten significantly worse after that dream. And this morning… he definitely didn't want to think about it. It was complete chaotic hell.
Slipping into a secluded area in the less lighted sections of the library, he sat down at one of the tables, and took out one of his Japanese language books from his bag. Why did kanji had to be so similar to Chinese characters? He was bound to mix up a few once in a while. Japan itself though was not that bad, he thought as he blushed in memory of a certain snow rabbit.
"Li-kun, can I talk to you?" asked a female voice uncomfortably, as she approached him. Damn, cover was blown.
"Yeah," he replied, while setting his book onto the table, "But can I ask, how did you know I was here."
Sakura dragged a chair beside him as he winced. Couldn't she be quieter?
Finally seated beside him, she said with a smile, "I don't know why, I just knew. It was just this strange feeling."
Shaking his head rapidly, Syaoran relieved the sudden heat he felt in his cheeks.
Sakura said hesitantly, staring down at her clasped hands, "Umm… Li-kun, Tomoyo-chan told me something about you."
Syaoran almost jumped out of his seat, his face flaring redder than a stop sign. He avoided her eyes and inched away from the girl carefully. Daidouji! The bitch! How could she do this to me! OH GODS! HOW CAN I FACE THE WORLD NOW? Doomed, doomed, doomed…
"She said… umm… you like…" trailed Sakura tentatively as Syaoran began to curse his fate.
Well, it was better than what he thought it was. Still bad, though. Syaoran groaned and buried his face into his hands. He should have known Daidouji would have caught him blushing when that girl smiled at him the other day.
"It's not what you think it is!" protested Syaoran furiously, shaking his hands.
"… Yukito-san."
That guy?! Syaoran stared at her in bewilderment. She continued to talk as she stared down at her hands, fidgeting, "It really surprised me. I just want you to know that I… umm… hope we can still be friends even though we like the same person."
"Err… uh… yeah," he replied uncertainly, his blush had toned down but he was still considerably flushed, "Umm… don't you think I'm weird…"
"How?" she asked obliviously.
Ehh?
"I like err… I… like a guy," he replied, sweatdropping.
"Umm… I guess that if you really like a person… it doesn't matter what gender they are!" she said while smiling brightly at him. Syaoran stared at her and his cheeks burned for the nth time of the day.
"Li-kun, I'm really glad that you can talk to me about it and still be friends. I think I've been catching too much cards lately... I feel tired… " she trailed and her head landed onto his shoulder.
"Eh! Wait a sec…" said Syaoran, staring at her already closed eyes.
He flushed brighter, who knew it was possible, and continued to stare at her. She smelled nice... clean and refreshing, not like overpowering perfumes that all the other girls in the class wore. Her hair was very pretty, he noticed as the dim light reflected off the soft auburn strands. Nice? Pretty?! Li Syaoran's vocabulary does not contain the word pretty! Syaoran quickly tore gaze from her face and picked up his book carefully so that he would no shift his shoulder. He read a few pages with the occasional glance at the sleeping girl. There was no sound around them, as they were too far into the library for the conversation of chattering students to be heard. He found himself calming down and getting comfortable. Well… somewhat.

Where was the man? He said he was going to the washroom… Oh, when she found him, he was going to get it! Striding around a corner, she spotted a few students giggling. Girl talk? Hmm…
"Did you see that guy? The one with the messy brown hair and those really nice eyes? Wow, a such a gorgeous foreigner!" said a pigtailed freshman, happily to her friend.
"Uh-huh! I'm so glad we got accepted!"
The man they were talking about was Syaoran no doubt, Meiling thought with a large amount of pride. Too bad for them, he was already taken, she continued to think with a smirk, he would definitely not like those type of girls.
"Excuse me, I think you were talking about my fiancé Syaoran. Do you happen know where he is right now?" said Meiling with a small amount of satisfaction at seeing their crestfallen and shocked faces.
"I think he headed towards the library," answered the first girl, shifting in discomfort.
Meiling confidently walked towards the library, ignoring the conversation behind her. Let them say what they did. It didn't matter.
She opened the oak door of the library that Syaoran had touched not so long ago, and walked within, ignoring the shelves of books and a few admiring stares. She glanced around the area, intent on finding her fiancé.
She slipped around another shelf and saw familiar chocolate hair. There he was, thought he was too smart for her, huh? She opened her mouth to berate him and stopped, blanching.
Kinomoto-san and Syaoran… All of a sudden, she felt overwhelmingly sick and she turned around so she did not have the two in her vision. Somehow, they looked so right together, Syaoran quietly reading while Kinomoto-san was resting on his shoulder, it was sickening. It hurts, doesn't it? To be rejected again and again. To pretend that all these years of rejection is nothing. Nothing, nothing at all…
What are you doing Meiling? Get out of here. It hurts too much. I can't breathe…
She stepped forward a few steps and paused.
What am I doing? Syaoran is mine until the promise no longer exists. Why am I giving up so easily? I am strong. I'm just being stupid. Stupid.
She turned and with her hands on her hips, she scolded, "What are you thinking Syaoran? Did you just run away so you could have a quiet rendezvous with Kinomoto-san behind my back? Syaoran, I thought you were better than that."
"It's not what it looks like," protested Syaoran quietly, careful not to wake the sleeping girl, "She fell asleep on me."
Shaking her head, Meiling said with annoyance, "You really have to stop being so nice people Syaoran. I don't want you with other girls, so get up."
"Bu… but…"
Shaking her head for a second time, she positioned a chair to the other side of Sakura and sat down. Very gently, she tilted Sakura's head so it landed on her left shoulder.
"Now, go away. Honestly, you can be so stupid sometimes, Syaoran. Go eat lunch, and don't go near any other girls. I'll know if you do," Meiling warned, shooing him away.
"Thanks Meiling," he said as he grabbed his book bag and left the area.
Meiling sat there for a moment and started to get incredibly bored.
"I should have thought about this more before doing this. Geez, you can be so annoying Kinomoto-san," Meiling contemplated aloud. Unfortunately, it was too loud as Sakura started to wake, rubbing her eyes.
"Gomen Li-… Meiling-chan!" cried Sakura as she suddenly straightened.
"My shoulder was getting sore. Kinomoto-san, can't you find a better place to sleep?" Meiling said in irritation as she moved her shoulder around for circulation.
"Gomen Meiling-chan!" said Sakura, bowing apologetically.
"Can you stop apologizing too? … See this bracelet?" said Meiling, with a strange look in her eyes, bringing her right wrist up to Sakura's face.
"Yes, it's very pretty," replied Sakura politely.
"Syaoran's mother gave it to me. It's an engagement gift. Just remember that," said Meiling, standing up.
"Hoee?" wondered Sakura in confusion as she sat alone in the back of the library.

As it snowed outside, Sakura sat in her room, unwrapping her present. Smiling happily, she raised the watch to the light to examine it. It was a Seiko watch, gold plated and probably quite expensive. She wondered if she should return it, but for the time being she fastened it around her wrist and stared at her gift
"Yukito-san," Sakura sang and skipped out of her desk. She twirled and jumped onto her bed with another verse of "Yukito-san."
She rolled around in her bed, with too much enthusiasm.
"I brought the chips!" announced Cerberus as the door opened, holding a bag that was four times larger than him.
Sitting down, Cerberus looked out the window and commented, "It's still snowing even though it's spring, huh?"
Cerberus opened the chips with some strain and asked, "Hey Sakura, want some chips?"
All he got for a response was, "I got a watch from Yukito-san. I got a watch from Yukito-san…"
"Hey are you listening?" asked Cerberus as he sweated. With a grin, he said, "I guess I'll eat it all while you are in hanyaan mode."
Sakura dropped from her bed and popped a chip into her mouth to Cerberus's surprise. With a giggle, she looked at her watch and said happily, "This is so sweet."
"It is sweet, but I guess you don't forget about food either," commented Cerberus, "Well, is your new home form teacher the mysterious one?"
"Yes," said Sakura, still in a happy daze from her present.
"I'm sure I can sense something from her. It feels that there is something really powerful around her. Maybe because of that, she can sense the cards," wondered Cerberus in a moment of serious contemplation.
Sakura looked out the window after downing a potato chip and stared at the snow-covered houses.
"Something pretty is coming down and it'll accumulate a lot."
Is the snow really going to accumulate a lot?
"What's wrong?" asked Cerberus, in the middle of a chip.
Shaking her head, Sakura replied, "It's nothing."
The phone rang and Sakura picked up her phone, "Hello. Kinomoto residence."
"Sakura-san, sorry but I'm going to be coming home today," said her father's voice, sounding slightly static from his cell.
"How come?"
"It's snowing so bad that my car can't move."
"Really?" asked Sakura as she looked out the window, "HOEEE! It's about a meter high!"
"It really is bad, isn't it? Go cook and eat dinner first, I'll be staying overnight at the university," said Fujitaka.
"Okay, bye otou-san," Sakura bid her father.
"Bye." Click.

"Hoe…" said Sakura, her watch secured over her glove, as she flew over Tomoeda which was blanketed by snow. Tomoyo sat at the end on her wand, filming the scenery.
"Everything is covered except the roofs," commented Cerberus as they looked down, "With the snow so widespread, I can't sense anything up here."
"Let's go down lower," said Sakura as she steered her wand so it swerved downwards.
Sakura descend to Tomoeda Park, and dropped Tomoyo off at the crown of Emperor penguin. The wings shimmered away and Sakura fell the snow, the surface just reaching to under her chest.
"This is the act of Snow," said Syaoran as Sakura climbed on top of the artificial penguin, with Tomoyo helping her up.
"Li-kun. Meiling-chan. Huh? How come are you guys standing on top of the snow?" asked Sakura, noticing also the faint green glow around their feet.
"Thanks to Syaoran's music," Meiling replied proudly.
"You can use your float card, you know," Syaoran informed.
"Oh that's right," said Sakura, bringing out the card.
"Kozou! I was just about to mention that!" said Cerberus in annoyance at the know-it-all brat.
After some arguing, and peace talks, Meiling sat by Tomoyo as Sakura and Syaoran stood on top of the snow by Float's magic.
"Snow. So it's the card called Snow?" said Sakura, wonderingly.
"Yeah, but I couldn't sense anything at all," said Syaoran, trying to think of how to solve this problem.
"Me too," answered Sakura, "But Mizuki-sensei said that something really pretty will come down and… she seems to know that it'll accumulate this much."
Syaoran and Cerberus looked at her in surprise. Flying closer to Sakura, Cerberus asked, "Huh? You're saying that she knew this would occur because of a Clow card?"
"I couldn't exactly tell…"
Syaoran's eyes narrowed and said, looking off to the side, "After all, that teacher isn't normal."
"But Mizuki-sensei is kind and pretty," protested Sakura, placing a hand on her cheek, "She makes me feel hanyaan!"
Suddenly, the snow began to descend again and Sakura raised her palm to catch a few snowflakes.
"It's coming again!" warned Syaoran, as the snow began to come down heavier.
The snow ceased to descend peacefully and whirled around the two like in a storm.
"Tomoyo-chan! Meiling-chan!" cried Sakura, as she shied her face from the biting snow with her arm.
"At this rate… At this rate… I can't shoot Sakura's video!" cried Tomoyo through the storm.
Syaoran's eyes contracted as Sakura fell over.
"This way!" commanded Syaoran as he grabbed Sakura's wrist, pulling her up. They ran to an area, where it was clear, and the small snowstorm followed them and encased them again.
"Hoee! It's after us," said Sakura, still covering her face.
"This snow contains magical power," said Cerberus, gripping Sakura's wand to keep himself from being sent flying.
"Let's move away from Meiling and camera girl," suggested Syaoran, shielding his face also.
"Fly," chanted Sakura as she mounted her wand. Sakura extended a gloved hand to Syaoran, making him gulp nervously and flush.
"Hurry!" Sakura said as the snow pounded against them.
It is a hand, it's not like if you haven't touched it before…
Syaoran gathered his courage and grabbed onto it, ascending onto her wand. Sakura swerved away from the snow whirlwind and began to make distance. Wisps of snow began to shift as the whirlwind started to move out its immobile state to follow them.
"Syaoran, good luck!" called Meiling cheerfully.

"It's going to catch up to us!" said Sakura as they continued to flee from the whirlwind as Syaoran watched the distance between themselves and the card. Sakura swooped low and the wind began to drill into the snow, causing the snow to raise in clouds.
"At this rate, the town will be covered in snow," said Cerberus, holding onto Sakura's shoulder.
"We can't just run away from it," said Syaoran after a moment of thinking.
"But…" protested Sakura, still halting to a stop as the whirlwind approached them.
"God of Fire, come forth!" chanted Syaoran as he pressed his blade against an ofuda.
A flame struck the centre of the whirlwind, appearing to smash it apart, in a cloud of snow.
"You did it!" cried Sakura happily.
"Not yet," said Syaoran, as the snow still appeared to be in one mass. The whirlwind began to form yet again and they were caught into it. After being spun relentless in the core, they were expel roughly.
"This is bad, if we can use stronger fire," said Cerberus, after reorienting himself.
"It's coming again," warned Syaoran as the tornado pummelled towards them. Sakura turned sharply and fled.
"It's so persistent," complained Cerberus, as they returned to their former situation.
"What should we do?" asked Sakura uneasily.
"All right, one more time," said Syaoran with determination, raising his sword.
"Ehh!" cried Sakura suddenly, as she looked at her wrist.
"What is it?" asked Syaoran after Cerberus asked a similar question of concern.
"My watch is gone!" said Sakura unhappily, slightly in shock.
"Your watch? As in the one you got today?" asked Cerberus as Syaoran watched patiently.
"The watch I got today from Yukito-san was so precious to me…"
Syaoran gaped and he said jealously, "He gave you something?!"
"That's so cruel!" cried Sakura, with a tear in her eye, as her eyes themselves appeared to flame in anger.
Sakura landed upon the stone arch in the Tsukimine shrine and twisted around to face the card, with fury on her face.
Syaoran stared confusedly, I've never seen her like this…
"O Fire, melt away all the snow. Firey!" Sakura chanted as spirals of flame extended from the card. From a large flame, Fiery appeared, creating a sphere of heat and light. So bright that it blinded Syaoran and hot enough to melt away a few meters radius of snow.
Firey relentlessly dove into the centre of the whirlwind and melted it apart. After it flew across the town of Tomoeda, melting the snow so that there was not even a trace of the storm.
Syaoran and Cerberus stared, with their mouths opened. Syaoran turned to the angered Sakura with a funny expression on his face and uttered, "Incredible."
"After all, girls are scary when they get mad," commented Cerberus, turning to Sakura also.
You don't have to tell me about it stuffed animal… Strangely, my sisters get really cranky sometimes for no absolute reason. I hide in my room then. When Meiling gets like that too, and I still hide in my room, telling her I'm training. It's just that I didn't expect it from… her.
A white robed figure with long hair, flew away from Firey as it continued to chase her.
"Sakura, that's the true form of Snow," said Cerberus as Sakura raised her staff determinedly.
"Return to thy true form, Clow Card!" chanted Sakura as the card dissembled into snow and formed into a card.
"I lost my watch," said Sakura, her eyes watery, as she stared at her wrist, "The watch he gave was so precious to me…"
"He… Hey," said Syaoran, softly, not exactly sure of what to do.
"The watch Yukito-san gave me…" said Sakura as she began to cry. Syaoran backed away as Sakura fell to her knees, sobbing.
"Don't… don't cry," said Syaoran kindly as he placed a hand gently on her shoulder.
Syaoran knelt down beside her and comforted her as she cried.

Sakura stood under the, arch, leaning against a pillar, still crying. Cerberus and Syaoran looked at each other, unsure what to do.
"In… In… In the meantime, I'll go check on Tomoyo and the girl," stuttered Cerberus, flailing as he made up his excuse.
"Hey!" called Syaoran, extending his hand out as Cerberus fled the scene, leaving him to deal with Sakura. Damned irresponsible stuffed animal… thought Syaoran as he turned his gaze towards Sakura.
Somehow, it looked incredibly awful to see that she was unhappy. He hated to see people crying. To see them completely vulnerable in front of him. He was jealous of her, the way she could be so happy. Yet, there was no satisfaction at all with the situation. Right now, he would rather see her joyful smile than her tears.
"I'll look with you until we find it," Syaoran said after a moment of decision, as he approached her.
Sakura wiped her eyes and smiled brilliantly at him, saying, "Thank you. You are so nice."
Syaoran's eyes contracted as blood rushed to his face, yet again proving how little control he had of his blood circulation.
A bell chimed. Syaoran clenched a fist, and moved an arm protectively in front of Sakura.
"Good evening," greeted Kaho, in her priestess robes, holding her ancient bell.
"Mizuki-sensei!" greeted Sakura, straightening from her position by the pillar.
"Oh, what an unusual outfit," remarked Kaho as she approached Sakura.
"Umm… umm…" stuttered Sakura as she fiddled with one of her ribbons.
Turning her head towards Syaoran, she said, "You don't need to be so alert. I just came to return something to Kinomoto-san that she dropped."
Opening her fist, Kaho asked, "This is yours right?"
Sakura looked down at Kaho's hands to see her greatly treasured watch.
Sakura gasped and smiled, replying, "Yes!"
Taking the watch from Kaho carefully, Sakura questioned, "But how did you know it was mine?"
Kaho smiled and answered mysteriously, "I just do."
"Thanks for everything today. Now you should go home to sleep. Good night," Kaho bid the two teenagers, and walked slowly away, her footsteps making dull thuds.
"Oh um… thank you very much!" said Sakura bowing and Kaho turned to smile at her.
Sakura looked at her watch and watched the teacher with a smile. Syaoran, however, watched the woman's movements with his eyebrows drawn together.
A bell softly chimed in the wind as Kaho walked back to the shrine. Above them, the full moon shone…



Author's Notes: (Webpage Updates regularly)
Care, thank you for your comments. You sure know how to make someone feel overwhelmingly better! ^^ Oh Sakura1301, thank you for welcoming me back! ^^ (Forgot to check the board until much later.)
Oh, umm, Ashley-chan, I don't have white hair at all usually unless I'm stressed or depressed. The most I ever had before was three at the same time, I guess missing an exam freaked me out. Oh, you didn't watched movie one? I guess I should have stamped a spoiler warning on my story. Whoops… Gomen Nasai!!!
Oh about Sakura and Yukito? I'll probably follow the anime plotline. Sorry but that scene is just too beautiful to scrap.
Oh man I'm getting pounded by summer school, have a test tomorrow, lab Thurs., and part of an ISU Fri. Good thing in two weeks it'll be all over…
If you like my introspection on characters, read my Naoko one-shot. Cough, shameless advertisement…
Next episode! Tomoyo's vanished voice! Perhaps one of the cutest episodes! Lot's of S&S fun! (Hopefully I can mess with Syaoran more!) OHOHOHOHOHO!
Syaoran: ...Damn you.

July 10, 2001, Christine Chan aka Kinomoto Sakura of Ffnet